PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Lose !!! Cubs Lose !!!

thomecollector
10-05-2008, 12:21 AM
I guess sometimes having the best record means nothing. I noticed that the Cubbies never really hit a tough patch. I guess they were about due. it's not how you start ,it's how you finish. If my Sox don't make something happen at home . They'll be right next to them on the couch. Go Sox !:eek:

skyking26
10-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Unfortunately, Sunday night you'll be reading a similar post about the Sux...

allstarsplus
10-05-2008, 07:14 AM
I picked the Cubs to face the Red Sox in the World Series so I am suprised. With the addition of Harden to their rotation, the Cubs had the pitching coupled with the solid lineup and fielders.

The lineup couldn't hit outside of Game 1 and key errors doomed them in Game 2 and again no key hits in Game 3.

Who would have thought the 1st team to be eliminated would have been the Cubs.

:eek:

chicagoglen
10-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Unfortunately, Sunday night you'll be reading a similar post about the Sux...

No way!

A Blackout will take the next two on the Southside and one more on the road. Our upset over the Rays will be more shocking than the FLUBs first round SWEEP for the 2nd year in a row!:eek:

Wishful thinking I know but hey it's Soxtober!

skyking26
10-05-2008, 07:57 AM
This is all amazing to me, but truely an October to be glued to the set as nothing is as expected. I'm as shocked as anyone about the Cubs collapse. The Sox are in a bad position, and how important was that Manny trade? I'm not a fan of the guy, but his baseball skills are truely over the top. Wow.

For those saddened by the Cubs collapse, chin up. Look at out Tigers. 2nd Highest payroll in baseball and last place in 08. Heads should roll. Any non sports organization that performed like that would suffer the consequences. I am embarrased to say I live in the Detroit area...

RK

thomecollector
10-05-2008, 08:04 AM
What a second. The good thing about the Sox is that noone expects them to win. So, when they do it will just as sweet. I still believe. Go Sox !:D

metsbats
10-05-2008, 08:30 AM
I was rooting for the Cubs to go all the way to beat either the Phils or the Brewers. Now that this is not possible I would love to see Torre and the Dodgers make it to the Series and beat whoever the wins the AL. With the Dodgers original ties to Brooklyn and the Mets tribute to Jackie Robinson in the new stadium I don't see pulling for any of the other teams.

Also after what happened to him in New York in 2007 I'm sure Joe would feel vindicated with a 2008 World Series Championships.

If it's any consolation to Cub fans, history has shown that in a short series it's not always the best team that wins.

David

lund6771
10-05-2008, 08:50 AM
No way!

A Blackout will take the next two on the Southside and one more on the road. Our upset over the Rays will be more shocking than the FLUBs first round SWEEP for the 2nd year in a row!:eek:

Wishful thinking I know but hey it's Soxtober!

give me some of whatever your smoking...no chance!!!!

seriously though, I hope the Rays sweep hem tonight since I'm a Twins fan and Pryzinski is such a prick

skyking26
10-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Joe Torre is a class act. Not a Dodger fan, not a Manny fan, but it would not kill me to see Joe sporting a ring in 08. Obviously I'm not a Yankee fan either...

skyking26
10-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Yea, the only thing I like about the Whitesox is career class act Jim Thome. You get outside of him and maybe Swisher and Alexi and I hate the team. The Rays are the feel good ballclub, a bunch of young talent with their head down playing baseball. Just wish they'd have followed thru and picked up Adam Dunn before the deadline as they had thought about...

RK

MUFINMONSTER
10-05-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm a cubs fan but now that i'm done vomiting in the toilet after their last 3 games of play and am utterly disgusted! I would like to see a Dodgers , Red Sox matchup in the Series, i'm not a Manny fan either but if he was able to bring a young talented team together that before him i don't even think was a playoff team, together and challenge his old team, that would be some drama. All these teams are looking for Manny to beat them and are so careful around him in the lineup and then they get beat up by the rest of the team, then they focus on the rest of the team and Manny comes back and pounds you. On a Cubs note, i'm more disgusted not that we lost but that we had this good of a team and could still not get it done! Who else could we even add for next year Brian Roberts (maybe help) Texeria (not having a great playoff) we have great season players and no clutch playoff players.

chicagoglen
10-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Sox Win!!!!

