PDA

View Full Version : 1991-92 MJ / Bulls Jersey questions???

33bird
11-12-2008, 02:46 PM
On ebay is a 1991-92 MJ Bulls Home jersey. GF coa. I searched gettys for comparisions and found that most (all?) the pictures had the Bulls wearing a BLACK strip above the NBA logo. So my question is: Did the Bulls wear the black band on the jersey the WHOLE season or just part of it? Let me know MJ or Bulls experts. Thanks,
biggamebird@yahoo.com
Greg

33bird
11-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Just spoke (via email) with Dave Mediema and he said the black band was worn that season for one of Reinsdorf's assistants-who died in October of 1991. So were both assuming that the black band was on the jersey for the whole season since the season starts in November. Unless it's a preseason jersey or something legit, I wouldn't pay the guy's 7000.00 without the black band on it.
Greg

hblakewolf
11-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Just spoke (via email) with Dave Mediema and he said the black band was worn that season for one of Reinsdorf's assistants-who died in October of 1991. So were both assuming that the black band was on the jersey for the whole season since the season starts in November. Unless it's a preseason jersey or something legit, I wouldn't pay the guy's 7000.00 without the black band on it.
Greg

According to the Grey Flannel LOA, "This jersey was worn during the first part of the season. Later on the bulls wore a black arm band commemorating the death of Bulls employee Sheri Bertic". Seems odd that a death band would be added in the middle of the season for a person who passed before the season even started? Can anyone locate and post photos of the Bulls wearing jerseys during the first month of the season void of this black band?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

33bird
11-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Another curiosity about Bulls 1990s jerseys. You'll see tons of Jordan's come up for sale (most fake of course) and a few Pippens-I'm talking about their 6 championship run-but where's all the other guys? Where's Craig Hodges, Cartwright, H.Grant, Purdue, Kerr, Harper, Pax and all the scrubs. That fact alone makes me leary when it comes to buying any Jordan game used jersey.
Greg

33bird
11-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Ok-I think I found some. If Gettys has them dated right then all these pictures are from 1991 november and one of the MJ's is from Oct.22 1991. No Black bands. I guess they didn't wear them the whole season.
Greg
biggambird@yahoo.com

both-teams-played-hard
11-13-2008, 05:07 AM
On ebay is a 1991-92 MJ Bulls Home jersey. GF coa. I searched gettys for comparisions and found that most (all?) the pictures had the Bulls wearing a BLACK strip above the NBA logo. So my question is: Did the Bulls wear the black band on the jersey the WHOLE season or just part of it? Let me know MJ or Bulls experts. Thanks,

I thought the Bulls switched to tackle twill numerals and letters in the 91-92 season as opposed to heat-pressed used in Jordan's prior years. The photo against Drexler looks like heat-pressed. Notice the glare on the front numerals and letters.

kingjammy24
11-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Ok-I think I found some. If Gettys has them dated right then all these pictures are from 1991 november and one of the MJ's is from Oct.22 1991. No Black bands. I guess they didn't wear them the whole season.
Greg
biggambird@yahoo.com

if it helps, your top right pic, with jordan vs the sixers, he's wearing the air jordan 7 which was released in late 1991/early 1992. (the next model, the air jordan 8, was released in either late 1992 or early 1993.)

rudy.

lund6771
11-13-2008, 01:41 PM
I thought the Bulls switched to tackle twill numerals and letters in the 91-92 season as opposed to heat-pressed used in Jordan's prior years. The photo against Drexler looks like heat-pressed. Notice the glare on the front numerals and letters.

sewn on numbers and name started in 92-93 season