Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jake33
    • Nov 2005

My Tampa Bay DeviL Rays Museum

I have been collecitng rays gmae used items for nearly a decade now and here is a sampling of my tampa bay rays game used collection. I wanted to have a sampling of every style of everything the players have used, a bat, hat, helmet, pants, batting helmet, gloves, jerseys, pants, cleats, etc. I cannot begin to tell you the amount of research, time and hours that has gone into collecting these items. Below is my display case of all the non-jersey items. I have a few items in the mail right now that Will be added... I am trying to get an autographed practice or game used OMLB baseball the I myself got signed in person by the user of the batting helmet and an autographed card that is either certifide from a card company of that I got in person (preferably a game used card too)

STILL WORKING on this case, hoping to fill it gracefully and NOT CRAMMED in like junk.

The items in the case are as follows from top left to right then down row by row.

Steve Cox - 2001 and 2002 game used autographed batting helmet (usa sticker removed on the helmet) HEAVY gmae use, with 2000 bowman certifide autographed cox card

Eric Hinske autographed 2008 game used fielding glove

Eric Hinske - autographed game used 2008 batting helmet MLB certifide from may 2008 vs. yankees (hinske went 1 for 3 in the game w/ RBI)
    Next to the hinske card is a game used jersey/glove/shoe card that I got signed by hinske at fan fest 2008)

NEXT ROW

DAVE Martinez 1998 and 1999 game used autographed abtting helmet w/ heavy use, POSSIBLY the helmet worn to get the first hit in DEVIL RAYS HISTORY, next to 1987 donruss autographed RC of dave signed this year at spring training

Josh PAUL 2006 game used REVOLUTION STYLE batting helemt autograhed and MLB certfide (thanks camarokids for the trade) very good game use, underneath helmet is a autographed practice used baseball by Josh Paul, and off to the right is an autographed game used bat card of JOSH PAUL obatined in person

CARLOS PENA - 2008 game used jax. red caps throwback batting helmet (carlos went 1 for 6 in the game vs. pirates on 6.28.,08) mlb certifide, autographed, underneath the helmet is an autogrpahed pena baseball obtained in person, off to the right is an autographed (obtained in person) carlos pena game used jersey/batting helmet/base card from futures game-

Tomas PEREZ - (far right and partially blocked in the pic) 2006 tampa tarpons game issued batting helemt autopgrahed and mlb certifide, practide usd ball of tomas from 2008 astros vs. rays Spring training game, tomas threw me the ball (I was wearing a game sued jersey of his) then signed it!

RUSSELL BRANYAN (2nd all time favorite RAYS player) 2006 game used tampa tarpons batting helmet - russell went 0 for 3 in the game w/ a walk, autographed mlb certifide, underneath helmet is a signed baseball fro 2006 game from rays vs. twins, on the right is a game used jersey/bat card from 2001 Upperdeck that is autogrpahed

Eric Hinske - St. pete pelicans game used batting helmet from 6.21.08 game vs. astros, eric had a pinch hit and scored winning 9th inning walk off run in the game, under the helmet is autographed ball of eric, off to the right is a game used jersey/glove/shoe/batting glove card numbered 1/90 - signed in person

Carl Crawford - 2007 game used batting helmet worn vs. dodgers in june 2007 carl had a hit and RBI sac fly in the game, autographed, signed baseball in person underneath, off to the right is a dual jersye card cert. autograph

JAmes Shields - 2008 game used batting helmet worn vs. pirates in june of 2008, james was a PINCH HITTER and reach on an error - RARE pitcher batting helmet! undeneath auto'd ball and jersey card both received in person

NEXT ROW

Scott Cursi - game used catcher's helmet autgraphed from 2006 tarpons game

Jason BArtlett - 2008 game used hat, autographed - bought from ESM
    Chad orvella 2005 game worn hat - autographed, bought from Lockeroom Memorabilia

Eric Hinske - signed 2008 game used hat, HEAVY USE

Next row

Hinske - game used pelicans pants mlb certifide, with 2 game used cards that are autographed on top of the pants

James SHields - game worn jax red caps pants worn vs. pirates w/ autogrpahed 1 ever playoff ticket of shields, wheeler, jp howell and balfour all the pitcher who pitched in the game

Carlos pena 2008 game used pants - autogrpahed mlb.com certifide worn vs. pirates in throwback game

BOTTOM ROW
    Game used base from 7.4.04 rays vs. amrlins, rays lost 3-4, signed in person by rocco baldelli who went 2 for 4 that day, signed in person at fan fest, mlb coa

Tampa BAy rays fan hall of fame trophy awarded to myself in february 2008

Shawn Riggans mlb certifide game used abt w/ rays LOA, used in game s. yankees when shawn hit a home run

Travis lee game worn hat from tarpons throwback game in 2006, his pants from the game are in the mail and will go under the hat.

• MUSEOVEN
    • Aug 2007

Re: My Tampa Bay DeviL Rays Museum

Hello Can You Post A Much Bigger Photos?.. Thanks And Congratulations

Comment

• jake33
      • Nov 2005

Comment

• jake33
        • Nov 2005

Comment

• camarokids
          • Jun 2006

here's a few matches to the Josh Paul helmet...

Click image for larger version

Name:	joshpaul1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	647500

Click image for larger version

Name:	joshpaul2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	647501
          Thank you,
          David

This is my email address here!
          dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• AWA85
            • Jan 2008

Is the little lady for sale or trade???

Very nice helmet collection by the way!
            Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• jake33
              • Nov 2005

I accidentally loaded up a pic of my fiance charlotte and myself. I am already saving up for the rays 2009 throwabck helmet(s)

Jake

Comment

• Sincityson
                • Oct 2006

Nice display!

By the way, would you ahve any insight on any Devil Rays Rich Butler items? He played with the Tams in 1998 & 99
                Following Game Used/Worn auctions and team sales: www.twitter.com/gameused

Comment

• jake33
                  • Nov 2005

hartel sports had a butler a while ago...

Comment

• Elite
                    • Jul 2006

Jake,

If you need any 08 world series items we met with Bartlett/Zobrist/Balfour and got some great items from all players. Contact me if you have interest Scot@elite-sports-marketing.com

Comment

• allstarsplus
                      • Nov 2005

I just got some Rocco Baldelli game used batting gloves, arm bands w/ #5, and signed Easton bat he used in the Minors.

Also got John Jaso catcher's equipment.
                      Regards,
                      Andrew Lang
                      AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                      202-716-8500

Comment

• evanlongoria3
                        • Nov 2008

Cool collection. I have quite a few Rays GU items myself. I bought the Evan Longoria St. Pete Pelicans jersey and his pink Mother's Day GU bat. I started my GU collection with Barry Bonds items but that is quickly changing to Rays stuff....I need a bigger room to display it all!

Comment

• B1SON
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by jake33
                          I accidentally loaded up a pic of my fiance charlotte and myself. I am already saving up for the rays 2009 throwabck helmet(s)

Jake
                          WOW! Congratulations on that one, she's gorgoes!
                          Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
                          sigpic

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Comment

• jake33
                            • Nov 2005

I bought 2 identical cases at haverty's in tampa on clearance for $400 a piece orignally $975 a piece, both had very minor flaws, one case is for bucs the other for rays, yes shelves are adjustible

Comment

• spartakid
                              • Oct 2008

Would you sell the crawford helmet?
                              Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Comment

Working...