PDA

View Full Version : Arod Or Jeter

HENMICK44
10-30-2008, 09:07 PM
What is more expensive Jeter,or Arod items? HENMICK44@OPTONLINE.NET

jetersbatboy
10-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Steiner, make Jeter items far more costly.

bigtruck260
10-31-2008, 12:16 AM
Henmick -

The search function in this forum would really benefit you...most of the questions you have been asking can be answered with very little research. You can also browse eBay for current sale prices - as well as completed auctions.

That being said, after doing a little research, I found that A-Rod bats seem to be more plentiful...and although his milestones are creating inflated prices right now - Jeter stuff is slightly higher...without the milestones. The demand created by Yankee fans with deep pockets and a need for provenance is simply amazing. I have also noticed that Jeter bats are 99% cracked and many are simply battered to He!!.

HENMICK44
10-31-2008, 03:49 AM
Alot Of People I Talk To That Have Dealings With Arod Say He's A #@$% , Can Anyone Confirm.jeter Seems To Be A Genuine Guy But I've Seen Them Both Including Alot Of Other Yankees(not All) Mariano,and Damon I Know Are Really Good Guys Couldn't Be Bothered By Request From Fans(autos,pics,etc). I Remember The Yankees Of The 90's(tino,oneill,brosius,bernie,wells,cone) Always Taking A Break To Make Fans Happy-not So Much Anymore.i Know Its Off The Subject But What Do You Guys Think-yankees Or Others?

karamaxjoe
10-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Can't this forum go at least one day without mentioning Arod? I believe baseball has about 700 current other guys you can collect and not to mention a full encyclopedia of former guys begging to be collected.

That being said, one guy has four rings and the other guy has zip. I'm pretty sure who's bat I'd rather have.

3arod13
11-01-2008, 08:55 AM
Can't this forum go at least one day without mentioning Arod? I believe baseball has about 700 current other guys you can collect and not to mention a full encyclopedia of former guys begging to be collected.

That being said, one guy has four rings and the other guy has zip. I'm pretty sure who's bat I'd rather have.

A team wins a World Series, not one player

Funny you say who's bat. Compare Arod and Jeters career numbers

karamaxjoe
11-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Hey Tony,
You might say that's my non east coast bias showing through on the forum. Arod's a great player and he'll have the best career numbers, that's a given. He's also become the tabloid king of baseball. Jason Varitek just got a divorce also and you barely heard anything about it. Also, if you type arod into the forum search engine, he's mentioned nearly every single day. I guess that's a true guage of how much he's ingrained into this forum.

Until he leads his team to a championship, his career will be defined by that. He's got about 8 to 10 years left and I suspect he'll find a way to get a ring.

With that being said, if someone offered me a free Jeter or Arod bat, I'd take the Jeter since his legacy is already written in stone.

AWA85
11-01-2008, 11:22 AM
I would take the AROD bat :D, but that is just me. ARODS numbers will just be unthinkable when he is all done.

jetersbatboy
11-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Speaking as a Yankees fan, rather then a Jeter. Derek is the far more disierable player. They numbers fall with Arod, but history is with Jeter. As a child all Jeter wanted to do is play for the Yankees. He has bin a Yankee from day one, he is the captin, has four rings and has proven to be winner.

3arod13
11-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Speaking as a Yankees fan, rather then a Jeter. Derek is the far more disierable player. They numbers fall with Arod, but history is with Jeter. As a child all Jeter wanted to do is play for the Yankees. He has bin a Yankee from day one, he is the captin, has four rings and has proven to be winner.

Having rings doesn't make you a proven or great player. There are many players with 3 and 4 rings (basketball, baseball, etc.) who were just on good teams. Some of them won't even get into the hall of fame with those rings.

I like Jeter. I just believe if he never played for the Yankees, he would be considered just an average shortstop, based on his career numbers.

Just my opinion.

Regards, Tony

jetersbatboy
11-01-2008, 03:00 PM
In all Pro sports winning is everything, having great career numbers is nice but if you dont have a ring you have accomplished nothing. All athletes play for one thing to be the best not in the sense of numbers but championships. your comment about if Jeter played for another team besides the yankees he would be average, maybe, but he doesn't. If your thinking on this is correct Bill Russell would be a just above a avg. NBA center. His carer numbers are avg. a .440 Fg%, a .561 FT% 15.1 Pts per game. But he a winner 11 rings say's it all. He maybe there greatest team player in any sport. Jeter is a team player who help teams win. IMHO

kellsox
11-01-2008, 03:07 PM
AROD=the Dan Marino of MLB. All #s, no rings.
Jeter is far from an "average shortstop" even if he played for another team.
.315 career average and 2500+ hits?

jetersbatboy
11-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Jeter's post season numbers,
48 RBI's 17 HR .308 BA.

post season stats with Arod as a Yankee

16 RBI's 4 HR .297 BA.

Arod's post season numbers
17 RBI's 7 HR .279 BA.

