PDA

View Full Version : Incoming Items from Shea

jwasserman
09-19-2008, 07:25 AM
Thought it'd be fun to see what pieces you guys have already pre-ordered for the upcoming Shea sell-off.

I'll get the ball rolling:

2 SNY Home of the Mets Signs
1 Napkin Holder (who could live without one of these)
1 Parking Designation Sign- VIP

I'd love to set-up the old dugout in my backyard but the wife wasn't having it. ;-)

metsbats
09-24-2008, 06:54 PM
I was waiting to I officially paid MeiGray before posting. Now that it's done I was going to post on the "I cried tonight" thread that VintageDeputy started:D

But here goes..

jwasserman
09-24-2008, 08:30 PM
very cool! did you take all those pictures on the walk-through?

I was waiting to I officially paid MeiGray before posting. Now that it's done I was going to post on the "I cried tonight" thread that VintageDeputy started:D

But here goes..

metsbats
09-24-2008, 08:49 PM
The first photo is from off the television and the holders are taken during my last game attended at Shea. The other photos are off the web.

David

HENMICK44
09-25-2008, 05:56 AM
the way the mets are playing they should give this crap away for free.

metsbats
09-25-2008, 10:10 AM
the way the mets are playing they should give this crap away for free.

The feeling of entitlement is astonishing on this forum:eek:

I wonder how many of the 18 folks who got arrested at Yankee Stadium on Sunday night told the police " well the Yankees are not going to the playoffs this year so I'm entitled to this crap for free"

As far as the 2008 Mets goes, the absence of their close Billy Wagner and the erractic horrible bullpen is this years downfall. The fact that they are still in the chase is amazing having to make due what they have in that bullpen. Jerry Manuel has done a great job given the cards he has available to deal with.

The real culprit this year is Mets Management particularily Omar Minaya who did absolutely nothing to sure up the bullpen before the trading deadline and is the real cause of the collapse should one occur this year.

Johan Santana lost at least 7 wins due to blown saves and the Mets could easily been up by 5 games in the standings in the NL East otherwise (and I'm not even counting the blown saves for the other starters)

So what do the Mets do? Taking a cue from Wall St. they award him with a 4 year extention.

David

dcrules01
09-25-2008, 05:45 PM
If last nights game is counted the Mets have 30 blown saves this year...

raider1088
09-25-2008, 08:51 PM
i ordered a pair of the blue seats

metsbats
09-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Well gentlemen, it looks like we get our pieces of Shea within the next two weeks.

Go Cubbies!

David

MRMusial
09-28-2008, 09:58 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the seat company has 15 days to remove the seats but it'll be 2 to 3 months before we see them. Per Mets.com:

Q: When will my seat pair(s) arrive?
A: Seat pairs will arrive 8-12 weeks after the final game is played at Shea Stadium.

metsbats
09-28-2008, 10:21 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the seat company has 15 days to remove the seats but it'll be 2 to 3 months before we see them. Per Mets.com:

Yes that's correct. However MeiGray has 15 days to remove their items too from what i was told.

PRBill1
10-05-2008, 11:28 PM
I've got a National League Stool from the Visitors Clubhouse as well as a piece of the facade inside the Stadium which includes Casey, Robin Ventura and Jesse Orosco.

metsbats
10-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Nice pickup! Those facades with the photos are great looking.

metsbats
10-06-2008, 08:39 PM
http://mets.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/User?id=metsList&wl=33339254&type=L

Looks like the items that didn't sell during the premiere club sale finally made it to MLB auctions.

At least one of the items, the proper id required at this point sign is selling at $50 above the initial asking price at this point.

Will be interesting to see how much this memorabilia goes on the open market.

David

MRMusial
10-07-2008, 01:31 PM
These became available late this morning on MLB.com auctions too.

Original Outfield Wall Brick
http://mets.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=98653032&prmenbr=33339254&aunbr=98999742

Stadium Brick
http://mets.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=98653039&prmenbr=33339254&aunbr=98999749

metsbats
10-07-2008, 07:38 PM
http://mets.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=98509899&prmenbr=33339254&aunbr=98856609

This sign was offered thru the premier club for $75.

http://mets.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=98509883&prmenbr=33339254&aunbr=98856593

The ketchup and mustard holders offered thru the premier club for $125.

