PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Guu Member Uwmrules09

SkubeBats
10-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Hello,
I bought a Tony Gwynn Jr. game used hat from him. I paid him back on 9/16/08 through PayPal and I still haven't received the hat. I email him and no email back. I also ran into him about a week 1/2 ago and he told me he sent the hat but still no hat today. I've know him for a couple years now and we had made other deals before this one. What can I do about this? I hope he clears this up fast. Has anyone else had any problems with him??
Thanks,
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

Jags Fan Dan
10-03-2008, 08:04 AM
File a paypal dispute. It's easy to do. I just had to do it for the first time. It is a lengthy time period they allow for a response from the other party, but it doesn't require much time or effort on your part.

Ozric
10-03-2008, 08:28 AM
I believe that Paypal will freeze their account if you file a dispute with them. I just did this on an Ebay item that I did not receive and it forced the seller into a resolution as they could not use their paypal account until the dispute was closed. They did not return any of my e-mails until they realized that they could no longer use their paypal account. I heard from the a number of times after that...

ndevlin
10-03-2008, 09:02 AM
I had to do this on a item just a few weeks ago that was taking way too long. And the seller got really mad saying that paypal took the money out of his account until the issue was resolved. Lets just say he sent the item very quick!

Neely8
10-03-2008, 09:15 AM
This guy is a nightmare to deal with as a buyer too since all he does is string you along for awhile and then not complete the purchase.

halofan
10-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Sorry to hear about that Jamie :(

geoff
10-03-2008, 02:01 PM
I have a Paypal Claim in right now and I am waiting for a reply.Its been close to 2 Weeks now.I don't understand why People Bid on items and Don't Pay for them.My Auction was a Buy it Now or Best Offer.I accepted his Offer and he never Paid me.I dealt with him once and he never left me Positive Feedback after I left him Feedback.I even emailed him to leave me Positive Feedback and he never did.

markize
10-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Hello,
I bought a Tony Gwynn Jr. game used hat from him. I paid him back on 9/16/08 through PayPal and I still haven't received the hat. I email him and no email back. I also ran into him about a week 1/2 ago and he told me he sent the hat but still no hat today. I've know him for a couple years now and we had made other deals before this one. What can I do about this? I hope he clears this up fast. Has anyone else had any problems with him??
Thanks,
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

jamie,

in agreement with the other posts, paypal will work it out for you. if it was through ebay, you should get your item, or money back fairly quickly. if not through ebay, you will be taken care of, you will just have to jump through a few extra hoops. i hope it works out for you.

also, not getting too far off topic but.....ebay is getting to be a mess. to them it's ok for buyers to know everything about the sellers (which is fine), but sellers can't even leave negative feedback when a buyer doesn't complete a transaction. if a buyer doesn't pay or respond to a dispute, and you can't warn other sellers through negative feedback, they will do it again. i have left a few feedbacks with the green positive indicator, but had to put NEGATIVE and why to help warn other sellers. for me lately, the number of non payment auctions i have is WAY up. ok, enough of that.

mark

Danny899
10-03-2008, 03:04 PM
That is a lousy thing and rotten feeling when this happens to any of us. Even worse, apparently it's a member of this forum? Pretty weak. For what it's worth, once a paypal complaint is filed, the absent party has a habit of magically appearing shortly thereafter. And I'm sure the last thing you wanted to do was in fact start a Paypal dispute. You keep figuring, "I'll give him one more day." Don't worry, it will eventually work itself out.
On the topic of Ebay, I think it's only a matter of time before they institute some type of 10 minute rule that keeps auctions going at the end. It's used in the big Auction houses. This would effectively eliminate the last second bidders. If there is a way fo Ebay to make more money, I'm sure they'll pursue it. Wait and see.

SkubeBats
10-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks for all the post on this subject and for the many emails I have received about JT. I'm going to give it a few more days before I turn this over to PayPal. I hope he will do the right thing and mail me my hat.
Thanks,:)
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

stlbats
10-03-2008, 10:51 PM
If the transaction did not take place through ebay, Paypal will not be much help to you. You can file the dispute and they will give the other party 14 days to reply and come up with proof of shipment and probably end up ruling in your favor. BUT, if the other party does not have the funds in their paypal account, paypal will not be able to recover your money.

I found this out the hard way.

Thanks
Jason
stlbats@bellsouth.net

mvandor
10-04-2008, 09:46 AM
If the transaction did not take place through ebay, Paypal will not be much help to you. You can file the dispute and they will give the other party 14 days to reply and come up with proof of shipment and probably end up ruling in your favor. BUT, if the other party does not have the funds in their paypal account, paypal will not be able to recover your money.

I found this out the hard way.

