PDA

View Full Version : Rare Current Players GU items

GoTigers
11-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Does anyone know why Ryan Braun bats are so rare? Does he personally try to limit the amount that hits the market? How is there so little supply for his GU stuff, when there is almost an overwhelming amount of other players items? I know Pujols GU items are relatively rare.. are there any other current players that are considered rare?

metsbats
11-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Legit Ichiro gamers are typically hard to find.

zookerman182
11-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Does anyone know why Ryan Braun bats are so rare? Does he personally try to limit the amount that hits the market? How is there so little supply for his GU stuff, when there is almost an overwhelming amount of other players items? I know Pujols GU items are relatively rare.. are there any other current players that are considered rare?

AMEN!!!

I actually like that Braun's bats are tough to find. Theres fun in trying to hunt the bats down. Plus rare bats hold thier value for much longer than common ones.

I have noticed some players bats all over the market. It must be nice for that player or teams collector.

On the flip side, when that Ryan Braun bat does show up you better have your coins saved because there are gonna be about 20 other people who need it too.

harpt
11-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Aren't a lot of those maple bats still being studied by the MLB? I may have missed something in the chronology there, but I thought that was still going on.

nomarmauerfan
11-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Scott,
I believe the study on bats has concluded. I seem to remember a discussion on here on whether the bats were going to be returned to the teams.
Besides Braun, Justin Morneau's bats are tough to find. I'm having a helluva time trying to find a 2006 bat. There's just not a lot out there. Besides the $500 bats in the Pro Shop, there isn't a lot to be found. I think the same could be said for Joe Mauer as well. I know there are a ton of people wanting his stuff as well. Besides Staindsox having 95% of the ones on the market:D , you just don't come across many Mauer's.

Mike

allstarsplus
11-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Aren't a lot of those maple bats still being studied by the MLB? I may have missed something in the chronology there, but I thought that was still going on.

The 2008 season certainly was affected by this bat study. This shift in supply I think has made it a challenge to find certain bats especially some of the Rookies out there.

I had one Rookie on the Nationals, Jesus Flores, that I needed a couple of game used bats, and he sends me 2 unused autographed bats so it has been tough at times.

On the flip side, with a tough economy, it may be a blessing in disguise that the supply was down as demand has decreased too.

I actually like that Braun's bats are tough to find. Theres fun in trying to hunt the bats down. Plus rare bats hold their value for much longer than common ones

All in all, I agree with Zook that there is a fun factor in chasing down some bats!