PDA

View Full Version : Trent Dilfer - Trouble - GU Helmets - Ebay - etc.

helmets
09-19-2008, 09:23 AM
The other day, I bought a Trent Dilfer game used jersey on ebay. You probably all saw the listings from the seller that had several jerseys, a helmet, Dilfer pants, etc. I paid immediately through paypal as I always do. Yesterday, two days after the auction ended, I receive a notice from ebay, that they cancelled the ended auction (makes sense huh) and removed the item. Sure enough, it was even gone from my watch list as well as my items won section. I had to file a dispute, which automatically became a claim. I am waiting for the outcome.

Looking back at the listing, I see that the seller had ZERO feedback, and that he wanted all communication to go through his own email. In addition, he had horrible photos of the items, and I should have smelled the scam before jumping in on a "great deal" of a Game Used Dilfer jersey for a bit over $100.

Today, there are three Game Used helmets that are about to end. Culpepper, McNair, and Davis. I would like to bid on one, but when I read the listing, it looks hauntingly familiar. Seller registered in November of 2007, but still has ZERO feedback. In the description, he wants questions to go to his personal email. I tried communicating through the "Ask Seller Question," but no response. I see Paypal buyer protection offers "up to $200" back, but the helmet(s) are over $300 and the reserve has not been met. Something again smells fishy, and I guess, I will resist.

If someone on here is bidding or wins one of the three, let me know how it works out...

aeneas01
09-19-2008, 10:37 PM
a similar thing happened to me not too long ago - an ebayer listed several game used raymond barry items including the below pictured goggles. although i wasn't particularly interested in the goggles, i thought they would make a great/valuable collectible - especially since i was able to photo match them - so i put in a snipe towards the end of the auction.

right before the auction ended i received an "alert" email from ebay (not the seller) informing me that ebay had chosen to remove/cancel all of the seller's items. when i logged onto ebay i discovered that the goggles had sold for only $160 (all of the seller's auctions had run their course) but there was a message from ebay statng that the auction had been cnacelled by ebay. a few hours later all of the seller's items were purged from ebay's archive - the items that had just ended, the items that had not ended and all of his past sales history.

btw i googled the email address (roberts4sale@yahoo.com) your ebayer posted in his ads and got some hits - it appears that a realtor from rhode island named garret roberts owns that email. his phone number can be found at the googled links...

http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=roberts4sale%40yahoo.com&btnG=Google+Search

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/aeneas1/160goggles1.jpg