Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigtruck260
    • Sep 2007

Coach's Corner

For those of you that disagree with the above named auction house's consignment policy regarding the sale of authentic memorabilia...

There is a guy on YouTube who has a personal vendetta against them.

Interesting video.

Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic
  • Rob L
    • Nov 2005

Re: Coach's Corner

Classic!!
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• lund6771
      • Dec 2006

Absolutely Incredible...I looked at their site and this is a complete joke...

CC so blatent about it that I can't believe they haven't been raided!!!!

I sure hope the FBI is looking at these guys!!!

Question to the guys who work at SCD...You read these boards and post here....

How can you let these crooks advertise in your magazine and still be able considered credible?...

I'm sure there will no reply from anyone at SCD because they have the balls the size of my neutered dog

Comment

• halofan

I collect Vladimir Guerrero stuff, there is a signed ball that is clearly fake on there.

Comment

• Lokee
          Banned
          • May 2008

one word to decribe this...

OWNED !

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
            • Oct 2005

Imagine that, someone calling out Coach's Corner for selling fake stuff......what are the odds?

Comment

• allstarsplus
              • Nov 2005

I loved his ending signoff "Coach's Corner Comode".

Seems like the wolf is guarding the hen house.

Here is his Part II: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zZR7...eature=related He reads a COA from Coach's Corner. Very interesting.
              Regards,
              Andrew Lang
              AllstarsPlus@aol.com
              202-716-8500

Comment

• mvandor
                Banned
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by bigtruck260
                For those of you that disagree with the above named auction house's consignment policy regarding the sale of authentic memorabilia...

There is a guy on YouTube who has a personal vendetta against them.

Interesting video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28V-R__4708&feature=user
                While this guy is likely right, he proves nothing in his video, he should have shown the forgeries next to exemplars that were indisputable.

Comment

• ndevlin
                  • Mar 2008

Though a lot of the stuff looks kind of junky. Keep in mind they probably dont have forum members looking at every single piece giving their two cents worth, for free. Not every auction house has that luxory.

Comment

• dcgreg25
                    • Jan 2008

Its always good to have people step up and expose someone selling fakes but I agree it would have been much more helpful if he had provided comparisons between fake and UDA or other authentic signatures. I am shocked that Coach's Corner is still around. My guess is the people who buy their items are people that are new to collecting or buying gifts for people who are collectors. Its unfortunate because when the people find out what they have it turns a lot of people off to the hobby.

Comment

• momen55
                      • Aug 2006

all the auction houses do the same thing; sell junk. i was looking through past american memorabilia auctions and couldn't believe the stuff that sold that was classified as game used by a certain player but wasn't. it is a joke and until someone steps up and knocks these guys out of business it will continue.
                      good for him for doing that show.

Comment

• lund6771
                        • Dec 2006

Here is another incredibly rare piece offered by this respected, and SCD endorsed, auction house

Comment

• lund6771
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by momen55
                          all the auction houses do the same thing; sell junk. i was looking through past american memorabilia auctions and couldn't believe the stuff that sold that was classified as game used by a certain player but wasn't. it is a joke and until someone steps up and knocks these guys out of business it will continue.
                          good for him for doing that show.
                          what items were these Momen55?...or which player?

I think AMI will knock itself out of business beacuse of their horrific costumer service and their 8 month payment programs that are filled with lies and deceipt...

I also have noticed that Dave O'Brien has not posted in their defence in quite some time...do they owe you $ as well Dave?

Comment

• CollectGU
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by lund6771
                            what items were these Momen55?...or which player?

I think AMI will knock itself out of business beacuse of their horrific costumer service and their 8 month payment programs that are filled with lies and deceipt...

I also have noticed that Dave O'Brien has not posted in their defence in quite some time...do they owe you $ as well Dave?
                            No Pete, I quit arguing with you over this long ago. It always seemed pointless, and I grew weary of the back and forth. You seem to have a vandetta against them. Every thread you write in, you always seem to change the thread so that you can write something negative about them. That's fine with me.

Regards,
                            Dave

Comment

• trsent
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2005

[quote=lund6771;104308]Here is another incredibly rare piece offered by this respected, and SCD endorsed, auction house

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDTmX...related[/quote]

SCD endorses Coach's Corner?

I just thought they were a paid advertiser that SCD couldn't turn down anymore because no one else advertises with them to their extent.

Comment

Working...