PDA

View Full Version : Dusty Situation

AWA85
10-06-2008, 01:08 PM
I am not talking about Dusty Baker here, but was wondering what you guys do about dust and is there anyway to cut down on it in your display rooms? Have all my bats in tubes and other items in cases but I do have a few jerseys hanging on the walls that tend to collect a good amount of dust on the shoulders just after a week. Any tips or ideas I can do to cut down on this? Also with a little dust collecting on the jerseys, can anything bad happen to them ( I brush them off every weekend about) ?

Thanks in advance!

jppopma
10-06-2008, 01:37 PM
My 1st suggestions would be to upgrade to a better furnace filter (change often) and maybe consider hiring a duct cleaning service to come in. Another common cause of increased dust are pets.

For damaging the jerseys, I'd avoid any chemicals used for dusting even if sprayed on another rag. A better bet would be to use a vacuum cleaner to remove and not just disrupt the dust.

Other issues are how much outside dust is in you area. Anything from dirt roads or pollution will all end up floating through the air looking for a nice place to land.

Good luck.

AWA85
10-06-2008, 06:24 PM
No worries, no chemicals or any sprays on the jerseys. Usually just use a rag to dust them off.

How are the dry cleaners bags or plastic covers? Do those take away from display of the jerseys?

Keep the dust tips coming!