PDA

View Full Version : UPS strikes again!!!!

Dewey2007
10-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Just had my first item come up missing during the shipping process. UPS apparently has a collector/thief of game used items who works either in the Bay Area or Secaucas, NJ where the shipping originated from.

The item in question was a game used Kevin Maas N.Y. Yankees bat that I bought from AJ Sports Collectibles. The empty shipping container was delivered with the plastic cap missing on one end and that end then re-taped. The Steiner letter was still inside the tube.

If anyone sees a Maas Yankees bat for sale anywhere please let me know so I can see if it is the missing one in question. Hopefully the refund process is not to much of a hassle.

Hope everyone has better luck this week with their items being delivered.

both-teams-played-hard
10-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Dewey
Sorry to hear your bad luck. Your story seems to be a trend. I thought I would post my favorite photoshop creation as comic relief.
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/3510/upsbat2finaliu1.jpg

Dewey2007
10-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Warren, thanks for the comedy relief! That is a great photoshop pic.

Their not to blame but I don't think it helps that these sports collectibles dealers put their store name on the address label. Just encourages five-finger discounters to want to open packages.

trsent
10-27-2008, 11:48 PM
I once had a limited edition Upper Deck Authenticated Michael Jordan Card #1 of 250 Autographed Card lost by UPS after it sold at a private auction (well before the days of eBay). The package was lost, and after an argument with UPS explaining that there is no replacement price for this one of a kind card that sold for around $1500.00 (back when MJ was hot) so the paid the full claim.

Then, about three months later, on SportsNet (aka CoinNet) I saw my card for sale. I called UPS to tell them I found the lost-stolen card. They were so interested, they didn't even call me to follow up. I guess once the pay a claim they don't care if the unique, stolen-lost item is found.

jetersbatboy
10-27-2008, 11:48 PM
I just won a couple of bat from this GUU auction...Doesn't GUU ship UPS ground?:eek:

whatupyos
10-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Joel,

Sorry to hear your misfortune! Did you end up getting the card back when you saw it for re-sale?

trsent
10-28-2008, 04:32 AM
Joel,

Sorry to hear your misfortune! Did you end up getting the card back when you saw it for re-sale?

Nah, I thought about buying it, but I had already sold it at private auction for a record price and didn't wish to get into it again. Want to hear amazing? I also had card #23/250 that sold in the same auction for $5000.00!

3arod13
10-28-2008, 06:27 AM
Something needs to be done about this at UPS. I submitted a Derek Jeter bat for authentication. While my wife and I were at home, I heard a noise at the front door. As I approached the door, I saw the UPS guy running away towards his truck. I opened the door, picked up the package, and immediately noticed two things. One end of the package was open and the box was empty. I yelled at the UPS guy and told him the item was missing. I also made him aware that there is no way he could handle that box and not realize the box was empty.

I made him stay there while I called UPS. I then immediately went down to UPS. While waiting in an office for more than 45 minutes, the bat showed up. They said they found it in a mail bin. What! Are you serious?

Well, I got lucky. Catching him at the door is what made UPS worry.

This is common with UPS. They know what is in those tubes and they have many thieves working for UPS.

Sad!

MSpecht
10-28-2008, 08:33 AM
I just won a couple of bat from this GUU auction...Doesn't GUU ship UPS ground?:eek:

All items from the GUU auction are shipped by FedEx with an adult signature required upon delivery. Bats are shipped from San Diego, CA.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

GoTigers
10-28-2008, 09:06 AM
I totally agree, I dont understand why they dont add a weigh0-in check station at every point. If the weight is signifigantly off, then the package should be inspected.. at least this would show where they had a thief.

It is just a matter of time before buisnessess have to have fake addresses for shipping. I cant believe anything from any jewelry store makes it to delievery.

allstarsplus
10-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Something needs to be done about this at UPS. I submitted a Derek Jeter bat for authentication. While my wife and I were at home, I heard a noise at the front door. As I approached the door, I saw the UPS guy running away towards his truck. I opened the door, picked up the package, and immediately noticed two things. One end of the package was open and the box was empty. I yelled at the UPS guy and told him the item was missing. I also made him aware that there is no way he could handle that box and not realize the box was empty.

I made him stay there while I called UPS. I then immediately went down to UPS. While waiting in an office for more than 45 minutes, the bat showed up. They said they found it in a mail bin. What! Are you serious?

Well, I got lucky. Catching him at the door is what made UPS worry.

This is common with UPS. They know what is in those tubes and they have many thieves working for UPS.

Sad!

Good ending for your Jeter.

My last UPS debacle was with a box top was peeled back and 1 of the 4 bats was missing and it was the most valuable one of the bunch.

I went as far as filing a report with the Police but that did nothing. It took a few months and UPS finally paid up after giving me the run around. I felt they put you through the torture test hoping you give up on your claim. In my situation it was a very expensive bat.

If you Google search "UPS Theft", there are some interesting stories on there.

