PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas...

TFig27
11-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Not sure if anyone has taken advantage of this, but I figured it can help you save some money.

eBay offers a discount if using a buy-it-now through Live search.

Here's the link on the terms:

http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

So, if there's something on eBay with a buy it now price, you can use this and get a great discount.

I just purchased a $500 bat and got 25% off, so it will only end up costing me $375.

I guess they can give you a discount up to 30%. It will tell you how much you are saving before you confirm purchase. You do need to use Paypal and there are some restrictions, so read the terms.

This is my first time doing it, but have heard of it last year.
Good luck and save some money.

Tom

TFig27@aol.com

TFig27
11-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Go to: http://www.live.com/

Then do a search, for example "Game Used"

You will then see an ad on top:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/tfig27/ebaymoney.jpg

When you click that you are taken to ebay.

The thing is, you must search for, buy, and pay for it while using Microsoft Live search engine.

You can then search for what you want. When you go to buy it, it tells you how much discount you are getting.

Hope that helps.

Tom

Sheffield11
11-12-2008, 01:44 AM
Thanks so much for this, this is a great thing that can help us all get through the hollidays. I just used this on a relatively small purchase and got back $17. Now i trust it and will get something larger next time.

PK
11-12-2008, 09:17 AM
They seem to get you a couple of ways here.

Maybe I am reading it wrong but, you have to pay the full amount up front and in 60 days they credit your paypal account after you sign up for both meet the terms and conditions of ebay and Microsoft user agreements.

#2 also says you have to use the rewards of the program as follows:
Additional Redemption Requirements. In addition to the redemption requirements in Program Terms, You must redeem Cashback Rewards obtained as a result of a purchase on www.eBay.com (http://www.ebay.com/) exclusively via your PayPal account.

So basically you have to respend wiht them, you cannot take your money out and spend where you wish, like a car payment or at the mall.

There seems to be more, but I did not read all of the fine print and also did not click on and read the Microsoft agreement

TFig27
11-12-2008, 03:21 PM
The way I understood it was that the money would be in your Microsoft Live cash account. Then it sounded like you can then transfer that to your paypal account.

Has anyone done this before?

steevyniu
11-12-2008, 04:16 PM
yes, this works. I have used it a few times already.

the items need to be fixed price or 'buy it nows'

after the purchase, you get an e-mail in your ebay inbox to collect the cash. You click through it and it brings you to the Live.com site. Then you either login or create an account. After a few days the cashback will show as pending and in a few months it is posted to your acocunt. you can then have it transferred to Paypal and from there you can withdraw it tou your checking account.

when it first came out, there were numerous problems with people not having their cashback show in their accounts. however it appears to have improved over the last few weeks.

gameu08
11-12-2008, 04:18 PM
yes, this works. I have used it a few times already.

the items need to be fixed price or 'buy it nows'

after the purchase, you get an e-mail in your ebay inbox to collect the cash. You click through it and it brings you to the Live.com site. Then you either login or create an account. After a few days the cashback will show as pending and in a few months it is posted to your acocunt. you can then have it transferred to Paypal and from there you can withdraw it tou your checking account.

when it first came out, there were numerous problems with people not having their cashback show in their accounts. however it appears to have improved over the last few weeks.

how do you become eligible and does it work on best offers?

steevyniu
11-13-2008, 10:12 AM
how do you become eligible and does it work on best offers?

Not sure about best offers.....I doubt it though.

Everyone is eligible. All you need is a ebay account and then sign up for a Live cashback account.

maccamania
11-13-2008, 02:25 PM
It works for sure, but it has to be a "buy it now" nothing else and you wait around 75 days total by the time it ends up in your paypal account, but it does work, and most important is you can ONLY use it 3 times and then it blocks you.........hope this helps !!!

jkalathas
11-13-2008, 03:04 PM
The 3 times is not correct, you can use it 12 times... here is straight from the terms and conditions (http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html?_trksid=m37)

You may receive Cashback Rewards for up to a maximum of twelve (12) Online Sessions per account on www.eBay.com. Once you have completed twelve (12) Online Sessions under any eBay.com account, you will no longer be eligible to receive Cashback Rewards for purchases made under such eBay.com account. ;

Sheffield11
11-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Im using this like its going out of style, just saved another $102. Also as a note for people who buy things from auctions, if you want to take advantage of the cash back email the person and tell them to put the auction in a BIN before it ends.

