PDA

View Full Version : Jim Kelly game jerseys....

cjw
10-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Can anyone post pics of their Kelly gamers? Did the Bills wher Sand Knit's with screened on numbering/lettring in his era? What size did Kelly wear?

Thanks for the assistance!

cjw
10-21-2008, 06:46 PM
I should always research here before I post. It appears that the Bills wore sand Knits in 86/87 (kelly's rookie year) and then switched to Champion...correct? The sand knits were a "port hole" fish net with "painted on" numbering/lettering....correct?

Sizing for Kelly in this year would be great...along with any close up pics of Bills gamers from this year would be appreciated. Thanks!

jhunt28
10-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Here is a nice gamer currently being auctioned...Looks like its a screened on Champion from 1992...no sizing pictured

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?lot=353&auctionid=811

lund6771
10-22-2008, 12:05 AM
it's weird that it has an exlcusive tag but no size tag?

jhunt28
10-22-2008, 05:55 AM
Thats what I thought...but then again I don't know a thing about Bills jerseys in 1992. I only know from what Jets jerseys I own and have seen from that year, and they have the Champion tag to the right of the exclusivity tag, along with jersey size.

cjw
10-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Any Kelly jerseys from early years out there? Pls post pics and/or vcomment on his rookie year jerey manufacturer and sizing please. Thanks!

gridman80
10-30-2008, 04:42 PM
I should always research here before I post. It appears that the Bills wore sand Knits in 86/87 (kelly's rookie year) and then switched to Champion...correct? The sand knits were a "port hole" fish net with "painted on" numbering/lettering....correct?

Sizing for Kelly in this year would be great...along with any close up pics of Bills gamers from this year would be appreciated. Thanks!

I had a Jim Kelly jersey like this many years ago...It was a blue fishnet jersey (they were ultimately banned by the league) and had sewn on numbers front and back and if I recall correctly screened on shoulder numbers and direct screened NOB..I had woody ribbeck get it signed by Kelly and he inscribed 1986 I think...I dont recall if it had tagging...

nyjetsfan14
10-30-2008, 06:13 PM
Thats what I thought...but then again I don't know a thing about Bills jerseys in 1992. I only know from what Jets jerseys I own and have seen from that year, and they have the Champion tag to the right of the exclusivity tag, along with jersey size.

Gridman can probably attest to this one as I believe he stills has a beautifully photomatched Jets superstar gamer from the same era in his collection which has only the Designed & Tailored tail tag and absent of the Champion size tagging? Anomolies, such as this, are out there and you can't necessarily rule something out because it doesn't meet the stencils we have created.