PDA

View Full Version : College football roster website help...

Bertuzzi44
03-28-2006, 07:04 PM
I need a lead on some websites that have college football rosters. I have some game worn college football jerseys and need to know who wore them and the app. year. Also I'm looking for a solid source to identify some game worn football jerseys, I have around 300 in stock and some are college game worns. Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Rob

PK
03-28-2006, 07:59 PM
A good place to start would be the web sites of the teams you have jerseys for. Surf around the athletic dept area. Sometimes you can find info there. You can also try to contact the Athletic Dept directly and ask questions. Try the Asst. Equipment Manager first.

Any Oregon Ducks jerseys? LMK

baltos
03-28-2006, 08:17 PM
Actually your best bet is contacting the school's Sports Information Director. Most equipment managers don't remember who wore what number unless the player is very recent or was a very good player. Most school's sports information offices have a library of old media guides and can help. Some might ask that you purchase the media guides rather than them act as your personal research assistant.

Most recent media guides are in PDF format and might still be online if you go to the school's athletic website and go to the football page and look for an archive or history page. There is a good chance you can find the last 5 years or so of media guides in PDF format.

gatorcollector
03-28-2006, 08:43 PM
If you have Florida Gator jerseys, this link will be helpful. It's a numerical roster going back to the mid-60's.
http://www.gatorzone.com/football/history/numericalroster.pdf

In return, I'd like first crack at any Gator jerseys you have. :D

Nathan
03-28-2006, 10:12 PM
For my fellow Canucks and Bertuzzi fan....

Got any UT Vols jerseys in there at all? I'm always looking to expand.

Depending on how recent these jerseys are, CNNSI maintains rosters back to 1997 online for just about every D-1A college. There are some schools that have older media guides (before the NCAA media guide crackdown) that have information like all-time numerical rosters, etc. Barring that, there's also some that have all-time lettermen, which is a great resource if you can pinpoint the college itself and the name on the back but don't know anything more beyond that.

Which teams do you have specifically, or are there some unknown ones that could be from a variety of teams or years?

mchmaj
03-29-2006, 12:24 PM
any syracuse orange football jerseys ? if so i might can help u with Orange players ...
i also have penn state website that tells rosters from 60s to present...
let me know