PDA

View Full Version : Dewey, Does your Maas look like this?

jetersbatboy
11-14-2008, 08:52 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=380081740787&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT&ih=025

Dewey2007
11-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Yep, that's it. What do folks think I should do? Should I contact the seller directly or let AJ Sports Collectibles handle this? Or should I contact eBay directly and let them know this bat was stolen from UPS?

Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

yanks12025
11-14-2008, 09:12 PM
I would do all 3. Ask the seller how he got it, tell the person you bought it from and then also contact ebay. I dont know if you can but tell the seller your willing to get the cops involved if you have enought proof. Because him or a friend stole the item.

jetersbatboy
11-14-2008, 09:15 PM
I agree contact all 3. I hope it works out for you, good luck.

TFig27
11-14-2008, 09:22 PM
I would do all 3. Ask the seller how he got it, tell the person you bought it from and then also contact ebay. I dont know if you can but tell the seller your willing to get the cops involved if you have enought proof. Because him or a friend stole the item.

Warranty -
The NPS Store is a freight recovery company that buys and sells freight that has been lost or otherwise miss-directed in shipping. We are not dealers for the product we sell and therefore do not guarantee that manufacturers will honor their warranties.

Vintagedeputy
11-14-2008, 10:08 PM
If you filed a police report initially, you should contact the PD and they will recover the stolen property.

Danny899
11-14-2008, 10:55 PM
Yep, that's it. What do folks think I should do? Should I contact the seller directly or let AJ Sports Collectibles handle this? Or should I contact eBay directly and let them know this bat was stolen from UPS?

Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dewey,
Did you document the theft with UPS, your local PD or the PD where the UPS warehouse is? You would need this type of incident report before any investigation can begin. More importantly, it seems you are certain the theft occurred through UPS. Was the box containing the tube left unattended on your porch? Did the box show signs of forced opening then being resealed? Are you certain you weren't shipped only the tube without the bat? Although unlikey, an employee of the company could have removed it without the owner's knowledge. What state did you buy the bat from? What state is the Ebay seller who is listing it from? Are they the same or close by? I don't mean to make your head spin, but these are questions that will be asked down the road to determine where the theft occurred. Start by asking the seller the origin of the bat. That should point you in the right direction. Good luck, I'm certain it will work out.

Dewey2007
11-15-2008, 01:59 AM
First off, a big thanks to Scott (jetersbatboy) for bringing this to my attention. I don't know if I would have seen it since it's not listed under the game used memorabilia section of eBay.

Anyhow, yes the theft was documented with UPS. The shipping tube containing the bat was delivered empty to my work. One end of the shipping tube was removed and resealed with clear tape. I live in California, I bought the bat from a dealer in New Jersey and the eBay seller is located in Salt Lake City, UT so it ended up missing somewhere in between.

I contacted AJ Sports Collectibles (original seller), eBay and the current eBay seller. I think between the original seller and myself we can prove that this is the bat that was stolen by some unknown person. I don't believe the current sellers of the bat had anything to do with the theft. I just hope this isn't to much of a headache for an item I paid less then $100 for but at this point it's the principle of thing.

Thanks for everyone who responded and I'll keep everyone updated on how it works out.

Dewey

flaco1801
11-15-2008, 11:18 AM
how much time passed between the ebay listing and the delivery of the empty bat tube occur? jeff

Dewey2007
11-15-2008, 11:49 AM
how much time passed between the ebay listing and the delivery of the empty bat tube occur? jeff

It was 18 days between the empty UPS delivery and the eBay listing

jetersbatboy
11-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Dewey, I noticed the pulled the listing. Will you be getting the bat back? Did everything work out?

Dewey2007
11-16-2008, 08:19 PM
I sent an e-mail to the company (National Product Sales) that had it listed and also reported the item to eBay so that's probably why they pulled the listing. I haven't heard from anyone on their end yet so hopefully they contact me and/or the original seller tomorrow so we can work this out.

70to66
11-16-2008, 08:30 PM
What did Ups tell you when it was not in the mailing tube?
Did they try to give you any compensation before the bat showed up on ebay?
70to66

Dewey2007
11-16-2008, 10:11 PM
UPS didn't tell me anything in particular or offer me a refund directly. The driver noted that the item was missing and reported it missing/stolen on their tracking system. They were going to contact the seller and work out any refund on the item with him and I would be refunded by him which hasn't happened yet.

Then the bat showed up on eBay on Friday and that's where its at now.

70to66
11-16-2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks for keeping everyone informed of what is taking place, This is something we all hope won't happen, but know it does.
70to66