Arod post season numbers as a Yankee

9 RBI's 4HR .244 BA.

joelsabi
11-01-2008, 03:31 PM
playing for the bling bling

Bondsgloves
11-01-2008, 03:34 PM
I think this all comes down to supply and demand.

AROD flooded the market with game used bats, at anytime you can find an AROD bat for sale. Jeter's bats are a little more scarce. The volume of AROD backs on the market are a joke.

No doubt AROD is a much better player than Jeter, end of discussion. Jeter has played his entire career in New York and has had a ton of media attention. Jeter had the benfit of being in a lineup of good players. Put Jeter on any other team, he's just a good ballplayer not a great ballplayer.

joelsabi
11-01-2008, 03:37 PM
playing for the bling bling

jetersbatboy
11-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Jeter and Arod are in the same line up!!!! BUT look at the post season numbers whos the better player then. Its all about the rings Jeter 4, Arod Zero.

3arod13
11-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Jeter has 4 rings. Don Mattingly had none. Don Mattingly is and always will be a better Yankee than Jeter in my eyes!

3arod13
11-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Jeter's post season numbers,
48 RBI's 17 HR .308 BA.

post season stats with Arod as a Yankee

16 RBI's 4 HR .297 BA.

Arod's post season numbers
17 RBI's 7 HR .279 BA.

Arod post season numbers as a Yankee

9 RBI's 4HR .244 BA.

I love it when people love to ping on just the post season numbers. Makes me laugh

jetersbatboy
11-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Arod=Barry Bonds
ONLY NUMBERS!

kellsox
11-01-2008, 04:15 PM
A coach once said , "'You play to win the game". That's the goal in sports. The ultimate goal is to be part of a championship team. To "laugh" at postseason stats/success is shortsighted. I wonder if you would think differently if your boy had won something.

3arod13
11-01-2008, 04:16 PM
Boy, you Jeter lovers are so sensitive. Ok, he's gods gift to baseball. There, is that better?

kellsox
11-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Arod can always ask Papi to borrow 1

3arod13
11-01-2008, 04:20 PM
There's a good reason why Jeters peers voted him the most overrated player. Not just my opinion.

jetersbatboy
11-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Yea, thats because they only asked the 96 and 99 braves the 98 Padres and the 2000 Mets

3arod13
11-01-2008, 04:27 PM
When it's all said and done. Both will be in the Hall of Fame.

jetersbatboy
11-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Agreed....lets Go Yankees!!!!!

HENMICK44
11-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Would A Paul Oneill Reds Game Used Jersey Be Equal To A Arod Game Used Rangers Bat Be Equal,cause I Can't Find An Oneill Jersey Anywhere And Already Have An Arod Bat?

karamaxjoe
11-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Would A Paul Oneill Reds Game Used Jersey Be Equal To A Arod Game Used Rangers Bat Be Equal,cause I Can't Find An Oneill Jersey Anywhere And Already Have An Arod Bat?

What?????.............is that a riddle or are you on something?

cigarman44
11-01-2008, 11:15 PM
What?????.............is that a riddle or are you on something?

:D

panthrotc
11-02-2008, 01:21 AM
Having rings doesn't make you a proven or great player. There are many players with 3 and 4 rings (basketball, baseball, etc.) who were just on good teams. Some of them won't even get into the hall of fame with those rings.

I like Jeter. I just believe if he never played for the Yankees, he would be considered just an average shortstop, based on his career numbers.

Just my opinion.

Regards, Tony

And if mickey mantle played his whole career with boston redsox he would not be regarded as the legend in pinstripes and all the aura that surrounds him. But that is not the way History is. History is that Jeter , came up with alot of huge clutch hits that sparked rallys during the dynasty that became the yankees from 96-00. History is that he has 4 rings. History will show he will end up as ALL TIME hits leader for the yankees. And with all the history talk, no yankee has ever attained 3,000 hits. If Joe Montana did not have Jerry Rice. If Bob Cousy did not have Bill Russell. If Bellichick did not have Brady. IF is a word you should use in sports history. Derek Jeter has hit in the clutch playing in the biggest spotlight of the sports world. And he did it in the post season in NY, where sports IS the only thing that matters, AROD will never perform in the clutch the way Jeter has. With all the baseball players that have played years worth of games in the post season, Derek Jeter has the most hits. That is a fact. I hate it when "IF's" are brought up with Jeter conversations. I am a Yankees hater. But i am a Jeter fan. Why? because i know greatness when i see it. Derek Jeter and AROD are both HOF'ers. But AROD and Jeter are miles and miles away from each other when it comes to hitting in clutch situations. And hitting in clutch situations makes you a great player.

harpt
11-02-2008, 08:18 PM
And hitting in clutch situations makes you a great player.

