Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G1X
    • Nov 2005

Need Help With Orioles Jersey

I picked up a Baltimore Orioles "Turn Back the Clock" jersey a few years ago (see photos) that supposedly came from a collection of Lonnie Smith items. According to the Baseball Almanac, Smith wore #39 in his final stint with Baltimore in 1994, so I am assuming that the jersey was worn that season.

I am hoping that someone can verify that the O's wore this TBTC style in 1994 and identify the game date that it was worn. Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net
    Attached Files
  • ironmanfan
    • Sep 2005

Re: Need Help With Orioles Jersey

I can research the exact date, but I believe they played the Brewers in a TBTC game that season.

Comment

• Rob L
      • Nov 2005

According to Bill Henderson's guide "MLB Game Worn Jerseys of the Double Knit Era (1970-2007), that is the jersey they wore in the 1994 TBTC game (no date included). It shows a Mitchell and Ness jersey with the Cooperstown tag.
      Rob L
      loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• ironmanfan
        • Sep 2005

As promised, I did a little research this evening and discovered that the jersey is from a 08/04/94 TBTC Game in Milwaukee between the Orioles & Brew Crew (style of the day was 1970).

Enjoy!

Bill
        whhp72@yahoo.com

Comment

• G1X
          • Nov 2005

Bill and Rob,

Thank you so much for the information!

I checked the box scores from that week and found that Lonnie Smith did not get into the TBTC game on August 4. He was at the end of his career and evidently not seeing much playing time as he played on July 29 and then did not see action again until August 6.

Thanks again for solving this mystery for me. I've had this jersey for a number of years and it has always been a favorite, but I was never quite sure when it was used as the Seller was unable to pinpoint any details.

Mark Hayne
          Gridiron Exchange
          gixc@verizon.net

Comment

• Number9
            • Mar 2006

No help unfortunately, just saying hello Mark.

Mike

Comment

• Rob L
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by G1X
              Bill and Rob,

Thank you so much for the information!

I checked the box scores from that week and found that Lonnie Smith did not get into the TBTC game on August 4. He was at the end of his career and evidently not seeing much playing time as he played on July 29 and then did not see action again until August 6.

Thanks again for solving this mystery for me. I've had this jersey for a number of years and it has always been a favorite, but I was never quite sure when it was used as the Seller was unable to pinpoint any details.

Mark Hayne
              Gridiron Exchange
              gixc@verizon.net

No problem Mark. Btw, very cool jersey.
              Rob L
              loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

Working...