PDA

View Full Version : i miss baseball!!

Fnazxc0114
10-31-2008, 06:39 PM
anyone else get depressed when the baseball season is over? my rangers were horrible as usual, and i cant find any g/u stuff that i really want, plus all the stuff i wanted i forgot to put snipes in. i need to find another hobby. i hunt and fish but its not the same as finding the one piece of g/u that i am looking for.

AWA85
10-31-2008, 07:43 PM
Yes..... this time of the year is tough. Right now I rely on MLBtraderumors and following some of the Reds minor league players in the other off season leagues. Seems like some of the GU stuff has died down a bet, but hopefully there is an increase on the market after Redsfest.

If it wasn't for college football, I would be completely lost right now. GO HUSKERS! Pulling the upset this weekend. :D

jetersbatboy
10-31-2008, 07:55 PM
We still got baseball in Hawaii. Hawaii winter league is going on right now and will end in a couple of weeks. There are some really good prospect playing, the highest rated has to Buster Posey, and the Yankees 6-10 pitcher Braxton... Well when winter league ends ill miss baseball. But the end of a season always brings hope for next, LETS GO YANKS!!!!!!

Vintagedeputy
10-31-2008, 08:12 PM
I miss baseball too.

Thank goodness I have a Super Bowl Champion football team with an outstanding record on their way to another playoff spot.....otherwise life would really suck.

shoremen44
10-31-2008, 08:22 PM
The O's sucked again... and I still miss seeing them play... Good thing my 2 year old is a wicked switch hitter... we'll be hitting balls right up to spring training

Lokee
10-31-2008, 08:25 PM
I live in Seattle and am a HUGE Red Sox fan have been since 1986 (GREAT year to become a fan LOL) anyways I subscribe to the Baseball Package on Direct-TV and very much miss the games. Oh well the wait will be over in a few months plus as mentioned above we get to hear and read about all the trade rumors and free agent signings.I still have my PSP with MLB-09 to play thank god.

karamaxjoe
10-31-2008, 09:06 PM
Don't worry, we'll have the MLB Network very soon:

MLB Network set to launch on Jan. 1, 2009

Projected to launch in approximately 50 million cable and satellite homes on January 1, 2009, MLB Network will be the largest and most successful debut in cable television history, exceeding any other cable television launch by approximately 20 million. With live games, original programming, highlights, classic games, and coverage of baseball events, MLB Network will be the ultimate television destination for baseball fans.

bigtruck260
11-01-2008, 01:33 AM
You bet!

Luckily, I have a boxing hobby that keeps me quite busy year round. Boxing has been my passion for many years - and although many fights in the 70's and 80's (Tyson) were probably staged, the current crop of boxers are terrific to cover - especially in STL where we have 3-4 true contenders for belts. If you enjoy reading about boxing, check out my site... www.sefisticuffs.com (http://www.sefisticuffs.com)

boardburn
11-01-2008, 01:47 AM
No worries... Hockey season is off and running! GO OILERS!

geoff
11-01-2008, 02:40 AM
I love Baseball and miss it during the Off Season.I also love tracking Free Agency and Trades during the Off Season.

panthrotc
11-01-2008, 03:01 AM
I feel your pain. My a's stunk as usual. And there is no McGwire surfacing that i want. I miss baseball already. Hopefully i can pick up some high priced Longoria stuff for a lot less in the offseason.

island_style
11-01-2008, 06:17 AM
Thank goodness we have Hawaii Winter League baseball for the next couple of weeks. It's so good to hear the sound of a wood bat instead of the "ping" of composite bats from the college team. Rumor has it that this will be the last year for the HWL (again, after a several year hiatus when future MLB players like Ichiro and Helton played here). Other than the NFL Pro Bowl, HWL is the last link to major professional sports here. And, this next Pro Bowl here at Aloha Stadium could be the last one.

I agree it's depressing that the MLB baseball season is over. My Dodgers got Furcal'd in game five of the NLCS (amongst other reasons). Oh well, I still have the Clippers NBA season to look forward to. (sigh)

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

3arod13
11-01-2008, 08:36 AM
I hate when the season is over! I could watch baseball year around.

twins14
11-01-2008, 09:11 AM
I already miss it as well. I have been making visits to the websites and the Pro Shops to fill some of the void. For 5 months baseball was the largest component of my social life.

My Twins were surprisingly good even after dealing Hunter and Santana. We have a great young starting staff but need to add a little punch in the hitting line up.

This will be our last year in the Dome. I am the one guy that can say with a straight face that I love the Dome.

scottanservitz
11-01-2008, 10:07 AM
I love baseball too, my Tribe ended up .500 ball after a horrid start. Looking forward to next season. I love college football and NFL ball with fantasy to play. I guess since I played football and baseball those are the two I follow and that covers just about the whole year except from mid Jan. to early April. Till next season....

AWA85
11-01-2008, 11:13 AM
You can tell baseball is missed when people turn to hockey and the Clippers?!?!?

Just kidding with you guys :D

FastLane80
11-01-2008, 12:18 PM
My Twins were surprisingly good even after dealing Hunter and Santana. We have a great young starting staff but need to add a little punch in the hitting line up.My good friend's brother was one of their September call-ups (Jason Pridie) and it was fun watching him.