David

metsbats
10-07-2008, 07:42 PM
I noticed that in the auction description for the holder and sign it states each item is one of a kind. No wonder the bids are higher. Now anyone in their right mind would know there are much more than one ketchup holder in the Stadium.

This is truly misleading and may be leading to the higher bids in my opinion.

David

ckesten
10-11-2008, 05:31 PM
After pleading with my wife since they announced the seat sale, I just ordered the Green seats...where my father used to have season tickets

very excited... will go great with my grass from the 86 pennant.

BarryMeisel
10-12-2008, 07:07 AM
David,

I think you took the one-of-a-kind clause out of context.

This is the ketchup and mustard holder description:

"This item hung in Shea Stadium during the 2008 season, the Mets' final season at Shea. This ketchup and mustard holder was located at the Midtown Express on the Mezzanine level on the third base side."

I don't think anybody would reasonably conclude that this is the only ketchup and mustard holder. What you are referring to, and what I believe you took out of context in my opinion, is the disclaimer phrase after the auction, a phrase which is listed after every auction item.

"Each item is one-of-a-kind, as is, as it stands in Shea. If for any reason your item is unable to be removed from Shea, or inadvertently destroyed during dismantling, you will receive a full refund."

This disclaimer is to remind bidders that in the event any individual item, like this ketchup and mustard holder, is damaged/destroyed or unable to be retrieved, the winning bidder will get a full refund. Of course, in the case of a ketchup and mustard holder, we could offer a winning bidder another one (if available) in the event this item got damaged or destroyed. But in cases where there is only one item (like the huge Dunkin Donuts cup in the LF bullpen), if that item were to be damaged or destroyed, there would be no way to replace it.

That was the purpose of the clause.
Thanks for your understanding.

Barry

metsbats
10-12-2008, 08:08 AM
David,

I think you took the one-of-a-kind clause out of context.

This is the ketchup and mustard holder description:

"This item hung in Shea Stadium during the 2008 season, the Mets' final season at Shea. This ketchup and mustard holder was located at the Midtown Express on the Mezzanine level on the third base side."

I don't think anybody would reasonably conclude that this is the only ketchup and mustard holder. What you are referring to, and what I believe you took out of context in my opinion, is the disclaimer phrase after the auction, a phrase which is listed after every auction item.

"Each item is one-of-a-kind, as is, as it stands in Shea. If for any reason your item is unable to be removed from Shea, or inadvertently destroyed during dismantling, you will receive a full refund."

This disclaimer is to remind bidders that in the event any individual item, like this ketchup and mustard holder, is damaged/destroyed or unable to be retrieved, the winning bidder will get a full refund. Of course, in the case of a ketchup and mustard holder, we could offer a winning bidder another one (if available) in the event this item got damaged or destroyed. But in cases where there is only one item (like the huge Dunkin Donuts cup in the LF bullpen), if that item were to be damaged or destroyed, there would be no way to replace it.

That was the purpose of the clause.
Thanks for your understanding.

Barry

Barry,

Thanks for the clarification. If you put it into that context with the disclaimer then yes it can be said it is one of a kind be virture that it was the only one at that location.

That said, I picked up my ketchup/mustard holder yesterday and though it had the MLB holgram, which by the way I cannot find yet on the MLB site, it did not have the sticker which indicated which part of the ball park it came from. Most of my other items have an additional white sticker which printed the location the item was taken from (ie 1st base side).

When the MLB site is updated with the Shea holograms will I expect to see this info in the description too?

Thanks,

-David

metsbats
10-12-2008, 08:10 AM
After pleading with my wife since they announced the seat sale, I just ordered the Green seats...where my father used to have season tickets

Ckesten,

Congrats on the pickup.

You need to go out and buy your wife a nice gift before the seats arrive.

Believe me it works.

-David

MRMusial
10-12-2008, 04:01 PM

Congrats, ckesten, on a nice pickup!