Thanks
Jason
stlbats@bellsouth.net

True, thus why I always use AMEX on Paypal. Only way to protect yourself.

dcrules01
10-04-2008, 09:58 AM
I had a problem with a buyer on ebay.They said they did not receive the item they won and filed a complaint through PayPal. I was not online for a few days so I was not aware of this.I had no money in my paypal account at the time but they refunded the buyer and I ended up with a negative balance.I provided proof of shipping was refunded the money and by coincidence the buyer got the item.

SkubeBats
10-09-2008, 01:33 PM
I would like to tell all of you the hat arrived today. It only took him 23 days to send it to me. I'm just happy that I got the hat after all of this. He told me he would give me my money back for the problem he caused and promised to send me a payment for my $40.00 through PayPal this weekend. Will have to see if he does what he says this time.
Thanks,
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

allstarsplus
10-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Hello,
Thanks,
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

I would like to tell all of you the hat arrived today. It only took him 23 days to send it to me. I'm just happy that I got the hat after all of this. He told me he would give me my money back for the problem he caused and promised to send me a payment for my $40.00 through PayPal this weekend. Will have to see if he does what he says this time.
Thanks,
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

I saw your Post on the "For Sale" section that you are doing biz with Uwmrules09 again.

I wanted to thank you for selling me the Escobar bat can't wait until I receive it.
Thanks,
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=19863

For you to have gone to all the trouble to Post about your problems with this seller than Post this last thread about finally receiving the cap after 23 days with no explanation of "what happened" and then the open ended

Will have to see if he does what he says this time.

I have read what others said and what Neely8 said also gives insight to the way he treats other people too:

This guy is a nightmare to deal with as a buyer too since all he does is string you along for awhile and then not complete the purchase.

Jamie, it is your choice what you choose to do, but to me 23 days is BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE and I wouldn't deal with a person like that again, but that is just me.

SkubeBats
10-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Andrew,
Yes, I did have problems with uwmrules09 but all this has been cleared up and I have moved on. I believe there wont be any problems this time.
Thanks,
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

SkubeBats
10-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Hello,
I bought a Alicides Escobar bat from him the other day. I just wanted to tell you it arrived today with out any problems.
Thanks,
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

nomah!5
10-27-2008, 05:32 PM
I wouldn't listen to Neely8 (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/member.php?u=1070). He's nothing but trouble. He'll harass you until you go nuts over jerseys. He doesn't care if you have a death in the family he wants his jersey deal done no matter what. MR. DEAD INSIDE! Great example of the type of greedy collector that gives this hobby a bad name. Beware don't deal with him.

hblakewolf
10-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Andrew,
Yes, I did have problems with uwmrules09 but all this has been cleared up and I have moved on. I believe there wont be any problems this time.
Thanks,
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

Does anyone have a street address/phone number for uwmrules09? He noted that the item I purchased almost two weeks ago would "immediately ship" however, no sign of it as of today. Unless it arrives by tomorrow, I plan to turn this over to the authorities and open a fraud case.

Any assitance is appreicated.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

b.heagy
10-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Does anyone have a street address/phone number for uwmrules09? He noted that the item I purchased almost two weeks ago would "immediately ship" however, no sign of it as of today. Unless it arrives by tomorrow, I plan to turn this over to the authorities and open a fraud case.

Any assitance is appreicated.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

James R Toler is his name. I would be patient but persistant. I, as well as others have had similar issues with this member - all recieved items in the end.

hblakewolf
10-27-2008, 06:09 PM
James R Toler is his name. I would be patient but persistant. I, as well as others have had similar issues with this member - all recieved items in the end.

Bill-

I made a claim with PayPal, so I'm not too concerned.

Regardless, I plan to turn this over to the authorities. Do you have his address and phone number?

Thanks.
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

b.heagy
10-27-2008, 06:13 PM
Howard,

I will email you with any info I may have. I think I still have the shipping box from my package in storage, may take a day or two to find it.

GO PHILLIES !

short84
01-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Now known as member favrenvikes09. He listed some items for sale last month and I purchased the Chester Taylor jersey. He said it was picked up by FedEx today but did not give me a tracking number even though I have asked for shipping information and a tracking number three times. I googled his name and found this post. I like to give people a chance so hopefully, I will receive my jersey. Based on what was posted here, I did contact paypal. My payment went to James R. Toler at raytownkid09@yahoo.com (raytownkid09@yahoo.comaytownkid09@yahoo.com). I will keep everyone updated. Susanne

kings418
01-06-2011, 01:55 PM
I bought from this member on 12-27 and just got an email that it was shipped today. He did provide a tracking number, so maybe he did ship your item today too. I will post when my package arrives.

