PDA

View Full Version : Frank Thomas GU Glove

WadeInBmore
10-19-2008, 01:51 PM
I am a huge Thomas fan and have been looking for a fielders mit from the Big Hurt for a while. Haven't posted in a long time so I figured I would remind fellow members of what I am looking for. I am also always looking for anything game used by Frank Thomas as well...but the glove is some what of the holy grail for me.

wade
hotstab@gmail.com

salukidave
10-19-2008, 01:54 PM
I actually have one, but I'm not looking to sell it. I'd consider a ridiculously high offer though. I'm at salukidave@comcast.net.

thomecollector
10-19-2008, 02:15 PM
By ridiculusly high you mean over $1000 ? I paid $2300 for a Thome Sox glove from '06 ;)

salukidave
10-19-2008, 04:59 PM
I don't want to say how much I paid for mine, but I got a good deal. I got it in a charity auction held inside of the Grandstand souvenir store located a few blocks away from U.S. Cellular Field. Former Sox outfielder Carlos Lee supplied the items for the auction straight out of the lockerroom after a weekend series.

I don't consider the $2,300 you paid for your Thome glove to be ridiculously overpriced. Both Thomas and Thome will be Hall of Famers. A glove of either is certainly a Hall of Fame item, made all the more rare by the amount of time they spent as designated hitters.

thomecollector
10-19-2008, 06:07 PM
You're correct. It's one of those things that become harder to aquire later in their careers. I wouldn't sell my for twice what I paid. It's in the holy grail triangle............