PDA

View Full Version : Show Your Most Prized Items

HENMICK44
09-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Lets See What You Have And I Will If I Can Figure Out This Damm Camera.

schubert1970
09-20-2008, 01:02 AM
I posted this recently, but I have a ton of items and my favorite is still my AROD bat he used to hit HR#522 on 4-16-08 passing McCovey and Willams on the all-time home run list. This was at Yankee Stadium against Wakefield, bat is uncracked, ton of use.....I treasure this more than my Ruth baseball...without a doubt something I hope to pass down to my son.

Escape2u
09-20-2008, 04:51 AM
I have many favorites as well but to see my 10 year old in the batting cage with Luis Gonzalez in the batting cage is priceless, he became a good friend and was a great partner as a icon for kids of all ages on the monster truck I use to do charity events and displays at car shows. GONZO made everyone he came in-contact with feel special. I wish him and his family the best of luck...

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g86/escape2u/DSCN1743_818.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g86/escape2u/P1011410-1.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g86/escape2u/18341591-1.jpg

joelsabi
09-20-2008, 10:11 AM
I have many favorites as well but to see my 10 year old in the batting cage with Luis Gonzalez in the batting cage is priceless, he became a good friend and was a great partner as a icon for kids of all ages on the monster truck I use to do charity events and displays at car shows. GONZO made everyone he came in-contact with feel special. I wish him and his family the best of luck...

Experiences seem to trump a prized item for me too. Hope I have an positive experience like your with my kid in the future.

HENMICK44
09-20-2008, 12:21 PM
That Arod Bat Is Awsome! How Did You Obtain It,if You Don't Mind Me Asking?

bigtruck260
09-20-2008, 12:37 PM
I would have to say my bats. I have collected stuff all of my life, but bats have provided me with numerous friends - especially here.

God and Family will always come first, but I love sitting in my office surrounded by bats of my favorite players' lumber. Pujols is the most valuable, but there are others that I would say have more sentimental value...I guess my Bernard Gilkey rookie bat (his name is misspelled) or maybe my Milt Thompson LS. My collection theme has always been my favorite Cardinal players. If I sell or trade something, it's usually because I am looking to upgrade, or I am bored and want to switch something out, and begin a new challenge of finding a replacement.

33bird
09-20-2008, 12:43 PM
These are my most prized possessions as of right now:
MJ game used 1995-96 shoes: black/white (from Charles Oakley) and 1995-96 all-star shoes.
Bird game used playoff shoes-1992-signed and dated.
Greg
biggamebird@yahoo.com

JCC1968
09-20-2008, 01:23 PM
My prized items

1) Opening Day 1953 Brooklyn Dodgers first pitch John Casmore

2) Len Barker 05/15/81 perfect game. A baseball used from that game signed by all the umpires and Len Barker.

3) 1980 ALCS Yankees and Brewers game used baseball signed by umpires for that game and MVP Frank White.

4) 1977 game used baseball signed by plate umpire Larry McCoy and verified game used by Larry. As signed by Reggie Jackson

JCC1968
09-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Dale

Most prized tigers item. First pitch baseball from game 2 2006 World Series.

JCC1968
09-20-2008, 01:50 PM
guys

Sorry had a small brain freeze highlight in red
My prized items

1) Opening Day 1953 Brooklyn Dodgers first pitch John Cashmore

2) Len Barker 05/15/81 perfect game. A baseball used from that game signed by all the umpires and Len Barker.

3) 1980 ALCS Yankees and Royals game used baseball signed by umpires for that game and MVP Frank White.

