PDA

View Full Version : Cracked bats - Whether Lefty or Righty

fossilbowl
03-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Hello everybody. I believe I saw a topic similar to this on the old forum. There was a discussion on where a crack occurs on the bat relative to the label, depending on whether it was used by a righty or a lefty. I'm not really sure how that theory could out. Players use the backs of that barrels (opposite of names) most often. If that holds true, then a righty will most likely crack the handle just above the bat label with lefty below. But players rotate that bat after each contact with the ball, so that would definitely throw that out the door? So does anybody really know where cracks develop more on righty bats vs. lefties. Just thought it was an interesting topic. Thanks.

suave1477
03-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Just a personal opinion I dont think you can judge something like that. I am not saying there isnt probabilities but the variables are so much, i think it would be kind of hard.

Here are some variables

How hard the player hits the ball!!
What the player did with the bat before he stepped up to the plate!!!
Was that particular bat manufactured with any weak spots in the wood!!
What kind of wood is used for that bat!!
Where exactly did the bat and ball make contact!!!
How many times and in what area did the bat make contact with the ball!!
Is the player a right or lefty!!
How high up or down the handle does the player hold the bat!!

After you figure out all those then here is the greatest off all stick your finger in the air and feel which way the wind was blowing that day!!!

Now i wish you the best of luck on your research