PDA

View Full Version : Need Input : Best time to end an auction on ebay

ahuff
10-16-2008, 05:57 AM
Just wondering, from all of your experiences, what is the best time to end an auction on ebay. I once heard on Monday evening. Thanks.

twinsbb17
10-16-2008, 07:01 AM
I've heard Sunday nights are really good because most people are home and primetime TV shows aren't on. The bulk of auctions I go for end on Sunday nights.

costas
10-16-2008, 07:47 AM
I've asked before and was told Sunday night was best, but for some strange reason items I've sold have sold best on Friday night instead.

earlywynnfan
10-16-2008, 01:40 PM
I actually read an article that said Saturdays and Sundays were the best. I agree that Sunday evenings seem to work well.

Ken

trsent
10-16-2008, 05:26 PM
I have found in this modern age of technology that my listings that end generally Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons do best. Now, many people use bid-snipers and other tools, so often the end time is not as important as it used to be, but it is nice for the exposure while people are at work playing on their PCs.

MSpecht
10-16-2008, 09:48 PM
I have generally had success by making sure that my auctions end between 6 and 7 PM (West Coast time) as that ensures that a large percentage of people are at home across the country --6 PM West, -- 7 PM Nevada and whatever other states are in that zone -- 8 PM Central --and 9 PM East Coast... I am not sure that it makes a big difference though, as Joel pointed out.

Mike jackitout7@aol.com