PDA

View Full Version : anyone out there big ebay buyer or seller

kneerat
10-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Hey guys,
I am doing a column on the current state of eBay, considering its recent changes and economy. If anyone has any thoughts, please email me your phone number to: chris.nerat@fwpubs.com

thanks and stay in the game,
chris

trsent
10-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Hey guys,
I am doing a column on the current state of eBay, considering its recent changes and economy. If anyone has any thoughts, please email me your phone number to: chris.nerat@fwpubs.com

thanks and stay in the game,
chris

Chris, big as in weight or volume?

otismalibu
10-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Chris, big as in weight or volume?

He's referring to user ID size.

Like my eBay favorite...

I_Sell_Lou_Lampson_Certified_Game_Used_Items_Ba_Ha _Ha_Ha (-13)

trsent
10-22-2008, 02:47 PM
He's referring to user ID size.

Like my eBay favorite...

I_Sell_Lou_Lampson_Certified_Game_Used_Items_Ba_Ha _Ha_Ha (-13)

I_Sell_Lou_Lampson_Certified_Game_Used_Items_Ba_Ha _Ha_Ha( -13http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/icon/iconShootYllw_25x25.gif)

It looks much cooler with the shooting star!

otismalibu
10-22-2008, 02:48 PM
It looks much cooler with the shooting star!

Splendid!

:D

Vintagedeputy
10-22-2008, 03:12 PM
Size doesnt matter (I keep telling my wife)

kneerat
10-22-2008, 07:12 PM
wow... you guys are a bunch of comedians.:eek:

worldchamps
10-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Chris,

Look at the post on Coach's corner, it should give you plenty of material on a story.

Bill

hblakewolf
10-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Chris,

Look at the post on Coach's corner, it should give you plenty of material on a story.

Bill

Not a chance you'll ever see the boys at SCD write a single negative word on their largest advertiser and best revenue source. Take Coaches Corner out of the picture and you have nothing more than a worthless 25 page weekly bird cage liner.

As a side note, when was the last time anyone on this Forum purchased a game used item as a result of an ad in SCD (besides Ball Park Heroes)?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

hiramman
10-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Howard,

Actually a GUU ad in SCD brought me to this site a couple of years ago. I'm still a SCD subscriber, but i would have no problems with them going back to bi-weekly and including more informative articles.

skipcarayislegend
10-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Chris,

Bill

Like a story about how the guy that posted those videos is bad for the hobby? Don't give them any ideas.

worldchamps
10-23-2008, 10:42 AM
A good investigative story would be why on Tuesday of this week I got the Oct 24th issue, and then on wednesday, the next day I got the Oct 17th issue????

I would be pissed if there were still any good ads.

This will be my last year as a subscriber, and even the HOF auto photo will not keep me this time.....if you were wondering it was Clyde Lovellette.

hblakewolf
10-23-2008, 11:32 AM
A good investigative story would be why on Tuesday of this week I got the Oct 24th issue, and then on wednesday, the next day I got the Oct 17th issue????

This will be my last year as a subscriber, and even the HOF auto photo will not keep me this time.....if you were wondering it was Clyde Lovellette.

I've been a loyal subscriber since the mid 1980's. When my subscribtion is over, I'm joining you. The 33 pages which includes auction recaps and interviews with no name past sports figures and executives such as Bobby "4 fingers" Putznick the ex rodeo clown from 1953 bring little value to the table.

Do you want to trade the Lovellette photo for the free gift I received with my latest subscription renewal? It's described as a lmited edition "Hartland Brand" baseball player statue, but in actuality, it's a 4 inch tall plastic boy with his dog perched on a fence with a baseball bat. From the looks of it, it may have been manufactured at the same plant in China that makes those little green army men that are offered in the back of comic books!

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

skyking26
10-23-2008, 08:45 PM

I've been a loyal subscriber since the mid 1980's. When my subscribtion is over, I'm joining you. The 33 pages which includes auction recaps and interviews with no name past sports figures and executives such as Bobby "4 fingers" Putznick the ex rodeo clown from 1953 bring little value to the table.

Do you want to trade the Lovellette photo for the free gift I received with my latest subscription renewal? It's described as a lmited edition "Hartland Brand" baseball player statue, but in actuality, it's a 4 inch tall plastic boy with his dog perched on a fence with a baseball bat. From the looks of it, it may have been manufactured at the same plant in China that makes those little green army men that are offered in the back of comic books!

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net
i'm still laughing about this post!! i gave up my sub. after 25 years of faithful service...

Vintagedeputy
10-23-2008, 09:19 PM
LMAO I suffered through the Hartland batboy and Mazeroski auto'd 8x10

jppopma
10-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Howard leaving...thats a big change form back in the 80's when I remember him as being on the better advertising in the magazine as well.