PDA

View Full Version : Help with Uggla bat

Masimen
10-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Was wondering if there are any Marlins or Uggla collectors who can help me out with this bat. The bat came directly from Uggla. I am close friends with his girlfriends sister and she got the bat directly from him. It seems to have his underlined number 6 on the nob which is consistent with what I have seen on the internet, but then someone added a number 2 next the the 6 making it a number 29. Looks like there was a late season call up on the roster by the name of Gabby Sanchez who wore the number 29 and had only 8 at bats. Would it be reasonable to assume that a guy like Sanchez would get the bat, label it with his number, use it, and then give it back? Any thoughts. I have thought of trying to get the question back to Uggla, but I don't want to be a pain in the rear. He was kind enough to get the bat for me. Any thoughts?

scottanservitz
10-19-2008, 08:56 PM
Masimen,
I have an Uggla and it is just like yours. The tape is Uggla's, the tar and the underlined 6. I think it is safe to assume that Uggla used this bat and then loaned it to the call up player. You have great provenance so I think you have a gamer also used by another player.

Scott

nick1980
10-20-2008, 01:05 AM
You have a two for one.

Masimen
10-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks for you thoughts on this. Much appreciated!

Masimen
10-22-2008, 01:56 AM
Now That I am looking at the GUU auction, I see an Uggla bat that was also used by Hanley Ramirez where he has crossed out the 6 and put a 2 in the exact same place as my bat. My bat may have even been used by Ramirez and not the late season call up.