Force Game 4!

1 Down, 2 to go!!!!

chakes89
10-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Go White Sox!!

Go Jim Thome!!

Birdbats
10-05-2008, 09:00 PM
I can't imagine what it's like to be a Cubs fan. It's bad enough they haven't won the Series since 1908, but during the past five seasons, they've seen:
Fellow losers, the Red Sox, finally win the Series in '04;
The hated White Sox win in '05;
The hated Cardinals win in '06;
The Red Sox proving they weren't a one-time fluke in '07;
And a great season followed by a three-and-out in '08. Not to mention that both the Red Sox and White Sox are still alive.I have to hand it to an organization whose fans keep coming back for more. Here in St. Louis, the Rams are just nine seasons removed from a Super Bowl win and hardly anybody cares about them. It's hard to get excited about a team that offers so little hope and even harder to spend money on tickets to see them, especially in our economy. The fact the Cubs still have fans is a testament to, well, something...

allstarsplus
10-05-2008, 09:20 PM
I can't imagine what it's like to be a Cubs fan. It's bad enough they haven't won the Series since 1908, but during the past five seasons, they've seen:

Fellow losers, the Red Sox, finally win the Series in '04;
The hated White Sox win in '05;
The hated Cardinals win in '06;
The Red Sox proving they weren't a one-time fluke in '07;
And a great season followed by a three-and-out in '08. Not to mention that both the Red Sox and White Sox are still alive.I have to hand it to an organization whose fans keep coming back for more. Here in St. Louis, the Rams are just nine seasons removed from a Super Bowl win and hardly anybody cares about them. It's hard to get excited about a team that offers so little hope and even harder to spend money on tickets to see them, especially in our economy. The fact the Cubs still have fans is a testament to, well, something...

Some very good points. Hows about 2003 with the Marlins winning it and the Yankees haven't won since 2000.

Nathan
10-05-2008, 10:39 PM
What do gay bears and the World Series have in common?

No Cubs.:p

geoff
10-05-2008, 10:53 PM
The Cubs better not get Brian Roberts from the Orioles.I want BRob to finish his career in a Baltimore Orioles Uniform.But if we get some Good Starting Pitchers who knows what will happen.I did Pick the Cubs to go to the Series.

aeneas01
10-06-2008, 05:37 AM
i'm a big pirates fan (yeah, i know) but i've always had a soft spot for the cubs - their history, their great players that have come and gone, wrigley field - heck, i've even always like their unis. and i've never cared for the dodgers. yet for some reason i enjoyed seeing the cubbies swept.

or better put, i enjoyed all of the "experts" being so wrong - leading up to the series one talking head after another had all but declared the cubs world series champs. and the lack of doubt they expressed was stunning! not only were the cubs going to win it all, but they were going to sweep the dodgers. one guy on espn radio droned on and on about how he had been right about the red sox and that he had the same feeling about the cubs - the panel agreed wholeheartedly. not sure if an "expert" could have been any more wrong...

skyking26
10-06-2008, 07:35 AM
In 2006, all the experts had the Tigers winning easily over STL. STL had no problem over a young Tiger team that folded like a deck of cards. I still remember Curtis Granderson talking to fans in the on-deck circle DURING THE GAME! I still remember Verlander looking like a scared kid and all the errors. There was not one guy picking STL.

Fast forward to 2008 ST. Every ESPN guy and anaylst had Detroit in the WS on paper. "No brainer." They ended up in last place and were actually painful to watch. I wish I could get paid for my opinion, it's worth at least as much as the experts.

thomecollector
10-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Well, I now know how the Cubs fan's feel. Sox lost! No title in Chicago this year.............I guess we'll try again next year.@#$% *#@! :mad:

AWA85
10-06-2008, 11:11 PM
First I was pulling for Dunn and the D backs, than it became Griffey getting a ring with the Sox..... now I am sitting back watching Sean Casey on the bench of the Red Sox?!?!?! I don't know about if I really want to see boston win but if anyone deserves a ring I guess it would be nice to see the mayor get one. On the other hand this young Devil..... I mean Rays team :D is fun to watch!