PDA

View Full Version : Kaz Matsui Jersey

EurekaDave
03-19-2006, 01:23 PM
In a weak moment (come on, we all have them) I purchased a Kaz Matsui game-used jersey from Steiner in '05. Sure, I paid way too much for it. But my question is, have I lost a lot of money given the apparent disintegration of his career.

DS

trsent
03-19-2006, 02:02 PM
I would guess that you are in trouble with the item. The Japanese market has been strong for Hiedo Nomo and Ichiro, but not much interest in the other players I have found.

suave1477
03-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Well me being from brooklyn New York i have a good understanding of the market for Mets and Yankees items and to add to it have plenty of huge Mets fans and Yankees fans as friends. I am also a season ticket holder to the brooklyn cyclones ( Mets minor league team )

With all that being said here is my understanding of Kaz Matsui the Mets fans loathe him. Kaz is also struggling this year to play. Kaz didnt have many fans last year either i am surprised you picked up that item. The reason why i am keep referring to Mets fans is bcuz the only people who are going to have any real interest in him would be Mets fans and the asian Market.

Just to give you an example Kaz rehabbed with the cyclones last year they brought in for that week a bunch of his retail jerseys from the mets store figurung that people would be interested in buying them since he was there, Not one of them sold and they normally go for about $125 they discounted them to $50 to get rid of them. They even were selling his game used jersey with the cyclones and nobody wanted it they had to discount that really low too.

My personal opinion if you can find a seller for it sell it. If not then just keep it and have game used jersey for your collection.

I am a bit surprised you got a Mets game used item from Steiner.

suave1477
03-19-2006, 08:44 PM
One thing I would add to what Trsent there is an asian market for Hideki Matsui as well as a Yankee fan base.

Especially for his Game Used bats there near impossible to find.

trsent
03-20-2006, 12:27 AM
Wow, I had a Hideki Matsui bat last year and the market sucked for it based on what we were selling his team issued jerseys at. In other news, the market for Kaz Matsui is not based on what Mets fans think of him.

The Japanese market sets the price for player values of native Japanese players, and even they are not excited by his game used memorabilia.

suave1477
03-20-2006, 04:17 AM
Trsent i didnt say it was only the Mets fans who set the Market I said at the end its the mets fans and the asian fans who set th market, but i 100% disagree with you if you think it is just the japanese who sets the market. Your saying a japanese market is gonna be stronger in collecting a japanese player over team fans of a team thats native to them?

suave1477
03-20-2006, 04:21 AM
Trsent also if i were you and you get your hands on anymore Hideki Matsui bats hold on to them

trsent
03-20-2006, 04:49 AM
Trsent i didnt say it was only the Mets fans who set the Market I said at the end its the mets fans and the asian fans who set th market, but i 100% disagree with you if you think it is just the japanese who sets the market. Your saying a japanese market is gonna be stronger in collecting a japanese player over team fans of a team thats native to them?

Yes, that is what I am saying. Do you think Nomo jerseys all sell for over $2000.00 each because he was a Dodger? No way, it is the Japanese market that keep his memorabilia selling for such high prices.

A player with Kaz Matsui's numbers from the Mets would generally sell for $200.00 - $300.00 on the marketplace. Because of the strong Japanese market, he may fetch $400.00 - $500.00, which is a bonus.

By the way, Jason, just so you know, the little button on the upper right that says "ABC" with a check-mark is a spell checker so you can be sure to spell "japanese" right in the future. Oh wait, you spelled it right but you should capitalize words such as Japanese and Asian. Oh yeah, and the word "didnt" has a " ' "between the "n" and the "t".

suave1477
03-20-2006, 05:01 AM
Trsent man normally im just lazy with my grammer but its almost 5am and grammer is not my priorty

trsent
03-20-2006, 06:51 AM
I generally sleep days, so I can be anal 24-7.

Why should I hold onto any Hideki Matsui bats should they be held onto?

suave1477
03-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Well here is my reason why i am saying you should hold onto a Hideki Matsui game used bat.

Like I said there is not a lot on the market and/or available to the market.

The reason is Hideki has a personal contract with his bat company that he pays for completely himself. Which give hims the right as he pleases to do what he wants with his bats. So understand with that being said Steiner doesnt get his bats at all, you can check there website they dont have any Hideki Matsui bats. If Steiner has any it is due to they will actually buy a couple from Hideki just so then can have some.
Rumor from a reliable source has told me Hideki actually takes every bat of his home and usually gives them out to his translator, chaffeur, family and friends, but a good amount goes to his chaffeur and the chaffeur has been known to sell them out on to the secondary market.

trsent
03-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Jason, you just backed me up. Just the other day I was telling my friend that some of your posts are useful, and he was telling me none of them are. That last post was very useful and informative! :rolleyes:

suave1477
03-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Well i am sorry your friend feels that way, my knowdlege of certain things are from either personal expeirience or things i have learned from reputable sources.

I am human to make an error, but to say none of my information is usefull is a bit unfair cuz usually when i debate a topic or speak about something i am usually 99.9% sure of what it is.

Again I can make an error but i am sure your friend is perfect and if thats the case maybe he should be here debating with us?

trsent
03-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Jason, I just made that line up, I don't have any friends.

suave1477
03-22-2006, 04:15 PM
This is for Trsent and others interested in the Kaz Matsui topic, here is an interesting item just to give you an idea of demand between Kaz Matsui and Hideki Matsui,

Grey Flannel is selling an autographed baseball of Kaz for $45 They are selling ( funny enough right next to the kaz baseball ) a Hideki autographed baseball for $650