PDA

View Full Version : Late Payments

intheminors
10-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Guys,

mvandor's post on "game issued" and the related ebay link made me finally post about this... So, thanks mvandor, I do appreciate it...

As a seller on ebay, I've noticed a trend developing from the new rules that have been adopted on that site. Buyers, even some that I know through this site, are taking increasingly long to pay even though the description clear states what the parameters are. Because there is no negative feedback that can be left for buyers now, it seems that some are taking advantage, and their sweet time, to pay for items.

Has anyone else noticed a change in the speed of payment from buyers?

Sorry, I'm sure this has been discussed before and maybe I missed it.

Thanks for all of the input.

Kyle

bigtruck260
10-17-2008, 01:51 PM
You bet...

At least one person does it every time I list my auctions (and I usally list less than 10 at a time). The sad part is that I am filing non-paying bidder strikes against people who have 100% feedback. If they pay by the third warning, and I send their stuff out, I am always afraid that they will leave me a negative for asking them for MY money...

It's stupid, and I'm getting tired of being held hostage...

markize
10-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Guys,

mvandor's post on "game issued" and the related ebay link made me finally post about this... So, thanks mvandor, I do appreciate it...

As a seller on ebay, I've noticed a trend developing from the new rules that have been adopted on that site. Buyers, even some that I know through this site, are taking increasingly long to pay even though the description clear states what the parameters are. Because there is no negative feedback that can be left for buyers now, it seems that some are taking advantage, and their sweet time, to pay for items.

Has anyone else noticed a change in the speed of payment from buyers?

Sorry, I'm sure this has been discussed before and maybe I missed it.

Thanks for all of the input.

Kyle

klye,

you are 100% on the money. since the feedbcak system changed, i have had to leave positive feedback for people that said "NEGATIVE AVOID" etc. i think i have filed more unpaid disputes in the last several months than i did in several years. if a buyer doesnt pay for an auction, or respond to a dispute, a seller should be able to leave negative feedback. if a buyer can "warn" other buyers about bad sellers, why can't sellers "warn" other sellers about idiot buyers?

mark

earlywynnfan
10-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Also, and this is minor compared to not getting paid, is anyone but me noticing that less buyers are leaving you, the seller, positive feedback? It almost seems like more are saying "hey, what are they going to do to me? I'm not going to waste 15 seconds telling others I'm happy."

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Ozric
10-18-2008, 12:53 PM
I am fighting with someone right now about this as they never paid and never responded to any e-mails until after I opened a dispute and sent a non pay note. They got pissed at me and said they would pay at their leisure, but I'm sure that my 100% feedback will be gone now since I opened the dispute and sent them a non pay note. Ebay is clearly perpetuating this madness as the seller has to send the non pay note to the buyer and follow procedures before they will even consider refunding lost ebay fees. The seller has no rights whatsoever now and are at the mercy of the buyer, who can take as long as they want to pay.

momen55
10-18-2008, 01:15 PM
i sold 2 items 15-16 days ago and haven't received any payment yet. when asking about it, i get the typical answer, "it's in the mail".

feedback is another thing. not much response on buyer's side.

it is getting really disgusting to sell on ebay anymore. they are really pulling a fast one on sellers.

b.heagy
10-18-2008, 02:06 PM
I quit listing on ebay. Not worth the hassle. Most of my customers are great and have stayed in contact but there were/are too many games to deal with.

commando
10-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Sooner or later, things will swing the other way again on eBay. Sellers pay the bills on eBay, plain and simple. Buyers pay the cost of the item and shipping, and not a penny more. Just give eBay a few weeks or so to figure out this painfully simple point, especially when their big sellers start showing how unhappy they are.