I have to agree. This argument is true even when it comes to "greatest of all time" type of guys. Michael Jordan was extremely gifted and had the physical tools to be among the best. He is widely considered the greatest ever, however, because he never missed that last shot. He was biggest in big games.

There are plenty of other players (in my opinion) who had/have as much talent as Michael...none of them were/are the same caliber of winner though. And Yes...he did have Scotty.

BULBUS
11-03-2008, 09:39 AM
And if mickey mantle played his whole career with boston redsox he would not be regarded as the legend in pinstripes and all the aura that surrounds him. But that is not the way History is. History is that Jeter , came up with alot of huge clutch hits that sparked rallys during the dynasty that became the yankees from 96-00. History is that he has 4 rings. History will show he will end up as ALL TIME hits leader for the yankees. And with all the history talk, no yankee has ever attained 3,000 hits. If Joe Montana did not have Jerry Rice. If Bob Cousy did not have Bill Russell. If Bellichick did not have Brady. IF is a word you should use in sports history. Derek Jeter has hit in the clutch playing in the biggest spotlight of the sports world. And he did it in the post season in NY, where sports IS the only thing that matters, AROD will never perform in the clutch the way Jeter has. With all the baseball players that have played years worth of games in the post season, Derek Jeter has the most hits. That is a fact. I hate it when "IF's" are brought up with Jeter conversations. I am a Yankees hater. But i am a Jeter fan. Why? because i know greatness when i see it. Derek Jeter and AROD are both HOF'ers. But AROD and Jeter are miles and miles away from each other when it comes to hitting in clutch situations. And hitting in clutch situations makes you a great player.

Well said. AROD may have more talent, but someone like Jeter is the guy everyone would want on their TEAM.

3arod13
11-03-2008, 11:26 AM
AROD may have more talent, but someone like Jeter is the guy everyone would want on their TEAM.

That's funny. Nice guy over talent. Hope you don't own your own business.

Dewey2007
11-03-2008, 12:36 PM
I don't like either player but after seeing the new Guitar Heroes commercial with Arod in it playing guitar in his boxers I would definitely have to say Jeter.

For one, you would never see Jeter in a stupid commercial like that. He's the captain of the Yankees for a reason. He's got 4 rings, he gets big hits in the postseason, he's going to get 3,000 hits which no other Yankee has ever done and he's done it all in the media capital of the world. Like Old Blue Eyes said "If you can make it here you can make it anywhere" so Jeter would have been a star on any other team too.

BULBUS
11-03-2008, 02:16 PM
That's funny. Nice guy over talent. Hope you don't own your own business.

Who said anything about Jeter being a "nice guy"????? I guess I should have been more specific.

AROD may have more talent, but someone like Jeter with talent, leadership, heart, performs in the clutch, knows what and when to say something, is the guy everyone would want on their team.

jetersbatboy
11-04-2008, 02:40 AM
Jeter is CLUTCH!!!!!! Being able to produce in the moment that its needed is greatness. Arod maybe the best statistical baseball player when its all said and done, but he needs his defining moment. Jeter has about 10 of those.

kellsox
11-04-2008, 08:00 AM
Jeter is CLUTCH!!!!!! Being able to produce in the moment that its needed is greatness. Arod maybe the best statistical baseball player when its all said and done, but he needs his defining moment. Jeter has about 10 of those.

Can't believe you forgot these defining moments...

AWA85
11-04-2008, 09:48 AM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/11042008/sports/yankees/worst_fielder_in_majors_136772.htm

I wouldn't read this Jeter fans, you guys seem as sensitive as Arod :D

Yankwood
11-04-2008, 10:20 AM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/11042008/sports/yankees/worst_fielder_in_majors_136772.htm

I wouldn't read this Jeter fans, you guys seem as sensitive as Arod :DNumbers run amok. There is no way that any team can win multiple championships with the WORST fielder in baseball at SS. Any Strat-O-Matic player can tell you that........

3arod13
11-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Let's end this madness. They are both great players and future Hall of Famers. There's no question, Jeter is well-liked more than Arod.

