PDA

View Full Version : Pete Rose Jersey - Heritage

cohibasmoker
10-09-2008, 07:46 AM
Hello sportsfans,

I just saw a Pete Rose jersey being offered by Heritage auctions via eBay's live auctions. I was thinking about bidding on this jersey until I noticed the Wilson label.

I may be wrong but the Wilson label appears to be the style used from 1974-77. The set tags on the jersey are from 1979.

I emailed Howard Wolf and Heritage Auctions. There is some time before the auction ends so I would appreciate any help other forum members can give me in this matter. I am sure both Howard and Heritage will get back to me and when they do, I'll post their comments.

I am not questionig the authenticity of the jersey. I am sure there is a explanation for this and I just want to be sure before I invest a considerable amount of money on the item.

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260295137672&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Jim

hblakewolf
10-09-2008, 08:50 AM
Hello sportsfans,

I just saw a Pete Rose jersey being offered by Heritage auctions via eBay's live auctions. I was thinking about bidding on this jersey until I noticed the Wilson label.

I may be wrong but the Wilson label appears to be the style used from 1974-77. The set tags on the jersey are from 1979.

I emailed Howard Wolf and Heritage Auctions. There is some time before the auction ends so I would appreciate any help other forum members can give me in this matter. I am sure both Howard and Heritage will get back to me and when they do, I'll post their comments.

I am not questionig the authenticity of the jersey. I am sure there is a explanation for this and I just want to be sure before I invest a considerable amount of money on the item.

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260295137672&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Jim

Jim-

Not only are the tags correct for a 1979 Phillies jersey, the entire shirt looks good (tackle twill style, embroidery, etc.). Of course, I'd like to see it in person, but from the photos provided, everything appears to be dead on.

Let me know if you want to see photos of other 1979 Phillies tags or have additional questions.

Good luck!
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

cohibasmoker
10-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Howard,

Thanks for the reply. I know a guy who is looking for a Rose jersey and he has asked me to help him find one. Because it is NOT my money, and he is relying on my opinion, I want as perfect a jersey as possible and the tagging on this jersey may or may not be an issue.

With that said, one of the many lessons I've learned from this hobby is, "the only thing that is consistent with the hobby is it's inconsistencies".

Hope things are well,

Jim