PDA

View Full Version : Mlb Hologram

yanks12025
10-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Hello
I just got a new bat in and it comes with a mlb hologram on it. But the first two letter are MA and on their site they dont give you the opinion of looking up that number/letter combo. So is their anyway for me to find out when this bat was used. Thanks

emann
01-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Did you ever find out if MA numbered MLB holos can be looked up?

yanks12025
01-11-2009, 05:22 PM
No,
Some body told me it means Mlb Auction.

frikativ54
01-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Perhaps it's not a game-used hologram? IDK but maybe it was a sticker affixed to another MLB item, and tacked onto your "gamer". Just a couple of guesses.

yanks12025
01-11-2009, 06:29 PM
frikativ54,
Thats what i was thinking but it was Mlb customer service that said it was Mlb Auction when i called them up.

jppopma
01-11-2009, 06:33 PM
MLB is horrible at updating their database. My guess is that it may be a new prefix that they have not entered into their search function yet.

David
01-11-2009, 07:06 PM
I don't closely follow the MLB auctions, but most of the bats I see there are game used, game issued, autographed or some obviously special edition thing (ala silver Baltimore Orioles commemorative bat). This means the MA hologram at least narrows things down a bit.

David
01-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Unless it is autographed, I don't think you'll find the MA hologram on a store model. For an unsigned bat that meets player specifications, chances are the MA hologram is on a game used or issued bat.

frikativ54
01-11-2009, 07:45 PM
frikativ54,
Thats what i was thinking but it was Mlb customer service that said it was Mlb Auction when i called them up.

I don't know how much MLB Customer Service actually works with MLB.com Auctions. But from having difficulties with MLB.com Auctions in the past, I know their contact information:

Sally.Tansill@mlb.com

lloyd.ocallaghan@mlb.com

Best of luck figuring out what's going on with your hologram!

markize
01-11-2009, 10:06 PM
I don't know how much MLB Customer Service actually works with MLB.com Auctions. But from having difficulties with MLB.com Auctions in the past

Frik,

I am having some hologram difficulties as well. If you don't mind, what problems did you have, and were they resolved to your satisfaction? Which of the two emails did you contact? Thanks for the help.

Mark

frikativ54
01-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Frik,

I am having some hologram difficulties as well. If you don't mind, what problems did you have, and were they resolved to your satisfaction? Which of the two emails did you contact? Thanks for the help.

Mark

Hey Mark,

Thanks for asking. Last summer, I was looking through Expos clearance items and found a single Astros lineup card left. When I googled it, I found out that it just happened to be from Jeff Bagwell's 2,000th hit game. Of course, I was really excited, since I collect Bagwell almost exclusively. The four game used balls came out just fine. But when I got the lineup card, it wasn't even put into a protective lining that properly fit the card. The envelope came banged up, and the corners were badly bent. I was livid.

I first talked with a couple of Mariners stores (I'm here in the Seattle suburbs), and they gave me a protective case for the card. Luckily, I found a frame at the local frame store where I live, and it obscures any visible signs of damage. But I didn't pay $150 for a badly bent lineup card. So I called the Mariners front office and MLB customer service, and neither of them could directly get to MLB.com Auctions. I finally wrote a couple of complaints through the MLB.com Auctions contact site, and a woman named Sally Tansill got back to me and refunded me $50 and some of the excessive duplicate shipping charges. They said that they are going to change the way they pack the cards.

Try Ms. Tansill first. But the situation seems to be getting better. An Eduardo Perez lineup card from the WBC that I purchased was somehow nowhere in their inventory, and they were very prompt about letting me know and offering me another player, which I declined. I was still unhappy that I couldn't get my Perez lineup card, because he seems like a really nice guy, but I've moved on since it wasn't a Holy Grail item or anything like that.

Good luck resolving your situation. I hope everything works out well, and that you've got a legit item! :)

markize
01-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Frik,

I have no question on the authenticity of the item. I am just unhappy with the way the associated hologram info is recorded in the MLB database. It doesn't even include the players name under the "autographer" heading. Just seems lazy to me. Thanks for the insight though.

Mark