PDA

View Full Version : Help! USPS problem

AstrosCollector
10-10-2008, 07:49 PM
I recently shipped off a box containing two bats to a buyer in Puerto Rico. I used the automated postal center outside of the post office because the inside was a zoo. I have done his on numerous occasions to avoid the lines. The lady inside the post office asked me to leave both on the counter. I shipped the bats along with another package going to Washington and used delivery confirmation on both. The package to Washington has been delivered and I can check the confirmation number. However when I check the package to Puerto Rico it tells me there is no such record. What should I do?

b.heagy
10-10-2008, 07:52 PM
did you get a receipt?

ziggy
10-10-2008, 07:57 PM
When you use the auto machines it does not do an initial scan, therefore no record in system usually until it gets to the local post office of where it is delivered....Puerto Rico mail is the worst. Priority mail to P.R can take up to 2 weeks.

Vintagedeputy
10-10-2008, 08:27 PM
The automated machines are a joke.

I used one to send a t-shirt to California. I matched up the style of package to the picture exactly. I printed the postage and mailed it away.

12 days later, the package was returned to me. It had markings on it indicating that it had made it through LAX and then was sent back. Why did they send it back? Because the automated machine shorted the postage .36.

yep, the package went from Va. to California, back to Va and then back to Cali for want of .36.....

and we wonder why they post office is screwed up

AstrosCollector
10-10-2008, 08:48 PM
When you use the auto machines it does not do an initial scan, therefore no record in system usually until it gets to the local post office of where it is delivered

Well that makes me feel a little bit better. I thought that they would scan it on each stop.