Have you ever been to a UPS facility at closing time? The drivers are basically searched leaving the facility by security which is laughable as most thefts happen on their route. The smart theif has someone on the route that they give their stolen items to.

Then, about three months later, on SportsNet (aka CoinNet) I saw my card for sale. I called UPS to tell them I found the lost-stolen card. They were so interested, they didn't even call me to follow up. I guess once the pay a claim they don't care if the unique, stolen-lost item is found.

Joel's situation would have been one to call the Police and have them confiscate the card as stolen property and follow back to see where they got it from. Its a shame they didn't care enough, but maybe it is a sign that they have so much stolen property it is a write-off and too much time to follow up.

TNTtoys
10-28-2008, 09:44 AM
I just received a bat in the mail this week via USPS in one of those long triangular shaped boxes that we normally use for bats. The box had a huge gouge through the center of it. My wife called me at work to let me know the shape of the package that had arrived. I instantly thought that it was tampered with, and asked her to open it while I was on the phone. Luckily the contents were untouched...but someone got to have a sneak peek as to what was inside. Not very comforting to say the least.

bigtruck260
10-28-2008, 09:49 AM
My UPS guy had a habit of not scanning items in when he picked them up.
Several times, I had bats travel from MO to CA and the only scan made was for the final delivery of the package - that is always scary, because UPS has no idea whatsoever where the package might be.

I am told that this happens when the label is placed on a curved surface like a tube...they can't scan them (and apparently they don't have time to enter the numbers manually).

Just a thought since many of us ship bats.

costas
10-28-2008, 09:58 AM
has anyone else had this problem with items other than bats?

otismalibu
10-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Just put the name Bill Romanowski above the return address.

No one in their right mind would dare open the box.

orioles03
10-28-2008, 12:27 PM
my brother use to work at ups and when i was with the o's javy lopez got traded to the red sox so we had to package up all his bats and ship them to boston long story short they went to the ups he worked at and the way they treat packages all the bats about 100 total went all over the floor he said people were playing with the bats in the warehouse i dont know if all the bats made it but you never know.

jetersbatboy
10-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Thanks Mike,
It made me a little worried, I thought I read somewhere you shipped UPS.

allstarsplus
12-01-2008, 08:10 PM
What can Brown do for you? R

I was thrilled to receive 2 packages today from UPS. These pictures should say it all!!!

dcgreg25
12-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Ouch! That sucks. Hopefully nothing was missing from the boxes but obviously the contents were damaged. What was inside?

grenda12
12-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Ouch! Couldnt tell ya how many times Ive gone thru that.

AWA85
12-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Wow.... just never ends. If you don't mind sharing was anything missing?

halofan
12-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Ouch, I'm expecting (2) steiner bat display cases tomorrow from UPS, I can only pray that its not damaged. Sorry about your boxes and your items if there damaged

allstarsplus
12-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Wow.... just never ends. If you don't mind sharing was anything missing?

I got lucky this time as I have been victimized before. The box had game used Yankee caps and nothing was missing and the only damage was crumbled COAs.

My guess is someone checked the contents and decided to move onward!

cigarman44
12-01-2008, 09:08 PM
My PS3 is coming in the mail tomorrow UPS. It will probably be replaced with a 1985 Nintendo!

Vintagedeputy
12-01-2008, 10:15 PM
I use a UPS store for my business as a mailing address. A few weeks ago, I was standing there when the Fed Ex guy walks in with a padded envelope torn to shreds. I watched him and thought "damn that person is going to be pissed when they see their package".

The Fed Ex guy tells the store clerk " got a package here for Jim Reynolds". ME!!!! Damn, its my package. I looked and it was some blank fingerprint cards that I requested from the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification. I walked up to the Fed Ex guy and said "man, Reynolds is going to be pissed when he sees that package". The Fed Ex guy says "well, that's the way I found it on my truck". I then told him who I was and that if any of the fingerprint cards were missing, an investigator from Utah BCI would be looking to speak with him, haha....I think he understood my disappointment in his company's handling of my package.

quaz95
12-02-2008, 09:51 AM
man im expecting some Victoria's secret gifts for my wife, i hope they dont get damaged.:rolleyes: o yeah i worked for fedex ground for 6 years, i saw boxes and delivered boxes just like that. I never stole anything, like some people do. As a contractor for fedex you would have to pay for "missing" or "lost" packages. That sucks.

john

trsent
12-02-2008, 11:40 AM
man im expecting some Victoria's secret gifts for my wife, i hope they dont get damaged.:rolleyes: o yeah i worked for fedex ground for 6 years, i saw boxes and delivered boxes just like that. I never stole anything, like some people do. As a contractor for fedex you would have to pay for "missing" or "lost" packages. That sucks.

john

I don't know if UPS does what FedEx does, but I know FedEx hires contractors to deliver packages. My friend did this in Las Vegas. I have no clue how FedEx makes money with 3rd parties delivering packages and often paying them more than the package costs to ship.