My Dodgers were a lot of fun to watch even before Manny. The off season should be exciting and I can't wait till February when the come to Glendale for Spring Training! :D I live maybe 15 minutes away from there.

Until then, I will continue to watch the my Raiders lose (but they're getting better) and I'm going to try to watch hockey for the first time since the mid-90s.

BMH
11-01-2008, 04:35 PM
I guess I'm the only one on the board that celebrates the end of the season...

Time to relax, work on R&D projects and use up my four weeks of vacation.

70to66
11-01-2008, 06:34 PM
BMH I'll trade you jobs any day! I bet it is a grind, but a good one.
70to66

ironmanfan
11-01-2008, 08:24 PM
How many days until pitchers/catchers report?

AWA85
11-01-2008, 08:57 PM
After watching my Huskers get rolled tonight, I think I am going to run out of Coors before the game is over. Baseball needs to come back quick, maybe the Reds will make a big move like resigning David Weathers or picking up Mark Kotsay hahah.

chakes89
11-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Dennys Reyes here we come

:eek:

AWA85
11-02-2008, 09:15 PM
HAHA... I think we are reading some of the same Reds message boards. I wouldn't mind Reyes, but who knows what is going to happen this winter with the Reds.

chakes89
11-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Redszone all the way man

jetersbatboy
12-08-2008, 10:16 PM
HOW MANY DAYS TILL PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

island_style
12-10-2008, 05:06 AM
For you local Oahu baseball guys:

Shane Victorino (Maui, Phillies, Padres), Kila Ka'aihue (Oahu, Royals call-up this past season) and Tyler Yates (Kauai, Braves, Pirates) will be doing a baseball clinic on 12/10 at Patsy Mink Central Park (I think) in Waipio. Maybe you can go down and score some autographs.

Last year Victorino did the clinic, as well. The Sardinha Brothers, Dane (Tigers, Reds), Bronson (Yankees at the time) and Duke (Rockies organization) were supposed to show up. Bronson got released by the Yankees before the clinic (after being on the 2007 playoff roster) and apparently decided not to show up. His brothers did not, either. I was bummed because I have several of their game used items that I was hoping to get signed! Victorino was less than cordial, and I am hoping that his recent World Series experience has changed him for the better.

I won't be able to make it, but I hope that you walk away with great experiences on meeting some local Hawaii guys who have played professional baseball.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

godwulf
12-10-2008, 10:44 AM
As usual, I took two weeks' vacation in November and went to as many Arizona Fall League games as I could. I managed to field fifteen foul balls (a single season best for me! :rolleyes: ) and got them all signed by the players who hit them. That was fun...but the season ended in late November, and now I'm jonesing, big time.

I go through the Sports section every morning, looking for Baseball news; some mornings, there's not a word - others, it's just another story about how the DBacks are still looking for a second baseman and a left-handed reliever. Somebody else signed with another team, somebody else declared free agency. :cool:

I have zero interest in other sports. I called my cable company and had them add another tier of channels to my lineup because the TiVo guide listed Dominican Baseball games...but when I went to watch them, the local cable provider was showing soccer - soccer! - instead, so I called the cable folks up and had them scrap that tier. Feh.

This is Arizona. With our climate, we should have Baseball year-round here. Two-and-a-half, three months without it - unacceptable.

jetersbatboy
12-20-2009, 01:00 PM
I miss Baseball!:(

gingi79
12-20-2009, 02:35 PM
I normally find the time between when my Braves and Blue Jays stop playing until Pitchers and Catchers report to be a good time to reflect on why they didn't win, yet again. This year without Halladay coupled with last years Rios trade and rumors of Wells possibly being traded, I can only hope they win 60 games. With this being Booby Cox's last season (and perhaps Chippers) the end of the 90's era will be forthcoming this season as well. *sigh perhaps I only have to wait 15 years before another Golden Age in Toronto and Atlanta.

I have MLB Network but they seem to play the same 10 games (Mostly All Star and random highlight games) I'd love to see the Sid Bream game again or Joe Carter end Mitch Williams career (That was a great Series, not only did my Jays win, they beat the hated Phillies)

Now if only my Canucks could find a way to be unbeatable on the road or the Dolphins could pull an upset of biblical proportions and I'll be able to forget how middle of the pack my baseball teams will be next year.

ironmanfan
12-20-2009, 04:48 PM
I heard on XM 175 this afternoon that Opening Day is in 106 days!

Fnazxc0114
12-20-2009, 11:01 PM
I miss baseball too, just as bad as i did when i started this thread.

xpress34
12-20-2009, 11:57 PM
I miss baseball too, just as bad as i did when i started this thread.

Hey ya... thought I'd just ask if you're interested in any GU items of the Rangers new Hitting Coach?

I have (from the Rockies) a GU/AU Hurdle Hat, GU/AU Locker Plate, and an AU 5x7 B&W...

I also have a GU/AU (twice!) 70's/80's Hurdle LVS from his playing days. I'd make a great package deal on the lot...

- Chris