PDA

View Full Version : MLB - You have to wonder...

godwulf
10-06-2008, 02:13 PM
You have to wonder how it is that an organization with so much money does not see fit to hire even marginally competent folks to work in their Customer Service department.

I won the bidding the other day on a 2005 Max Scherzer Team U.S.A. jersey, and after doing so I read that payment would automatically be made (turns out that this is not the case) from the credit card on file when you registered. That particular card is one that I cancelled a short time ago, because I never used it, so I emailed them to say that I was changing the info, substituting an active card, and would they please run the payment through again.

A couple of days later, I get a "Warning" email, saying that I needed to pay for the jersey...which I was more than happy to do, using the info on the "good" card, of course...the only reason I hadn't done it already is because I'd read that payment was "automatic", and believed it. All's well, etc, right?

Today I get an email from Customer Service, stating that they were unable to answer my question because I hadn't provided them with enough information. Specifically, I hadn't given them...my email adress.

........................!!! :cool:

Anyway, the jersey is paid for, and with a little luck - okay, a lot of luck - the geniuses at MLB will actually mail it to the right address in time for me to get Max to sign it before the Fall League season ends. :rolleyes:

ahuff
10-06-2008, 02:43 PM
I agree entirely.

I've purchased two things off of mlb.com. My first scenario went exactly like yours, almost to the minute detail. The only difference was that my e-mail said they had cancelled my bid because I didn't pay. Luckily, I was able to get in touch with the team and correct it before any damage was done.

Vintagedeputy
10-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Today I get an email from Customer Service, stating that they were unable to answer my question because I hadn't provided them with enough information. Specifically, I hadn't given them...my email adress.

One of the things my company does is provide people with firearms training so that they can get concealed handgun permits. The permits are issued by the Circuit Court Clerks Office in the county where each person lives.

One guy dropped off his application and was told by the clerk that he had to provide a self addressed stamped envelope so that they could mail his permit back to him. He told the clerk that a SASE was not required per the law and that his $50 fee should cover postage so he was not providing a SASE since the law didnt require him to. (We have alot of problems with these Clerks asking for things outside the law).

A few weeks ago, the Clerk's Office MAILED his application back to him marked DENIED! The reason? He failed to provide them with a stamped envelope so that they could mail his permit to him.

Its a mad, mad, mad world........