PDA

View Full Version : American Memorabilia Winners

Canseco44
09-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Did anyone win in last nights auction? If you did, lets see what you won. I was able to get the Jason Isringhausen Game Worn BP Jersey. It went for a little more than I wanted to pay for a BP jersey, but I'll take it.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=45267

Todd

Canseco44
09-19-2008, 09:33 AM
I do feel like there was something fishy going on. There were three bids within six seconds of each other. The good thing is, it wasn't bid all the way up to my max bid. I was already prepared to pay the max for this thing. I do think there is something wrong with that.

Todd

hrvatwill
09-19-2008, 11:51 AM
I won (the right to pay for :-)) the 2001 Aramis Ramirez jersey with Stargell Memorial Patch and 9/11 flag.

Admittedly, I paid much more than I wanted to but I had previously decided that if I ever saw that particular jersey, I was going to go for it.

I was also "aided" by the fact that I was outbid on the two other auctions on which I bid, so was able to further rationalize the higher price by telling myself that I had merely diverted resources from another endeavor and at the end of the night, was ahead vis-a-vis my planned expenditure budget. :)

beavisrules
09-19-2008, 10:47 PM
I won the Julius Jones cowboys jersey. I have been looking for one for a while, but had never seen one sell for less than $550 that had game exclusive docs/provo tags on ebay or at any auction houses. Imagine my surprise when I checked my email and found I was the winner - for $322! Granted, it's not like Julius is a hot ticket item these days, but it's also not like he's retired or out of football. I thought this was a steal (sure, it's roughly $400 with all the fees, but still over 3 figures less than I've ever seen one sell before). If you're curious, I did not use the ceiling bid feature.

dcgreg25
09-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Beavis, nice pick-up on the Jones jersey. I had my eye on it but was out of town and missed it. Go irish!

scottanservitz
09-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Beavis,
I too was on the Jones jersey. I totally forgot about it or I would have bid. You got a nice piece at an even nicer price. Congrats.

Scott