Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwasserman
    • Feb 2006

Incoming Items from Shea

Thought it'd be fun to see what pieces you guys have already pre-ordered for the upcoming Shea sell-off.

I'll get the ball rolling:

2 SNY Home of the Mets Signs
    1 Napkin Holder (who could live without one of these)
    1 Parking Designation Sign- VIP

I'd love to set-up the old dugout in my backyard but the wife wasn't having it. ;-)
    http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g2...n/game%20used/
    http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/Neshek/
  • metsbats
    • Nov 2005

Re: Incoming Items from Shea

I was waiting to I officially paid MeiGray before posting. Now that it's done I was going to post on the "I cried tonight" thread that VintageDeputy started

But here goes..
    Attached Files
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• jwasserman
      • Feb 2006

very cool! did you take all those pictures on the walk-through?

Originally posted by metsbats
      I was waiting to I officially paid MeiGray before posting. Now that it's done I was going to post on the "I cried tonight" thread that VintageDeputy started

But here goes..
      http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g2...n/game%20used/
      http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/Neshek/

Comment

• metsbats
        • Nov 2005

The first photo is from off the television and the holders are taken during my last game attended at Shea. The other photos are off the web.

David
        metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• HENMICK44
          • Mar 2008

the way the mets are playing they should give this crap away for free.

Comment

• metsbats
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by HENMICK44
            the way the mets are playing they should give this crap away for free.

The feeling of entitlement is astonishing on this forum

I wonder how many of the 18 folks who got arrested at Yankee Stadium on Sunday night told the police " well the Yankees are not going to the playoffs this year so I'm entitled to this crap for free"

As far as the 2008 Mets goes, the absence of their close Billy Wagner and the erractic horrible bullpen is this years downfall. The fact that they are still in the chase is amazing having to make due what they have in that bullpen. Jerry Manuel has done a great job given the cards he has available to deal with.

The real culprit this year is Mets Management particularily Omar Minaya who did absolutely nothing to sure up the bullpen before the trading deadline and is the real cause of the collapse should one occur this year.

Johan Santana lost at least 7 wins due to blown saves and the Mets could easily been up by 5 games in the standings in the NL East otherwise (and I'm not even counting the blown saves for the other starters)

So what do the Mets do? Taking a cue from Wall St. they award him with a 4 year extention.

David
            metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• dcrules01
              • Nov 2005

If last nights game is counted the Mets have 30 blown saves this year...
              Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Comment

• raider1088
                • Sep 2007

i ordered a pair of the blue seats

Comment

• metsbats
                  • Nov 2005

Well gentlemen, it looks like we get our pieces of Shea within the next two weeks.

Go Cubbies!

David
                  metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• MRMusial
                    • Apr 2008

If I'm not mistaken, the seat company has 15 days to remove the seats but it'll be 2 to 3 months before we see them. Per Mets.com:

Q: When will my seat pair(s) arrive?
                    A: Seat pairs will arrive 8-12 weeks after the final game is played at Shea Stadium.

Comment

• metsbats
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by MRMusial
                      If I'm not mistaken, the seat company has 15 days to remove the seats but it'll be 2 to 3 months before we see them. Per Mets.com:

Yes that's correct. However MeiGray has 15 days to remove their items too from what i was told.
                      metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• PRBill1
                        • Feb 2007

I've got a National League Stool from the Visitors Clubhouse as well as a piece of the facade inside the Stadium which includes Casey, Robin Ventura and Jesse Orosco.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• metsbats
                          • Nov 2005

Nice pickup! Those facades with the photos are great looking.
                          metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• metsbats
                            • Nov 2005

Looks like the items that didn't sell during the premiere club sale finally made it to MLB auctions.

At least one of the items, the proper id required at this point sign is selling at $50 above the initial asking price at this point.

Will be interesting to see how much this memorabilia goes on the open market.

David
                            metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• MRMusial
                              • Apr 2008

These became available late this morning on MLB.com auctions too.

Original Outfield Wall Brick

Stadium Brick
                              http://mets.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/...aunbr=98999749
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...