Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AWA85
    • Jan 2008

Any tips for the Southside?

Heading to Chicago tomorrow for the big White Sox game and to see Griffey. Not a Sox fan at all, but could not pass up going with a buddy who is die hard fan. Any tips for parking or the area on the Southside? I have heard it has some rough spots.

Fill me in with any info.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.
  • thomecollector
    • May 2006

Re: Any tips for the Southside?

No real tips . Other that try to blend in. I'm so jealous. I live in VA. So, it won't be possible for me to go. If you see Big Jim, tell him Roger said "Hey". If he homers, I will buy the ticket if it is in good condition..Anyway, Go SOX!
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Comment

• chicagoglen
      • Aug 2006

I will be there as well. Getting in to tailgate at 11:00 AM. Where you sitting?

Comment

• skyking26
        • Dec 2005

I just heard we are throwing Freddie Garcia for the Tigers...Put a "W" in the column now... No problem for the Sox.
        ROBERT KOPPEL
        Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
        and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• AWA85
          • Jan 2008

I believe section 546, just ordered best available tickets online tonight and ended up having a great view from up above . A last minute trip, so we may just be winging it. Buddy claims to know his way around a little bit.

Comment

• skyking26
            • Dec 2005

You'll be leaving the park at rush hour. Good luck with that, as I have went thru there many atime on my Chicago visits and you'll be stuck forever.
            ROBERT KOPPEL
            Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
            and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• chicagoglen
              • Aug 2006

You don't have to get stuck in traffic. Just leave the car, walk over to Jimbo's, and enjoy a couple of cold cans a beer. Traffic should be cleared up when you get back to your car.

Comment

• earlywynnfan
                • Oct 2005

I sat in the upper deck of that stadium once. I don't think I've ever been higher in my life without an airplane around me. It took a week for the vertigo to go away.

Ken

Comment

• trsent
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by earlywynnfan
                  I sat in the upper deck of that stadium once. I don't think I've ever been higher in my life without an airplane around me. It took a week for the vertigo to go away.

Ken
                  Ken, I sat there once for a playoff game also. It is the worst Upper Deck I have ever, ever seen.

I played poker at Horseshoe, Hammond last night until 4AM and was thinking of getting a hotel room and going to the game. Then I made the correct decision to not sit in the rain and go home to watch the rain delay on WGN.

Comment

• AWA85
                    • Jan 2008

Made it there and out safe, thanks for the tips and emails.

I was the very last row up in the upper deck on the 3rd base side but it did keep me dry during the 3 hour rain delay. Not the best weather but it was a fun game to see, even though I was hoping to see Griffey to something huge. Alexi's shot was not bad.... felt like a traitor cheering for the Sox but guess I can just sit back and hope Griffey gets a ring.

Comment

Working...