• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingjammy24
    • Nov 2005

GFC errs on another MeiGray Rangers jersey

The jersey:

"2003 Rafael Palmeiro Texas Rangers Game-used Alternate Jersey"

In light of the recent incident where GFC issued an LOA stating "game used" on an Alex Rodriguez jersey that showed up on Ebay ( http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=1877 )that was proven by MeiGray/Barry Meisel to actually be game-issued, I was curious about this 2003 Palmeiro on GFC's site. I emailed MeiGray/Barry to ask him to check the inventory number on the GFC "game used" Palmeiro. Surprise, surprise, it too was originally sold as game issued.

So somewhere in between MeiGray selling the Palmeiro as "game issued" and Grey Flannel acquiring it and advertising it as "game used", this jersey apparently was used in a game by Palmeiro.

As well, it appears the same buyer bought both the Ebay jersey and the Palmeiro that GFC is now selling. I've contacted GFC about the issue(s).
    I'm wondering how many game-issued Rangers jerseys GFC has sold as game-used?

Rudy.
  • PK
    • Feb 2006

Re: GFC errs on another MeiGray Rangers jersey

Rudy, nice catch!!!

Barry cannot be too pleased with the folks at GFC

Comment

• suave1477
      Banned
      • Jan 2006

Boy you guys dont use your noggins!!!!!

Arod and Palmeiro both bought back there jerseys from Meigray bcuz they ran out of jerseys in a game and then after they were done sold them to GreyFlannel.

lol lol lol

Comment

• hblakewolf
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

Rudy-
        This is simply appalling!

How can a jersey that was originally sold as non-game worn now appear on Grey Flannels own web site, show wear and have a Grey Flannel letter indicating it is a gamer? The MeiGray identification tag allows anyone to check on the history of these jerseys. For the life of me I don't understand how, in less than a week, two unworn Rangers jerseys suddenly show up with Grey Flannel LOA's, show wear and have new LOA's, especially when ANYONE can call MeiGray and research the history!

Hats off the Barry Meisel for such a great system, and allowing collectors to track both game worn and non-game worn jerseys.

Rudy, please post any additional information you obtain from either Barry Meisel or Grey Flannel on this.

Howard Wolf
        hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Comment

• R. C. Walker
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by kingjammy24
          The jersey:

I'm wondering how many game-issued Rangers jerseys GFC has sold as game-used?

Rudy.
          Not only GFC, but others as well. Next in line are the Steiner Yankees "Game Issued".

Buyer Beware!
          R. C. Walker
          sigpic

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Comment

• trsent
            Banned
            • Nov 2005

Do you folks really think Grey Flannel has made these items game used or do you think they were set up somewhere along the line?

Think before you answer...

Comment

• BULBUS
              • Nov 2005

trsent, i dont think anyone is implying that grey flannel is making these game issued jerseys into game used. they just arent doing their homework when writing letters. a simple phone call to barry would let them know exactly what they have, a game ISSUED jersey. and if they do know what they have, shame on them.

regarding the steiner game issued jerseys, i heard that they are putting invisible synthetic dna (like psa does) on the jerseys to mark game used and game issued. anyone, is this true?
              Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
              sigpic
              donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• psmachetti
                • Nov 2005

What more proof does anybody need to realize these clowns are just a bunch of freakin' crooks! That's what most of these auction houses basically are. They're no better than some scumbag collector trying to sell fake game worns . They ought to be charged w/ fraud. This crap just pisses me off to no end.
                Paul

Comment

• suave1477
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2006

b

Comment

• suave1477
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2006

bulbus i heard that also i dont know for sure but i can definitely check. But there items do have tamper proof holograms on the jersey and on there LOA so that would also help identify the history of the jersey as the document everything about the jersey or other game used item.

Comment

• suave1477
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2006

psmashetti thats is tottaly wrong of you, they are far from crooks. They are just not doing their hoemwork on where the items actually came from but that doesnt make them a crook.

Comment

• BULBUS
                        • Nov 2005

suave, did you ever try to take one of those yankees steiner holograms off a jersey? they sometimes come off easy and you can stick it on something else. they dont stick to fabrics so great. i recently bought a jersey from them and the hologram was on the yankees ny. i didnt like it there so i saw that it was coming off easy and i moved it to the tag on the front. it looks much better now.
                        Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
                        sigpic
                        donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• suave1477
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2006

bulbus actually no i never tried actually pulling one off, but thanks for the heads up. if you dont mind me asking which yankees jersey did you pick up

Comment

• otismalibu
                            • Nov 2005

To many collectors, the LOA, COA, etc. is what "makes" a jersey game worn or an autograph authentic. Not saying it's the brightest approach, but many people put all their faith in the letter that accompanies the piece.

Greg
                            Greg
                            DrJStuff.com

Comment

• BarryMeisel
                              • Jan 1970

Joel,

Since you do not know who originally purchased these jerseys from MeiGray, may I respectfully suggest you refrain from making comments that I can quite confidently state you would regret if you had that information.

MeiGray does have the records of who originally purchased these jerseys. While we will not share that information publicly, I can share with you, Joel, the belief that your post would read differently if you were privy to that information.

Rest assured, that the original purchaser of these jerseys will not be offered any game-issued jerseys again by MeiGray.

Respectfully,

Barry

Comment

Working...