PDA

View Full Version : Question to all game used bat collectors.

3arod13
10-21-2008, 10:40 AM
When collecting game used bats of your favorite player, do you try to collect one each of all different makes and models that player used?

whatupyos
10-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Good question. I don't because that could add up to several bats and a lot of money, so I'm happy with a bat or two with no preference to the same model or different models.

3arod13
10-21-2008, 10:58 AM
I was told that many game used bat collectors prefer a bat that the player is known for using most of their career. If they used a different model earlier in the career, most still prefer the players most used model.

Myself, I like a bat that the player is known for using a short period of time. Reason: How many can there be out there

harpt
10-21-2008, 12:41 PM
My goal for bat collecting is to get an outstanding example of one bat for each labeling period that the guy played for the Brewers.

So, for Yount for example: I want a LVS for 1973-75, 1976, 1977-79, etc.

For guys who used a lot of Adirondacks in the 80's, of course, you have to get a different bat for each year. This should keep me busy my whole life :)

skyking26
10-21-2008, 04:37 PM
I collect every make an model Kingman bat the man touched. I do that as he has always been my favorite player since I was a kid.

Other guys I collect, it is just 1 bat from every team: example Thome - I'd like a Indians, Phils and Sox bat. Have the bases covered with exception to the Phils as I rec'd an email today about 1 available and it was sold in my guess before the email went out. Doesn't matter how many times I post here I was a Thome Phils bat...apparently nobody sees it. Adam Dunn, same thing, 1 from each team, McGwire, still looking for a Cards bat (good luck).

RK

nomarmauerfan
10-21-2008, 05:11 PM
I would love to collect every model/label period for Don Mattingly. But, George has them all:D . Seriously, Mattingly's stuff is just too expensive for me. So, I have a 83-85 and a 86-89. That's when he was the best player I had ever seen, so that is enough for now.

Justin Morneau is my current favorite and I am on a mission to get a bat from every pro season. So far, I have a 2002, 2003, 2-2004 (different models), and a 2007. I'm hoping to get a 2006. The rest will come (hopefully).

Its a heck of a lot easier to get the current ones than the old ones...and (for the most part), a lot cheaper.

Mike

staindsox
10-21-2008, 06:24 PM
I am trying to collect every Joe Mauer bat company, model number, and color combination that was issued to him. I have 17 different right now, along with a few others on the side.

Chris
staindsox@hotmail.com

nomarmauerfan
10-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Chris,
I'd love to see those Mauer bats (being a big fan myself). If you wouldn't mind, could you please send me some pics. dixey2044@msn.com

Thanks.

Mike