What Is The Best Authenticator/grader To Used For Game-used Bats ??? (no Jokes,please)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frankicards
    • Oct 2008

What Is The Best Authenticator/grader To Used For Game-used Bats ??? (no Jokes,please)

HEY OUT THERE ,

WHATS THE BEST BAT AUTHENTICATOR OUT THERE ??

PSA ?? MEARS ??

DO I NEED ONE FOR A MODERN GAME-USED BAT ??

GRADED ??

THANKS , EVERYONE
    Attached Files
  • Jags Fan Dan
    • Apr 2007

Re: What Is The Best Authenticator/grader To Used For Game-used Bats ??? (no Jokes,please)

My own opinion is that modern game used bats usually speak for themselves based on model and use characteristics from the player in question. Is this a bat you are looking to buy? Sell? How big a ticket item is it? These are factors that would likely go into this decision.

Comment

• 3arod13
      • Apr 2006

Re: What Is The Best Authenticator/grader To Used For Game-used Bats ??? (no Jokes,please)

There was this guy and girl in a bar, .... opps, sorry...no jokes
      Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• 3arod13
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by 3arod13
        There was this guy and girl in a bar, .... opps, sorry...no jokes
        Oops

MEARS LOA's are very detailed. PSA is also good.
        Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• camarokids
          • Jun 2006

if you are going to seriously collect game used bats???

you need to learn yourself .....

also you have the forum members for assistance......

especially on older bats, the forum is a great place.... plus it will save you, your money....
          Thank you,
          David

This is my email address here!
          dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• allstarsplus
            • Nov 2005

John Taube of PSA/DNA is excellent if you are looking for 3rd party to authenticate and grade a bat for you.

Here's John's contact info:

JT Sports • 1 South Granville Ave., Margate, NJ 08402 • (609) 487-8003 • Fax: (609) 487-8090 • info@gameusedbats.com
            Regards,
            Andrew Lang
            AllstarsPlus@aol.com
            202-716-8500

Comment

• SkubeBats
              Banned
              • May 2006

HELLO,
              I WOULD NEVER PAY SOMEONE TO LOOK AT MY BATS AND TELL ME IF THERE GOOD OR NOT. IF YOU DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK THERE IS NO NEED TO PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT. I HAVE CLOSE TO 300 GAME USED BATS AND I ONLY HAVE ONE BAT THAT IS GRADED. I BOUGHT THE BAT FROM SOMEONE HOW HAD IT GRADED. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME WITH THESE PEOPLE, DO THE WORK YOURSELF. WITH THE MONEY YOU SAVE BY DOING IT YOUR SELF YOU COULD GO OUT AND BUY ANOTHER BAT.
              THANKS,
              JAMIE
              jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

Comment

• trsent
                Banned
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by SkubeBats
                HELLO,
                I WOULD NEVER PAY SOMEONE TO LOOK AT MY BATS AND TELL ME IF THERE GOOD OR NOT. IF YOU DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK THERE IS NO NEED TO PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT. I HAVE CLOSE TO 300 GAME USED BATS AND I ONLY HAVE ONE BAT THAT IS GRADED. I BOUGHT THE BAT FROM SOMEONE HOW HAD IT GRADED. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME WITH THESE PEOPLE, DO THE WORK YOURSELF. WITH THE MONEY YOU SAVE BY DOING IT YOUR SELF YOU COULD GO OUT AND BUY ANOTHER BAT.
                THANKS,
                JAMIE
                jlschultz180@wi.rr.com
                Or if you wish to have someone look at your bats because you are concerned and want the letters with the bats so your family can sell them when you leave your collection to them someday it is great to have a 3rd party authenticate your bats.

I would not use this service for $50 - $300 (maybe even higher?) valued bats, but if you have a nice collection of more expensive bats - PSA/DNA Bats and MEARS are the most trusted bat authenticators in the business.

Comment

• 3arod13
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by SkubeBats
                  HELLO,
                  THANKS,
                  JAMIE
                  jlschultz180@wi.rr.com
                  Nothing wrong at all with paying someone knowledgable to authenticate your gamers. There are a few good authenticators worth spending your money for piece of mind. But you still definately want to do your own homework.
                  Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• camarokids
                    • Jun 2006

Game used bats of the modern era, pretty much authenticate themselves....

They are what they are......

With a few exceptions (ex: early X-Bats).....

Really you just need to do your homework and know (and trust) who you are buying from on large ticket items.......

On lower priced items ebay is just fine.........

Check www.gettyimages.com (and other sites) for style matches and use characteristics.....

You can even learn a lot from watching games on tv....

Don't be afraid to ask questions on the forum.....
                    Thank you,
                    David

This is my email address here!
                    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• cjclong
                      • Feb 2006

I would trust John Taube who I have dealt with for a number of years now.

Comment

• yanks12025
                        • Jan 2006

For vintage bats i would go with Mears, they do alot of research for your items. Like others said for modern bats you just need to know yourself. But PSA is good for modern bats.

Comment

• David
                          • Sep 2024

Overall and in general (as opposed to a niche area where the player or agent gives LOAs for that a specific player) MEARS and PSA/DNA are about equally ranked as the best and best known bat examiners.

Comment

• skyking26
                            • Dec 2005

For bats, I do my own homework and get alot of help from guys like Mike Specht...

For jerseys I value Rob Steinmetz opinion highly...

For gloves I would only consider Denny Esken...

I'm still looking for helmet guys...nobody has really stood out on that one...
                            ROBERT KOPPEL
                            Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
                            and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• joelsabi
                              • Aug 2005

who has better access to bat company records? psa or mears?
                              Regards,
                              Joel S.
                              joelsabi @ gmail.com
                              Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

Working...