Ready for next season!!!!

3arod13
11-04-2008, 10:54 AM
What is more expensive Jeter,or Arod items? HENMICK44@OPTONLINE.NET

Arod items. The market is flooded with Arod stuff. Personally, I think many of the high prices are ridiculous.

Yankwood
11-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Arod items. The market is flooded with Arod stuff. Personally, I think many of the high prices are ridiculous.?---If the market is flooded with Arod items, then why are they more expensive? And on a further note, the Arod, Jeter debate will never end. It's not a bad thing. It gives us something to talk about in the off-season. My father, father-in-law and uncles still argue Ted Williams or DiMaggio. Their fathers argued Cobb or Ruth... When I was a kid, we argued Mays or Mantle. I think it's great as long as it doesn't get mean. It's like arguing Cadillac or Lincoln. Alot of personal preference. This isn't a Chevy Vega or AMC Pacer kind of argument. Everyone who says either one is overrated or sucks would take them on their team in a heartbeat, in spite of what they say...

3arod13
11-04-2008, 11:35 AM
?---If the market is flooded with Arod items, then why are they more expensive? And on a further note, the Arod, Jeter debate will never end. It's not a bad thing. It gives us something to talk about in the off-season. My father, father-in-law and uncles still argue Ted Williams or DiMaggio. Their fathers argued Cobb or Ruth... When I was a kid, we argued Mays or Mantle. I think it's great as long as it doesn't get mean. It's like arguing Cadillac or Lincoln. Alot of personal preference. This isn't a Chevy Vega or AMC Pacer kind of argument. Everyone who says either one is overrated or sucks would take them on their team in a heartbeat, in spite of what they say...

Those arguements I can understand. But comparing Jeter to Arod? Com'on. Not even close.

cjclong
11-07-2008, 12:08 PM
3arod13, I'm a little disappointed. You and I have both taken up for ARod at times when other people were knocking him. I know what you think of ARod, but that does not make Jeter overrated. Seems you are doing the same thing by tearing Jeter down that you don't like people doing to ARod. Sure ARod will probably have hitting numbers Jeter will not match, at least as far as homeruns are concerned. Would the Yankees have gone to and won the four World Series without Jeter. Some of them possibly, all of them doubtful. Jeter is a solid player who gets the job done and has played better under pressure than ARod. Was Mattingly a better player than Jeter. More power, and maybe at the peak of his career a better hitter. But how do you compare a very good hitting shortstop with a guy who can only play first base. In my mind the shortstop, because of the limited number of people who can play the postion , gets the vote as best player.

Danny899
11-07-2008, 01:21 PM
3arod13, I'm a little disappointed. You and I have both taken up for ARod at times when other people were knocking him. I know what you think of ARod, but that does not make Jeter overrated. Seems you are doing the same thing by tearing Jeter down that you don't like people doing to ARod. Sure ARod will probably have hitting numbers Jeter will not match, at least as far as homeruns are concerned. Would the Yankees have gone to and won the four World Series without Jeter. Some of them possibly, all of them doubtful. Jeter is a solid player who gets the job done and has played better under pressure than ARod. Was Mattingly a better player than Jeter. More power, and maybe at the peak of his career a better hitter. But how do you compare a very good hitting shortstop with a guy who can only play first base. In my mind the shortstop, because of the limited number of people who can play the postion , gets the vote as best player.

Arod was a shortstop.

cjclong
11-07-2008, 02:37 PM
I was comparing Mattingly and Jeter. Not Jeter and ARod.

3arod13
11-07-2008, 07:10 PM

I think Arod gets a bad rap. He is a dedicated and hard working player who loves the game. I seem him out on the field trying to be the best player and teammate he can be. It's the media that portrays him in a negative way. Also, it's many who are jealous of his ability and the money he makes. As far as I'm concerned, get over it.

I have always said I like Jeter. But I can assure you, if he didn't start out as a Yankee, he would not be made out to be as great as many make it out to be today. Yes, Jeter is a good hitter and shortstop. Yes he has proven to be a clutch hitter. But put him with another team, he'd be consider a good shortstop. Many shortstops have produced better numbers than Jeter. Also, the media has always made him out to be a good guy (which he is), so he didn't have the stuff to deal with like players like Arod (Negative media)

I don't see anything in Arod that shows me he is what many try to make him out to be. He loves baseball and he plays like it every day. He may not have proven himself in the postseason, but his career isn't over yet.

Arod will go down in baseball history as one of the best. Jeter will go down in Yankee history as one of the best. A big difference when you compare Jeter to Arod..

Regards, Tony