PDA

View Full Version : Grey Flannel opinions needed

34swtns
11-16-2008, 06:14 PM
I've been pondering consigning a couple of items to GF and was wondering what experiences others have had with them. In light of the complaints I've read regarding American Memorabilia's slow-to-pay practices I'm wondering if any of you have had similar experiences with GF.
I've already attempted to call them only to receive an answering machine message prompting me to leave my contact info, which I did, and have received no return call after 10 days. Needless to say, I'm not encouraged, thus far, to deal with them further but I thought I might throw it out to the board members before I write them off completely.
Any thoughts?

34swtns
11-17-2008, 07:04 AM
Tumbleweeds.........crickets...........

Wow. :rolleyes:

trsent
11-17-2008, 03:24 PM
I have no problems with Grey Flannel. I would say after a long term working relationship they have always played fair with me on both the buying and consigning side of the auction business.

CollectGU
11-17-2008, 03:34 PM
I've had good dealings with them as both a buyer and seller.

Thanks,
Dave

34swtns
11-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Thanks for your opinions, fellas. I appreciate it.

dcgreg25
11-18-2008, 10:39 AM
I have had positive experiences with them as well. Of the auction houses, they would be at, or near, the top of my list in terms of reputation and quality of items. They are not perfect but overall a good group of people.

They seem to be most responsive to emails for whatever reason if that is helpful.

lund6771
11-18-2008, 11:51 AM
I would highly recommend getting a contract with whichever auction house you use with all the terms clearly stated

Add liquidated damages as well past the agreed upon pay date