PDA

View Full Version : Where's all the broken bats at?

kylehess10
09-29-2008, 06:25 PM
What happened to all the broken bats that MLB collected for research from the 2nd half of the season? I'd assume they were all MLB Authenticated, since I heard they had to watch game footage of the bats breaking, and the hologram would've been how they knew which game they come from while they were doing their research. Would MLB auctions have these someday? Have any sold yet?

ifirocked
09-29-2008, 07:01 PM
i talked with the Mets and Tyrel said he was going to try to get their bats back.

Vintagedeputy
09-29-2008, 09:14 PM
I heard something on XM the other day that MLB still had 1600 bats.

MY questions are....

are they hacking these bats to pieces in their experiment?

are they banging bats against bats in shipping that alters that bat that left the players hand?

will all these bats be returned to the teams for disposal?

joecoco
09-30-2008, 06:47 AM
Oh man, that sort of makes me sick to think of them destroying the bats in the name of science. Even so, I guess it is for a good cause as safety is paramount. But it still is unsettling! The card compainies should have a field day now:) - Joe

BMH
09-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Does this mean I should not post pictures of what we do with most returned bat? If you look carefully enough I'm sure you can glue all the pieces back together you get out of our dumpster.;)

I am confident the bats are being tested and examined. In fact most will probably have a red dye in the grain of the bat for certain tests. Last time I saw the bats they were all stacked in this poor guys office.

joecoco
10-01-2008, 12:06 PM
BMH- Where are these dumpsters at and do you have a flashlight I can borrow? - Joe