PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Eddie Murray jersey

ifirocked
11-24-2008, 01:35 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260321058314&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016

my knowledge is limited when it comes to the 90's. any thoughts on this jersey ? Thanks.

kingjammy24
11-24-2008, 02:56 PM
jersey doesn't appear to show much use from the photos. aside from that, the photos don't show any red flags. style, tagging, patch, fonts are all correct.

rudy.

TNTtoys
11-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Upon a cursory glance, everything seems to check out here.

- Russell is correct for manufacturer of 92 roads
- Russell tagging is in the right place; bottom right front corner
- Style & lettering looks good (I'd get a closer look at the twill though; it should be ribbed, vertically; this doesn't show up in the photos)
- New York Mets 92S tag in expected place; sewn in partially behind the Russell tag (this was a 1992 anomaly)
- Extra length tags look fine
- Shea patch fine
- Size looks good
- Signature looks good too

kingjammy24
11-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Upon a cursory glance, everything seems to check out here.

- Russell is correct for manufacturer of 92 roads
- Russell tagging is in the right place; bottom right front corner
- Style & lettering looks good (I'd get a closer look at the twill though; it should be ribbed, vertically; this doesn't show up in the photos)
- New York Mets 92S tag in expected place; sewn in partially behind the Russell tag (this was a 1992 anomaly)
- Extra length tags look fine
- Shea patch fine
- Size looks good
- Signature looks good too

nick

any idea what the "s" in "92s" on the strip tag refers to? did the mets wear their regular season game jerseys in spring training?

i've seen some 1992/93 russell gamers where the strip tag had red text on it (instead of the usual black). notably for the indians and expos. it's my opinion that the red text may have signified a spring training shirt.

rudy.

TNTtoys
11-24-2008, 04:22 PM
nick

any idea what the "s" in "92s" on the strip tag refers to? did the mets wear their regular season game jerseys in spring training?

i've seen some 1992/93 russell gamers where the strip tag had red text on it (instead of the usual black). notably for the indians and expos. it's my opinion that the red text may have signified a spring training shirt.

rudy.

Hey loudmouth,

In my travels, I have seen the "NEW YORK 92s" tag on the 92 roads as well as the "91R" tag (no "NEW YORK") on the 92 homes. I kind of chalked it up to being something unusual about the 92s, but never quite found out what the codes meant. I don't think the S or R denote spring training vs. regular season, as I have consistently seen them on the roads and homes respectively. I have not seen a red version on any Mets jerseys, but come to think of it, I probably have on other jerseys of that era. Not sure what that could mean.

Nick

TNTtoys
11-24-2008, 04:23 PM
as well as the "91R" tag

Typo... that should read "92R"

kingjammy24
11-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Hey loudmouth,

In my travels, I have seen the "NEW YORK 92s" tag on the 92 roads as well as the "91R" tag (no "NEW YORK") on the 92 homes. I kind of chalked it up to being something unusual about the 92s, but never quite found out what the codes meant. I don't think the S or R denote spring training vs. regular season, as I have consistently seen them on the roads and homes respectively. I have not seen a red version on any Mets jerseys, but come to think of it, I probably have on other jerseys of that era. Not sure what that could mean.

Nick

hmm that is an oddity. i just checked getty and it appears in 1992 the mets used their BP shirts in spring training. "S" and "R" just seem to fit so nicely into the "spring" and "regular" concepts, don't they?

the odd thing is that i've only seen those "S" and "R" designation on mets shirts. hmm. what a mystery.

rudy.

trsent
11-24-2008, 06:08 PM
hmm that is an oddity. i just checked getty and it appears in 1992 the mets used their BP shirts in spring training. "S" and "R" just seem to fit so nicely into the "spring" and "regular" concepts, don't they?

the odd thing is that i've only seen those "S" and "R" designation on mets shirts. hmm. what a mystery.

rudy.

You could contact Robert Stack about this one.