Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yanks12025
    • Jan 2006

Yankees first game

Now that the Yankees and the Mets have both said they will have Exhibition games before the season starts in their new stadiums. What i'm asking is to a fan what would be better to go and watch the first exhibition game or opening day. I hope to go and watch the yankees on opening day but will that be called the first game in the new ballpark or will the preseason games be. I know their doing this for more money buts its stupid.Thanks

The Yankees will host the Cubs in exhibition games in the first contests at the new Yankee Stadium.
  • allstarsplus
    • Nov 2005

Re: Yankees first game

I just went through this with the Washington Nationals this year, and I went to both the exhibition and the 1st game and no doubt about it, if given a choice, Opening Day is the one to attend. It is the official 1st game!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Comment

• gridman80
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by yanks12025
      Now that the Yankees and the Mets have both said they will have Exhibition games before the season starts in their new stadiums. What i'm asking is to a fan what would be better to go and watch the first exhibition game or opening day. I hope to go and watch the yankees on opening day but will that be called the first game in the new ballpark or will the preseason games be. I know their doing this for more money buts its stupid.Thanks

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3709143
      Yanks season ticket holder for many years...IMHO - Opening day hands down

Comment

• AWA85
        • Jan 2008

It has to be opening day without a doubt.
        Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• joelsabi
          • Aug 2005

is the new stadium ready and when will it be first open to the public?
          Regards,
          Joel S.
          joelsabi @ gmail.com
          Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• trsent
            Banned
            • Nov 2005

[quote=yanks12025;107522]Now that the Yankees and the Mets have both said they will have Exhibition games before the season starts in their new stadiums. What i'm asking is to a fan what would be better to go and watch the first exhibition game or opening day. I hope to go and watch the yankees on opening day but will that be called the first game in the new ballpark or will the preseason games be. I know their doing this for more money buts its stupid.Thanks

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/s...3709143[/quote]

I hear they are bringing The Cubs in for the pre-opening party.

What could be more boring than exhibition baseball in a cold city before the season starts?

Spend the extra money and attend the real opening day.

Comment

Working...