Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swoboda4
    • Nov 2005

MeiGray's new Shea 410 ft Wall

In David's thread on increased security at today's game at Shea he provided a photo illustrating his point. His photo also shows something else. It shows a brand new 410 ft outfield wall pad. The new pad is noticeably darker blue than the others that have been there all year bleached from the sun.
    So who has the real 410 ft outfield pad? I hope the new one which looks flimsy, isn't going to a paying customer from this forum. Probably paying $10-15,000 for a outfield wall that was used one day.
    They can't change it every three innings so it's a smart bet that it has been,and will continue to change,every single game from here on out. Increasing in price to hopefully a game 5 of the world series.
    There could be roughly twelve(12)- 410 ft wall pads floating around soon. I did hope MeiGray wouldn't become a bigger version of Steiner but I guess the demand from Shea executives to players,to paying customers forced the issue.
    Now,would you want the 410 wall that was there all year or the last one in hopefully game 5 of the World Series?

• metsbats
    • Nov 2005

Re: MeiGray's new Shea 410 ft Wall

Robert,

Here's a photo from a game i attended on Aug 10.

The 410 panel blends in with the others therefore the panel in today's photo which seems to not blend would have to have been placed there afterwards or recently.

I also attached a photo from 2007 of the 410 panel.

Does my eyes decieve me or does the 2007 panel look different than the 2008 Aug version? The 410 seems lower in the 2007 photo.

David
    Attached Files
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• metsbats
      • Nov 2005

Outfield Wall Panel 338 with Foul LineFieldFieldOutfield Wall Panel Outfield Wall Panel 371FieldFieldOutfield Wall Panel Outfield Wall Panel 371 (Two Panels)FieldFieldOutfield Wall Panel

Oddly enough, the 410 panel does not even appear in the inventory list.

The 338, 371 panels do.

So where have all the 410 panels gone?

David

David
      metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• metsbats
        • Nov 2005

Robert,

Here's a photo from the 9/25 Thurs game I attended.

Check out the 410 panel. It blends in perfectly.

What do you think?

David
        Attached Files
        metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• metsbats
          • Nov 2005

These AIG panels look new too. The panels which Endy made the leaping catch in 2006 are gone too. I think the reason had more to do with political correctness as we all know that AIG does not have "the strength to be there" anymore.

-David
          Attached Files
          metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• HENMICK44
            • Mar 2008

So glad their tearing that place down,its no yankee stadium.Hey swoboda if the mets are at game five of the world series they must be selling hot dogs at fenway.

Comment

• metsbats
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by HENMICK44
              So glad their tearing that place down,its no yankee stadium.Hey swoboda if the mets are at game five of the world series they must be selling hot dogs at fenway.
              yeah, Right next to Girardi's Gelato stand, Rivera's Ribeyes grill, and Jeter's Orange Julius stand
              metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• metsbats
                • Nov 2005

Robert,

I sent an email to MeiGray asking them to comment on the appearance of the new 410 panel.

-David
                metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• Swoboda4
                  • Nov 2005

I see what you mean but if I had to guess I would say the '07 is the same as August. The "old" 410 rose higher off the ground than the small width pad to its right. Now in your photo from today the new 410 is noticeably longer practically touching the warning track. We can say now with certainty that its new. It's advertised on TV as if its available but yes,it has obviously been spoken for. I have a guess who has it. And I say 'has" now because it's already gone!
                  The 9/25 game had the old 410 wall still. There was only one used untill recently.
                  Any new 410 wall pad is "Steinered" in my opinion. But you have to admit these are the same types that change the bases every 3 seconds you think they are going to pass up on a $100 investment(wholesale cost of the wall pad)that can realize a $14,900 profit? I don't think so.
                  Come to think of it now,if they don't change the wall every game ,here on out that would be a bad business decision. Actually I would have every "number" pad changed and hologramed every game from now on and even if it doesn't sell right away,it will eventually. If they dont they're making a big mistake and should be fired with us replacing them. What do you think of them apples.
                  And we've heard nothing on who's possibly selling the turf. Have they forgotten the most wanted item next to the seats? Which can be cut into any size and price range. Fire them all I say.

Comment

• metsbats
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Swoboda4
                    I see what you mean but if I had to guess I would say the '07 is the same as August. The "old" 410 rose higher off the ground than the small width pad to its right. Now in your photo from today the new 410 is noticeably longer practically touching the warning track. We can say now with certainty that its new. It's advertised on TV as if its available but yes,it has obviously been spoken for. I have a guess who has it. And I say 'has" now because it's already gone!
                    The 9/25 game had the old 410 wall still. There was only one used untill recently.
                    Any new 410 wall pad is "Steinered" in my opinion. But you have to admit these are the same types that change the bases every 3 seconds you think they are going to pass up on a $100 investment(wholesale cost of the wall pad)that can realize a $14,900 profit? I don't think so.
                    Come to think of it now,if they don't change the wall every game ,here on out that would be a bad business decision. Actually I would have every "number" pad changed and hologramed every game from now on and even if it doesn't sell right away,it will eventually. If they dont they're making a big mistake and should be fired with us replacing them. What do you think of them apples.
                    And we've heard nothing on who's possibly selling the turf. Have they forgotten the most wanted item next to the seats? Which can be cut into any size and price range. Fire them all I say.

Given that the 410 panel was not on the public listing the panel was already sold. I totally agree with you on that one.

But why take it out 3 days before the final weekend series? Does the buyer know the 410 panel is not the one from the final games that he or she has?

I guess they can market the new panel as the last panel at Shea used for the last game.

Bases I can understand changing but large items like panels is overkill but profitable.

David
                    metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• Swoboda4
                      • Nov 2005

Well in reference to asking MeiGray,it would be an issue if it was originally for sale but it's not. Still interested in their response though.
                      Again,they'd be making a financial blunder by not changing the numbered outfield pads from here on out. At least make a NLCS set a World Series Set,last home series set.
                      Let me undo the jinx I just did my mentioning the NLCS,and W.S......there,done.

Comment

• dcrules01
                        • Nov 2005

I would like a base but they are a $1000 on mlb
                        Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Comment

• metsbats
                          • Nov 2005

Are the Mets going to change the bases every three innnings or doing the same as the Yankees every half inning?
                          metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• dcrules01
                            • Nov 2005

If they are changing wall panels it would nor surprise me one bit.I would like to know how many bases were collected throughout the season.If they did not change bases and do change them during the todays game that would give them 486 all together.Seems like a small number for the last season of Shea.A $1000 a clip the Mets have auctioned off some $486,000 seems like a nice profit.But I am sure the last game bases would be worth more.But say you change bases every inning that is 27.How did the Yankees use 53 that last game??
                            Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Comment

• Swoboda4
                              • Nov 2005

Meigray is better than Steiner (didn't you get that feeling when you first became aware of them,handling the Texas Rangers jerseys?)so they're not going to make a financial blunder like not also changing the bases ,every half inning in what could be the last game at Shea.

By the by,would you purchase a seat if it was only in Shea for one game?

Comment

Working...