I gave my wife a few years heads-ups - as soon as they announced the new stadium - that'd be buying one regardless of the price but haven't told her what they cost. All she needed to know was that they were ordered and paid for.

Her reply, "I don't think I want to know." ;)

ckesten
10-12-2008, 04:11 PM
So were does everyone plan on displaying their shea memorabila..

i dont know what to do with my seats yet...considering my wife said i can have them but they aren't allowed in our home because she thinks they are ugly!

BarryMeisel
10-12-2008, 04:54 PM
David,

MLB Authenticated reps have been working hard at Shea every day during this 15-day removal period, but I do not know how much information will be recorded when it is logged in the database.

I do know there is plenty to be logged by them.

Regards, Barry

metsbats
10-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Barry,

I'm hoping they include the location of where the item was so that the one of kind based on location which was marketed to buyers is confirmed in the authenication.

The fact that some of my items did come with a sticker indicating location is a good sign.

We'll wait to see what the site will eventually reflect.

Thanks
-David

metsbats
10-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Ckesten,

Please show your wife where I plan on permanently displaying my backstop panel. The first thing I thought about when I saw them was "headboard!"

It may help getting your seats into your house.

David

ckesten
10-12-2008, 08:00 PM
that is hilarious!!

ckesten
10-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Hey guys,

2 Questions

Why are the Mets taking apart the seats just to put that back together again. In many pictures you see they are taking off the backs and piling them up.

Also, when will more items be added to mets.com

A point I'd like to make and I bet a lot of people agree with me is why are they stripping the paint off of the arms and repainting them for indoor use. I'd much rather them be real..the way they are.

Does anyone know if the seats will be able to sit up by itself or does it have to be nailed in somewhere? This may be a dumb question. I just want to know if it can just stand up by itself so it can be sit in.

thanks

metsbats
10-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Hey guys,

2 Questions

Why are the Mets taking apart the seats just to put that back together again. In many pictures you see they are taking off the backs and piling them up.

A point I'd like to make and I bet a lot of people agree with me is why are they stripping the paint off of the arms and repainting them for indoor use. I'd much rather them be real..the way they are.

Does anyone know if the seats will be able to sit up by itself or does it have to be nailed in somewhere? This may be a dumb question. I just want to know if it can just stand up by itself so it can be sit in.

thanks

I believe the seats you are seeing piled up are every 3rd seat. For every pair of seats the 3rd seat in the row has to be dismantled. They probably will use the seat backs or bottoms to sell autographed by players.

The first set of items end 10/31 on the Mets auction site. At the end of each auction period new items will be added up until the opening of the 2009 season.

If you brought the free standing orange seats they of course will stand by themselves. The blue, green, red seats which were attached to concrete will have bracketed stands attached so they will also be able to stand.

David

ckesten
10-13-2008, 07:24 PM
very knowledgable... I got the green seats... how do you think theyll look with the piece to have them stand up straight? Hope this doesn't make it a complete eye saw

MRMusial
10-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Hey guys,

2 Questions

thanks

I think you'll find your questions answered in this thread.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=18485&highlight=shea

ckesten
10-13-2008, 07:28 PM
perfect..appreciate it

metsbats
10-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Here's a site for a company who makes these type of brackets. The ones they are putting on the Shea seats MAY be similar. That's my guess.

http://www.msequip.com/brackets.html

I have a pair of Loge seats so we are both getting the seats with brackets.

David

metsbats
10-13-2008, 07:37 PM
http://www.stadiumseating.net/professional/client/

This is the company which is doing the removal and restoration. Check out the brackets on these seats. It's probably what the Shea seats will look like.

-David

ckesten
10-13-2008, 07:45 PM
alright... not thrilled with that but i guess ill have to live with it... hope the color matches or something

thanks for the info!

dcrules01
12-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Figured I would post this here I didnt get any items from Shea but I got this today Doug Flynn NY Mets ceremony jersey worn by him after the last game late 70's ealy 80's Mets

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/metsjerseys/Flynn001.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/metsjerseys/Flynn003.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/metsjerseys/Flynn002.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/metsjerseys/flynnsheagoodbye.jpg