PDA

View Full Version : Psa Card Question

HENMICK44
10-28-2008, 01:07 AM
I Have A Upper Deck Card Signed By Three Players And I Want To Send It To Get Graded.does Anyone Know If I Have To Pay A One Card Fee Or Do I Have To Pay For Each Autograph On That Card.thanks All. henmick44@optonline.net

kylehess10
10-28-2008, 01:33 AM
You have to have a membership with PSA in order to submit cards to be graded.

trsent
10-28-2008, 04:30 AM
I Have A Upper Deck Card Signed By Three Players And I Want To Send It To Get Graded.does Anyone Know If I Have To Pay A One Card Fee Or Do I Have To Pay For Each Autograph On That Card.thanks All. henmick44@optonline.net

I don't know if you really have to join the club or not, but I would ask questions at www.psacard.com (http://www.psacard.com) and www.psadna.com (http://www.psadna.com) as they are the grading and authenticating company.

I would assume one fee for the card in a holder. It may be a higher fee if the card features Mickey Mantle or similar deceased player with a more desirable autograph.

3arod13
10-28-2008, 06:30 AM

If you're having only the card graded, then one grading card fee.

ndevlin
10-28-2008, 09:54 AM
I know on a baseball, you have to pay for each auto. So if you have a ball with 27 auto's, ouch! Then I think they add on for how old the auto's are.

3arod13
10-28-2008, 09:57 AM
For PSA: You have to join and be a member ($99 a year) in order to have cards graded. If the card is submitted for grading only, you will only be charged to have the card graded. If the card is UDA or an auto insert card, there's no reason to have the signatures authenticated.

For BGS: No membership. Just pay to have the card graded.

David
10-28-2008, 10:26 AM
You don't have to join the club to send in a card to PSA. PSA has a special deal for authenticating baseball cards, and my guess (guess) is you just have to pay the one card fee. Beckett is also a reputable authenticator of autographed cards, as they use James Spence Authentication to examine the autographs. Good luck.

trsent
10-28-2008, 11:57 AM
I know on a baseball, you have to pay for each auto. So if you have a ball with 27 auto's, ouch! Then I think they add on for how old the auto's are.

That is not true. I have team signed balls certified for one fee. I do not know where you were told each autograph had to be authenticated separately. They write one letter for the ball at one flat fee.

HENMICK44
10-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks All .the Card Is A Yankee Ud Signature Series Card With Cone,torre,and Oneill Autographs.don't Think I Need Each Auto Graded Because Its Upper Deck,just The Card It Self,but Thanks For The Info.

otismalibu
10-28-2008, 12:36 PM
I'd get a high res scan and find a board to post if where you might get some grading feedback.
I would assume the appeal to the card is the autos, not so much the condition.
Sure, a PSA 10 could only help, but will a PSA 8 grade make any difference in the final price. I don't know, but the card grading dudes probably would.

3arod13
10-28-2008, 12:59 PM
You don't have to join the club to send in a card to PSA. PSA has a special deal for authenticating baseball cards, and my guess (guess) is you just have to pay the one card fee. Beckett is also a reputable authenticator of autographed cards, as they use James Spence Authentication to examine the autographs. Good luck.

Not true. For getting cards grading, you have to join PSA for $99. For autograph authentication, you don't need to join.

You can send cards to Beckett, without joining for a fee, and have cards graded.

HENMICK44
10-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Regardless I'm Am A Member Of Psa-gold Member.