Vince

Mulligans
01-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Maybe the Uni bomber only makes his way out of the Cabin once every Month or so to do his shipments?;)

Good luck with this one!

short84
01-08-2011, 02:21 PM
I received my package today. I have always taken responsibility for what I say and do, and I am happy to report the jersey I received exceeded my expectations. The pictures provided by the seller did not do it justice. In my opinion, better communication from the seller would probably have prevented my uneasy feelings about this transaction and I would like to apologize for any embarrassment I may have caused the seller. I have never had a seller request I send a paypal payment as a gift before. This along with a my messages going unanswered for a few days, left me feeling a little uneasy. When I googled the seller's name and found the postings from October 2008, I panicked. I know we have all done things in our past we are not proud of and history does not always repeat itself. I am very happy with the jersey I received and I hope my apology is accepted by the seller. Thank you! Susanne

sox83cubs84
01-08-2011, 07:49 PM
I have never had a seller request I send a paypal payment as a gift before.

Not that unusual...eBay sellers (OTR) and Forum members sometimes ask for this to avoid being hit with PayPal fees. Technically, they're gypping PayPal, but it's not rare to see that request.

Dave Miedema

frikativ54
01-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Not that unusual...eBay sellers (OTR) and Forum members sometimes ask for this to avoid being hit with PayPal fees. Technically, they're gypping PayPal, but it's not rare to see that request.

Dave Miedema

Besides doing sellers a favor, they are also losing out on PayPal buyer protection.

stretch
01-08-2011, 10:09 PM
I've asked for paypal gift before. It really depends on the item, but someone out of state purchased Atlanta Falcons season tickets from me at cost, so I asked for paypal gift, but he had to wait roughly 5 months before the Falcons mailed the tickets. I kept in touch with him every couple months to make him feel more comfortable. It's worked out great, he's made a profit off the tickets, and is currently making a nice profit off the current playoff tickets that I also allowed him to purchase for cost.

In normal cases if someone pays via a gift, I can put more towards protecting the item, and pay for additional shipping cost. I've always told someone that if you don't receive a tracking number from me within blank amount of time you know you've been ripped off. I'm always willing to provide any information it takes to make someone comfortable and that includes presenting my Ebay feedback to them. (700; all positive)

emann
01-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Besides doing sellers a favor, they are also losing out on PayPal buyer protection.

Just FYI: Paypal Buyer Protection doesn't cover private transactions off ebay for anything except non-shipment of an item though. If it arrives damaged or isn't what you purchased, they won't side with the buyer.

TNTtoys
01-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Just FYI: Paypal Buyer Protection doesn't cover private transactions off ebay for anything except non-shipment of an item though. If it arrives damaged or isn't what you purchased, they won't side with the buyer.

I don't think this is entirely true (unless I am blatantly being lied to by paypal). I am in a dispute with an online merchant, whereby I have a case opened. Paypal told me that they side with the buyer in these cases.

DonTheLegend
01-11-2011, 08:39 PM
i have had an experience with being hit with a PayPal dispute from a buyer from GUU. (might be a little lengthy, sorry)

i sold some items that were pretty heavily discounted and told the buyer that i was willing to pick up the shipping, but nothing else (delivery confirm, insurance, etc...) .

i shipped the items via USPS Priority and only had the receipt as proof of shipment. the buyer claimed he never received the items and filed a claim with PayPal.

the box was approx 12 x 12 x 6 and not distinguishable as to what the contents could have been. fair market for the items was in the $150-$200 range and i ultimately settled on a price of less than $100.

the buyer sent email after email claiming he never received the package and after numerous visits to the post office and calls to the post office in the buyers city, i was not able to verify that the package was delivered or not delivered.

the funny thing about this whole thing was that i had an uneasy feeling about the buyer during his initial inquiry but being in desperate need for money, i went against my better judgment. i honestly believe that he did in fact get the items he had paid for and tried to pull one over on me.

there were other items sold and shipped that week to GUU members and all found their way without any issues.

i contacted PayPal and pleaded my case, but they still sided with the buyer, even after sending copies of the emails and my postal receipt (showing his post office location and date shipped)

i havent used PayPal since and do not intend to in the future because of this.

camarokids
01-11-2011, 08:54 PM
For .65 cents extra I always add delivery confirmation.....

Sorry you got burned....

This really was not paypal's fault, they had no choice but to side with the buyer...........

otismalibu
01-11-2011, 09:03 PM

Yep. And insurance unless you can eat the loss if it gets lost. Until it's in the buyer's hands, it's still yours.

DonTheLegend
01-11-2011, 09:19 PM
definitely a lesson learned....

NEFAN
01-12-2011, 12:43 PM

Sorry you got burned....

This really was not paypal's fault, they had no choice but to side with the buyer...........

If you print the shipping label on USPS.com, you get delivery confirmation for free.

NEFAN
01-12-2011, 12:44 PM
If you print the shipping label on USPS.com, you get delivery confirmation for free.

That is through Paypal, not USPS.com, Sorry.

BULBUS
01-12-2011, 01:46 PM
That is through Paypal, not USPS.com, Sorry.

No, you were right, you get dc for free when you print a label through usps.com. you also get an online discount. i always print labels online, even when sending stuff to family.