PDA

View Full Version : Mlb hologram on Shea seats already!

metsbats
09-25-2008, 06:01 PM
I am current sitting in the loge section at Shea and just observed that all the seats already have the mlb numbered hologram attached to the number plate!

David

markfd
09-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Awesome, that you are posting to the forum from Shea!

metsbats
09-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Awesome, that you are posting to the forum from Shea!

Yes I need to get a life!

trsent
09-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Yes I need to get a life!

And through 2 innings the Mets need to get some runs!

metsbats
09-25-2008, 08:16 PM
A fan just passed by holding the funniest sign

DEAR CONGRESS
PLEASE BAIL OUT THE METS!

TFig27
09-25-2008, 08:50 PM
I am current sitting in the loge section at Shea and just observed that all the seats already have the mlb numbered hologram attached to the number plate!

David

Boo, why on the number plate.

metsbats
09-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Here's a photo of one of the Loge seats. Can't believe these holograms are on the seats already. I thought I was dreaming.

David

jppopma
09-26-2008, 03:34 AM
That's pretty risk to have the stickers on already. If I were at the game with my two year old, he would have about 20 of the stickers peeled off and stuck all over anything else in about three innings.

Metbats, grab a sticker. Put it on an old toilet, and see how much you can sell it for on Ebay and MLB authenticated. :D

For the money they are selling them for, I'd be pissed if mine didn't come with the hologram for whatever reason.

metsbats
09-26-2008, 05:30 AM
I agree that it's risky. I don't think the average fan (non collector) noticed the sticker on the plates. Another thing is I had seats which were under the mezzanine section and it was raining last night so the under the covering seats were not exposed to the rain. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to check out the seats that were exposed to the elements to see if they had stickers. Anyone at the game who had seats not under covering notice?

Perhaps the stickers are really resistant to the elements however they definitely are not to a bored toddler (and beer and mustard stains for that matter). But all that can happen to a sticker is that it can be destroyed as I don't think an unscrupulous fan can peel it off without damaging it (tamper proof so they say). My guess is it would be much easier to take a sticker off of a soft surface like a jersey than a hard surface like a plate.

David

indyred
09-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Not a smart move. I bet some of those #'s rub off and people won't even be able to check the serial #'s on MLB.com. They may just have to end up redoing the entire process. Is Meigray handling the selling of the seats. I wonder what Barry reaction is to this.

metsbats
09-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Not a smart move. I bet some of those #'s rub off and people won't even be able to check the serial #'s on MLB.com. They may just have to end up redoing the entire process. Is Meigray handling the selling of the seats. I wonder what Barry reaction is to this.

Meigray is not handling the sale. The Mets are doing this themselves.

metsbats
09-26-2008, 03:36 PM
I called the number for info regarding Shea seat sales and the person I spoke to had no clue the holograms were put on. Perhaps MLB (after all it's their holograms) made the decision and put the holograms on the seats.

When asked what happens if the holograms are defaced removed or damaged after the last game the gentlemen told me I guess the hologram will have to be replaced.

David

metsbats
09-26-2008, 04:20 PM
I just got off the phone with MLB and they informed me that all the seats in Shea have received the hologram. This is because there is only a 15 day window to get all the seats and other pieces out and into the hands of those of us who purchased them. The more work that can be done up front (especially holograming 55,000 seats) saves a lot of time up front. Makes perfect sense.

As far as what happens should the hologram get damaged or compromised MLB will replace any holograms which have any problems prior to getting to the buyer.

I was told MLB did the same thing for Busch Stadium in St. Louis and the holograms were actually on the seats for a longer period of time than they would be at Shea.

-David

yanks12025
09-26-2008, 05:07 PM
That would be a boring job, just walking around and putting a sticker on each seat.

metsbats
09-27-2008, 01:35 PM
So iam currently sitting in the upper deck as Shea and it was raining before the game and is now.

These mlb holograms are uncompromised and still intact!

David