4) 1977 game used baseball signed by plate umpire Larry McCoy and verified game used by Larry McCoy. As signed by Reggie JacksonToday 05:43 PM

4cuda9er
09-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Fernando Tatis game used collection. Been collecting his GU items for about 10 years. Have at least one jersey from each team since he has been playing in the USA. Missing jersey's from the Orioles, and Devil Rays, but do have GU bats from these teams. So if anyone can help find the two jersey's I would surely appreciate the help. Since these photos, 6 additional items have been signed by Tatis, making almost every item autographed. It's been exciting watching his career, and now only a couple weeks till the end of the season, on the disabled list.

joelsabi
09-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Fernando Tatis game used collection. Been collecting his GU items for about 10 years. Have at least one jersey from each team since he has been playing in the USA. Missing jersey's from the Orioles, and Devil Rays, but do have GU bats from these teams. So if anyone can help find the two jersey's I would surely appreciate the help. Since these photos, 6 additional items have been signed by Tatis, making almost every item autographed. It's been exciting watching his career, and now only a couple weeks till the end of the season, on the disabled list.

you have an awesome collection. do you know why tatis changes his numbers frequently?

3arod13
09-20-2008, 07:11 PM

WOW! Great collection!

3arod13
09-20-2008, 07:13 PM
I posted this recently, but I have a ton of items and my favorite is still my AROD bat he used to hit HR#522 on 4-16-08 passing McCovey and Willams on the all-time home run list. This was at Yankee Stadium against Wakefield, bat is uncracked, ton of use.....I treasure this more than my Ruth baseball...without a doubt something I hope to pass down to my son.

Awesome bat! I'm seriously jealous. Will you adobt me as your son? (lol)

4cuda9er
09-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Hi joelsabi

Thanks for the compliment..My opinion, and in watching him change teams, is that he would have preferred #23 after breaking the slam record, but the number was not always available, so it appeared that he was trying to claim #21. In spring training, if not on the 20 man roster, they pick up a odd number, which accounted for the Dodgers #6, and the Mets #85 spring training jersey's. Schneider had #23 for the Mets, and Lowe had #23 for the Dodgers.

bigtruck260
09-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Hi joelsabi

Thanks for the compliment..My opinion, and in watching him change teams, is that he would have preferred #23 after breaking the slam record, but the number was not always available, so it appeared that he was trying to claim #21. In spring training, if not on the 20 man roster, they pick up a odd number, which accounted for the Dodgers #6, and the Mets #85 spring training jersey's. Schneider had #23 for the Mets, and Lowe had #23 for the Dodgers.

No suprise to me, but Fernando had his best years as a Cardinal. I was surprised when they let him go considering he was a fan favorite...but in the end it worked out for both of us. Polanco and Rolen did a nice job at third when he left. No wonder his items are so hard to find!!!

I need a good Tatis Cards bat. You have a swell collection.

jetersbatboy
09-20-2008, 09:16 PM
MY KID ARE MY MOST PRIZED, WITH OUT A QUESTION! But everyone has a second. Its not game used but it is used:D

joelsabi
09-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Hi joelsabi

thanks for the explanation. i have seen alex rodriguez with #3 #10 #13 and #21. His preference is #3 but i guess you take want is available.

scottanservitz
09-20-2008, 10:05 PM
JCC1968,
Great Len Barker ball! I remember exactly where I was when he threw it as I was listening to it on the radio with my mom and my brother while driving the shoreway leaving Cleveland from visiting my grandmother. I was 12 years old and it was one of those things that I will remember forever. Remember, us Cleveland fans haven't had too much to remember sportswise these last few decades!! Very cool and thanks for sharing.

Scott

JCC1968
09-20-2008, 11:52 PM
Scott

Thanks, i will send more pics if you want. The ball was signed by all the umps who were there that day. It was made out to John there clubhouse attendant. He collected alot of stuff the umps gave him. He especially like historical baseballs. After i confirm the baseball as from that game by the umps. i later tracked Len Barker down to sign it. He was suprised and looked at the ball and said yea this looks good! i will definetly sign it.

and he did and dated it

JCC1968
09-21-2008, 12:04 AM
Scott

this is funny -when this game was on i was 13 will almost my birthday is on 5/17. I also was in a car going to visit my grandmother in Tiffin, Ohio. We had the game on as well. It's a small world. We lived in Dayton, Ohio at the time

Jason

Jason