PDA

View Full Version : Carriers?

skyking26
10-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Who is the best carrier for sales of items that need to be insured for $1-500 that is small as far as expense? I've heard that USPS is actually more $$ after the insurance, etc.?

RK

thomecollector
10-27-2008, 04:36 PM
I've found that Fed Ex is cheaper than USPS , and UPS.

skyking26
10-27-2008, 05:46 PM
I've found that Fed Ex is cheaper than USPS , and UPS.
What about insurance? I sold a $125 ppd. item today (11x14 photo) and want to mail it flat to the buyer vs. in a tube as he bought an 8x10 with it. What would be cheapest way to ship where it is insured too?

momen55
10-27-2008, 06:50 PM
fedex by far. items are insured for $100 automatically. of course, if you want more insurance, you pay more but not very much. in some cases, it is just cents.
mind you, if you are sending anything with glass and they break it, all they pay out is $50. that happened to me.

sox83cubs84
01-08-2011, 01:02 AM
I'm currently seething at FedEx ground. A few days ago the mail carrier told my wife that there was an attempt to deliver packages twice, but it was two doors down. When she informed me of his advice, I assumed it to be the USPS truck that brings large items that the regular carrier can't deliver due to weight or dimensions.

I was wrong.

Today, FedEx Ground sent me a postcard indicating that three attempts were made to deliver a package, and no one was home. I realized that this was the package misdelivered to 1931 Grove (I'm at 1925 Grove).

Now, just how stupid can a driver be to try and deliver the same package to the same wrong address three days in a row? I'm presuming it was addressed correctly, as the postcard notice was addressed correctly.

So now, I've gotta stay home on Monday, when FedEx ground will try again, after being given instructions at to which end of the condo complex I'm in.

This isn't my first problem with the ground service of FedEx and their deliveries. At my old Kenilworth Ave. address, the FedEx ground driver, despite a 24"x18" sign on the outer door instructing the driver to knock on the door, didn't see my sign, which was staring him/her straight in the face, and did the three attempts without once knocking and letting me know he/she was there (if I didn't hear the driver, my dog sure would, and react accordingly).

Is it just me, or is FedEx Ground this ridiculously incompetent elsewhere, as well?

Dave Miedema

trsent
01-08-2011, 04:25 AM
I'm currently seething at FedEx ground. A few days ago the mail carrier told my wife that there was an attempt to deliver packages twice, but it was two doors down. When she informed me of his advice, I assumed it to be the USPS truck that brings large items that the regular carrier can't deliver due to weight or dimensions.

I was wrong.

Today, FedEx Ground sent me a postcard indicating that three attempts were made to deliver a package, and no one was home. I realized that this was the package misdelivered to 1931 Grove (I'm at 1925 Grove).

Now, just how stupid can a driver be to try and deliver the same package to the same wrong address three days in a row? I'm presuming it was addressed correctly, as the postcard notice was addressed correctly.

So now, I've gotta stay home on Monday, when FedEx ground will try again, after being given instructions at to which end of the condo complex I'm in.

This isn't my first problem with the ground service of FedEx and their deliveries. At my old Kenilworth Ave. address, the FedEx ground driver, despite a 24"x18" sign on the outer door instructing the driver to knock on the door, didn't see my sign, which was staring him/her straight in the face, and did the three attempts without once knocking and letting me know he/she was there (if I didn't hear the driver, my dog sure would, and react accordingly).

Is it just me, or is FedEx Ground this ridiculously incompetent elsewhere, as well?

Dave Miedema

Dave, FedEx Home Delivery often uses 3rd party carriers to deliver packages. They often will pay a guy say, $4.00 a package location to deliver at each address.

Maybe someone can explain more about this. I tell you what I remember, is that if a package takes three or more tries to deliver, the driver often is pissed off because they don't get paid until they deliver.

sox83cubs84
01-11-2011, 11:05 PM
My package FINALLY arrived today, apparently slowed down by a driver who is incapable of reading an address off a label.

There is apparently a 1925B address around the corner from me in the courtyard area of our condo building. Despite the label clearly reading "1925 Grove", the driver apparently chose to add a B to the address number that didn't exist. The label clearly stated "1925", and when I caught up with him today, he was trying to deliver it to the wrong address a FOURTH TIME! I pointed out the error he made, but he refused to take responsibility, saying that the company "sent him" to the wrong address.

I'll be shipping the package (authentication item) back via FedEx Express. After this episode and a couple previous ones involving incompetent delivery drivers, I wouldn't trust the Ground side of FedEx to pick out a roll of toilet paper for me, much less handel a parcel I'm shipping.:mad:

Dave Miedema

WadeInBmore
01-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Dave...

Glad to hear that it finally arrived...and that YOU recieved it ;) There is nothing I hate more than that limbo phase where you are simply waiting. And nothing more frustrating than a package that you continue to "just miss" due to someone elses error. How come it always seems that these types of situations happen when its NOT beneficial to you? Why don't errors ever happen in your favor?

Atleast it finally found you (not my item, but still a page turner of a story that I was anxious to read the climax of). Be well.

wade