TFig27
11-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Im using this like its going out of style, just saved another $102. Also as a note for people who buy things from auctions, if you want to take advantage of the cash back email the person and tell them to put the auction in a BIN before it ends.

Glad you were able to take advantage of this.

If you don't mind, what were you able to pick up?

PK
11-13-2008, 09:36 PM
More power to you if you can take the money out and spend it how you like, but rule #2 specifically states you must reuse the rewards on ebay with your paypal account

Sheffield11
11-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Even if you have to reuse it, is that really a big deal??? its still free money and 99% of people are going to buy more things on ebay. and unfortunately the things i bought were not game used items, they were bowflex weights and vitamins.

jkalathas
11-13-2008, 10:07 PM
You do not have to use your cashback rewards funds on ebay purchases. They simply go back into paypal, and you can send them to your bank account if you wish.

chakes89
11-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Good Luck to all of you

Hope this doesn't come back to bite anyone in the A**

That sure would ruin the holidays real fast

Sheffield11
11-14-2008, 12:27 AM
How it come back to bite anyone??? your just a negative person that cant see the good in anything. its not we are over paying for these items in hope to get our money back, we are simply buying them at fair prices and getting 25% back in future. Its really not that hard of a concept and i have done this in the past, works great.

chakes89
11-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Excuse me for having an observation that you didn't like

No one said it was a hard concept either

ndevlin
11-14-2008, 12:43 AM
How it come back to bite anyone??? your just a negative person that cant see the good in anything. its not we are over paying for these items in hope to get our money back, we are simply buying them at fair prices and getting 25% back in future. Its really not that hard of a concept and i have done this in the past, works great.

I think he just meant that hopefully all of you arent reading past the rules and find out that, for example, you have to set up an amazon account and use it on there. Ya know, something tricky and with a catch. Am I right Chakes?

Sounds good and all, but I would be asking questions as well and be pretty skeptical if I were to use it on an item of $1,000 or more.

chakes89
11-14-2008, 12:48 AM
Yes that's exactly what I meant

I guess I didn't word it properly enough

I tend to use the "too good to be true" way of thinking in regards to things like this.

slam
11-26-2008, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the tip. I got a nice discount on gamer today.

lund6771
01-01-2009, 05:47 PM
is this still working for people?...I just went on to try it and ebay doesn't appear anymore at the top

TFig27
01-01-2009, 06:04 PM
is this still working for people?...I just went on to try it and ebay doesn't appear anymore at the top

No, but hopefully they will bring it back soon.

jppopma
01-01-2009, 07:12 PM
I went to do it a little before Christmas and it was only showing 3%. I did better than that winning the auction rather than the buy it now with the discount.

markize
01-01-2009, 07:20 PM

I used it a few times a while back, and each time the % discount went down. It started at 30%, then 25%, 20%, and finally at 8%. I emailed them a couple days ago and was told eBay was having problems, but it would be fixed soon.

Mark

Vintagedeputy
01-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Just got notified that Live sent me $6.74 on a $32 transaction from November.

I guess they were true to their word.

HENMICK44
01-26-2009, 11:58 PM
Do You Get A Check Or Does It Just Go Into Your Paypal Account?

Dewey2007
01-27-2009, 12:23 AM
You get the money deposited directly into your PayPal account. I've gotten $156 in Cashback money already and I'm waiting for another $112 at the end of the month. I sure hope they bring this back soon!

HENMICK44
01-27-2009, 12:50 AM
thanks dewey

maccamania
01-27-2009, 07:18 AM
I collected 213.00 so far, it really works, I think too good, thats why they removed the offer.

HENMICK44
01-29-2009, 02:49 AM
Got mine deposited tonight $150.00,what should I buy now? Great promotion,hope they have it again.