PDA

View Full Version : california angels helmet

momen55
10-01-2008, 02:59 PM
anyone here know how they labeled the helmets; either with dymo tape on front with player name or uniform number on back? i recently bought one and i date it to the 89-91 period and has the #30 on back.

devon white wore #30, 89-90. he wore a lefty helmet when batting. maybe used a flapless for bp?
ruben amaro jr #30, 91. again, maybe worn by him for bp? perhaps worn in minor league play?

there is an older one on ebay worn by reggie jackson that has the tape on front.

let me know what you guys think.

skipcarayislegend
10-01-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm not an Angels expert by any stretch, but I've never seen numbers like those on their helmets. My guess would be that they were not applied by the team. The Angels were pretty consistent in their use of dymo taped names on the brims of helmets as well. Far as I could tell from a very brief photo search, the 90/91 time frame would be included.

I have George Hendrick's flapless Angels helmet which dates from 85-88. I don't have access to pics at the moment but the rear numerals are affixed via large individual square stickers. Hendrick's last name is on the brim in red (i think) dymo tape.

Either way, not a bad pick up for $10, Ivan.