PDA

View Full Version : Anyone deal with procollections09 on EBAY?

moose007
03-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Ebay user ID is procollections09. There is a jersey this guy has that I wouldn't mind getting. He doesn't have COAs though. Would like feedback or advice if anyone has dealt with him. He has only hockey jerseys. BTW, auction ends tomorrow. Thanks for any quick input.:confused:

trsent
03-25-2006, 06:57 PM
I don't think the Manon Reaume jersey you are asking about is being sold as game used. Carefully read the description, it is being sold as a game jersey. It says the jersey is the one she wore with The Atlanta Knights, but it doesn't say game used anywhere.

I believe at $90.00 without a bid, this is just a store model jersey or game model jersey - No indications by the seller that the jersey was used by Manon Reaume.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1992-93-Manon-Reaume-Atlanta-Knights-Road-Jersey_W0QQitemZ8776788347QQcategoryZ2870QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Number9
03-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Long-time lurker here, finally set up an account tonight.

Can add some info to this thread. The Atlanta Knights wore M-Sport, not Bauer, the year Manon Rheaume was there. They wore Bauers the following season after she was gone.
Plus in the one Knights game she played in, she wore a white jersey in a home game against the Salt Lake Golden Eagles, who wore red, at the Omni in Atlanta.

trsent
03-25-2006, 09:27 PM
Here is a photo of Manon Rheaume in a similar jersey to the one being offered in the auction. If you look at the Knights logo you can see differences:

Here is the eBay jersey:

moose007
03-25-2006, 10:08 PM
Thanks to Joel Alpert & Number 9 for the info on the jersey. Looking at the pics, the numbers are a different color for starters. I'll pass on buying the jersey.

Number 9, you seem to have very specific info on Atlanta Knights and Manon Rheaume. I have been a long time Manon collector but lack knowledge on the uniforms. Can you shed any additional time on Manon's time with the team? Any additional info would be appreciated.

You can email me at imfubar100@earthlink.net

Thanks!!!

Number9
03-25-2006, 11:36 PM
Plus the jerseys she wore, M-Sport, were mesh, and the Bauers are thin knit.
You can see in the photo of her that Trsent posted that the hem has the big mesh holes.

Moose, yeah I was around them a lot at the time. I remember they gave her her own dressing room, used a storage room or something, and that was sort of weird, to have a team meeting going on or whatever and she would suddenly pop out of her room to join the team. Plus, honestly, she was not quite up to the competition. She seemed to be a very nice young lady, extremely talented, but just not able to compete at that level. Wasn't big enough or quick enough. I will say she may have been mentally tough enough though as she had major major guts.
As far as her real jerseys, I have come across several people on forums/ebay etc who claim they own her real jerseys but if all those people had the real thing then there would be 15 or 20 of them. I am not sure who really has the one she wore in a game.

I used to have that game on tape but have since lost it unfortunately.

Not sure what else to add, as I said, she seemed to be a great person, very classy, and worked extremely hard. But in my mind it was all very clearly a PR stunt. The owner of the team at the time had a circus background so he was always looking for publicity. The team did that and other stuff, like signing one of the Gretzky brothers.

Number9
03-25-2006, 11:56 PM
Oops, I forgot she did play in TWO Knights games, not just the Salt Lake game.
But i am sure about the jersey info. I have several Knights jerseys from each year they were here, just nothing of hers.

trsent
03-26-2006, 12:43 AM
Not sure what else to add, as I said, she seemed to be a great person, very classy, and worked extremely hard. But in my mind it was all very clearly a PR stunt. The owner of the team at the time had a circus background so he was always looking for publicity. The team did that and other stuff, like signing one of the Gretzky brothers.

Too bad baseball is so corporate these days. Bill Veeck was one of a kind.