PDA

View Full Version : eBay Scam Warning

jetersbatboy
11-05-2008, 07:30 PM
After selling a few items on eBay, I sent out invoice threw paypal.
I then received a email from the buyer stating "Why are you requesting a wire transfer to england". Apparently someone is watching ending auctions trying to get the buyer to pay them for the item by wire transfer claiming they are the seller of the item.....Beware the email are very convincing and look very legit, they have all the characteristics of a real eBay email!!!!!!!:mad:

jetersbatboy
11-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Heres a copy of the email, it has all the bells and whistle ebay heading, paypal logo, and everything else. I cant seem to post the email the way it looks. But you guys get it.....

Congratulations, the item is yours. Please arrange the payment now!

eBay sent this message at toolsnsports (atubes@foxmail.com) request. Responses sent using email will go to the eBay member directly and will include your email address.

Details for item number:
Item:

Congratulations! You won the following item:

Sale Price: US
Quantity: 1
Message from the Seller

Dear

For the moment I am unable to receive payment via PayPal.

Please contact me at atubes@foxmail.com to talk about the payment for 290270908715 so I can send you the right ebay invoice.

Again, do not use PayPal or any form of payment before contacting me.

Thank you,
toolsnsports
If you have any questions about payment please contact the seller at this email : atubes@foxmail.com or reply to this message.

Thank you for using eBay!
http://www.ebay.com/

buc
11-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Had that happen to me a couple of times as well, and had one buyer very mad because he fell for it. I started making all my auctions private after that. Just not worth the headache.