X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eric
    • Jan 1970

You Coulda Had It- Colorado Rockies History

Ok- follow me on this one.

On Novermber 17, 1992 the expansion Colorado Rockies participated with the Florida Marlins in an expansion draft to form the rosters to their new teams. With their first pick in the draft, they chose David Nied from the Atlanta Braves making him the first player in their franchise.

You coulda had a game used David Nied Rockies hat with autographed baseball for a grand total of $6.50 plus shipping.

Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...
  • norristrophy
    • Feb 2006

Re: You Coulda Had It- Colorado Rockies History

Still not a great deal, even if they threw in the shipping.

Comment

• ghostkid
      • Aug 2005

Its a great deal compared to the "deal" I got on all of those 1992 Brien Taylor rookie cards. In case your forgot, Brien Taylor was the pitcher signed by the Yankees straight out of high school for $$$,$$$,$$$,$$$. He was nearly inducted into the hall of fame before ever pitching even one inning in the big leagues...probably a wise move that those in power decided to wait before giving him his HOF plaque.

Kevin

Comment

• norristrophy
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by ghostkid
        Its a great deal compared to the "deal" I got on all of those 1992 Brien Taylor rookie cards. In case your forgot, Brien Taylor was the pitcher signed by the Yankees straight out of high school for $$$,$$$,$$$,$$$. He was nearly inducted into the hall of fame before ever pitching even one inning in the big leagues...probably a wise move that those in power decided to wait before giving him his HOF plaque.

Kevin
        Of course I recall him...I believe he hurt his hand in a bar fight and was never the same again after that.

Comment

• metsbats
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by ghostkid

Kevin

Kevin,

Perhaps I can trade you some of your Brien Taylor 1992 rookies for some 1988 Donruss Gregg Jefferies rookie cards I brought in 1988. I still have about 50 of them left. Hey wait I only brought 50 of them!

David
          metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

Working...