PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Braun Bat

SkubeBats
10-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Hello,
Today a Ryan Braun un-used Sam Bat sold for $480.00 on Ebay. I know he is star in the making but come on this wasn't even used by him. The same seller is has up for auction on Ebay a un-used Prince Fielder and an un-used C.C. Sabathia bats. Look at these prices the Fielder is over $300.00 and the Sabathia bait is over $200.00 and there is a day to go. I just wonder what the final price will be on these two. Can anyone explain to me why people would pay these crazzy prices on un-used bats of these guys.
Thanks,:)
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

harpt
10-11-2008, 12:45 PM
I hear you Jamie...I was thinking the same thing. It is my sincere hope that these bats do not resurface as gamers somewhere down the line...this time showing great use.

Who knows, maybe they just want them for autographs...seems like these could be had for much cheaper if that's the case though.

SkubeBats
10-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Scott,
I hope people aren't buying these bats making them look game used then reselling them. I just picked up a Ryan Braun un-used Sam Bat this week for only $250.00 and I thought that was a little to much to pay. I just can't see paying that much for an un-used bat.
Thanks,
Jamie

allstarsplus
10-11-2008, 02:20 PM
I hear you Jamie...I was thinking the same thing. It is my sincere hope that these bats do not resurface as gamers somewhere down the line...this time showing great use.

Who knows, maybe they just want them for autographs...seems like these could be had for much cheaper if that's the case though.

Take note of the buyer and add that to the great catalogue of "game issued" items and see if it resurfaces again as game used!

I believe Ryan Braun's typical real game used bat has 1 unique characteristic which is thick Mota stick all over the handle.

zookerman182
10-11-2008, 03:41 PM
These bats are selling for so much because during the regular season, which was 6 months long, there was not a single prince or braun game used bat for sale on ebay. The only thing these fans have is issued bats. Alot of people dont know any connections or other collectors to help them find bats. Alot of people only have ebay. I was telling Jamie the other day that i thought braun issued bats should sell for over 450 and that him getting one for 250 was a steal. I also know that if a used braun bat was to hit ebay it would sell for 800 easy. Prince and Braun bats just dont show up on the market often which drives the price way up. Obviously if more braun and prince bats begin to surface then prices will go down a little but there are so many brewer/braun/prince collectors that it will take more than a few of each to satisfy everyone who is searching for them.