I guess what you are saying is that the FedEx contractors have to pay for missing or lost packages, so that is good for the customers security.

markize
12-02-2008, 12:27 PM
I guess what you are saying is that the FedEx contractors have to pay for missing or lost packages, so that is good for the customers security.

joel,

it's good in that you may get your money back, but you cant get the item you really wanted, or might have been one of a kind.

mark

trsent
12-02-2008, 01:14 PM
joel,

it's good in that you may get your money back, but you cant get the item you really wanted, or might have been one of a kind.

mark

Sure, that happens, and it is unfortunate, but that is why we pay insurance and these shipping companies sometimes care enough to hire honest people and fire dishonest people.

rjdgonebats
01-15-2009, 07:03 PM
A bat I had ordered from a company in Northbrook,IL shipped the bat out to me. It was scheduled for delivery today. When I tracked it on line. They had noted, delivery exception merchandise was missing from the box.I now have to go to all the trouble of waiting for a claim to be filed by the sender and then being reimbursed.This has got to stop. and I hope any dealers out there reading this stop sending items via UPS. They just cant be trusted and it would seem that they have thieves instead of employees at some of their facilities.

Dewey2007
01-15-2009, 07:45 PM
I feel your frustration with UPS and having to go through the claim process, etc. I'm still trying to get things cleared up with a bat that was reported missing/stolen in late October.

Just be sure to keep an eye out on eBay for your item. Mine showed up three weeks later being sold by a company called National Product Sales. They buy missing and unclaimed freight from companies like UPS.

frikativ54
01-15-2009, 08:33 PM
I feel your frustration with UPS and having to go through the claim process, etc. I'm still trying to get things cleared up with a bat that was reported missing/stolen in late October.

Just be sure to keep an eye out on eBay for your item. Mine showed up three weeks later being sold by a company called National Product Sales. They buy missing and unclaimed freight from companies like UPS.

So sorry to hear about this nonsense. How do the bats get stolen? Any articles you could point to about the phenomenon? Did you get the bat back from National Product Sales?

Rboitano
01-15-2009, 08:44 PM
I will never use UPS either, I hate when I purchase something and it is shipped via UPS. They will not deliver ground on Saturdays, they are very very slow.

AWA85
01-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Keep calling around, if you can get a hold of some of the higher up employees it is amazing how fast your item can "show up" all the sudden.

Hope it all clears out for you.

Dewey2007
01-15-2009, 09:29 PM
So sorry to hear about this nonsense. How do the bats get stolen? Any articles you could point to about the phenomenon? Did you get the bat back from National Product Sales?

I haven't gotten the bat back yet although National Produce Sales pulled the item from eBay quickly after I had pointed out that this item was reported stolen/missing. They've told me that I need to have someone from UPS contact them about my claim. I have been working on trying to do that and have a friend who works for UPS helping me out now.

I don't know for sure but I think the original seller (AJ Sports Collectibles) must have gotten their money back on the claim they filed because the rep I was dealing with won't return any of my calls or e-mails. I'm guessing he figures it's my problem now or he's not been checking his messages for a long time. I was originally told he needed to have their UPS rep contact National Product Sales but obviously he never did that. Who knows but hopefully something happens soon because I don't have the bat or a refund and I would like one or the other.

To be continued...

allstarsplus
01-16-2009, 08:06 AM

http://stores.ebay.com/National-Product-Sales

justbaseball
01-16-2009, 08:48 AM
I too had a bad experience this week when i order 2 bats from the Detroit tigers and all i received was the tubes. End of the tubes were missing and all the driver had to say was" I thought they felt mighty light". Ups says they found them and are going to overnite them to me..... Now when you buy anything from the Tigers their carrier is UPS . Atleast you could depend on DHL when they had the business

TriplexXxSports
01-16-2009, 08:49 AM
I too, am sorry to hear about the drama with UPS.

In my opinion, UPS is too expensive, and their shipping times are unreliable, unless you do 2 day or overnight, which will cost a small fortune.

USPS, on the other hand, is very cost effective. We ship all of our items via USPS Priority. 2-3 days anywhere in the US, with tracking. In 5 years, we have never had a problem (so I wouldn't know about the claim process).

Because of the low cost of USPS, it allows us to ship most of our products for free. This is a great benefit to the consumer. There's no need to pay $10 - $15 to ship a jersey and have it take a week to get there. $4.75 and its there in 3 days - EVEN ON SATURDAYS! You should ask the company if they would be willing to USPS, instead of UPS. If they are looking to make the sale, they should be willing to work with the customer. In all reality, the customer is #1, right?!

I hope all works out on the claim!

TriplexXxSports is always looking for Chicago Bears Game-Used

AWA85
01-16-2009, 08:55 AM
I too had a bad experience this week when i order 2 bats from the Detroit tigers and all i received was the tubes. End of the tubes were missing and all the driver had to say was" I thought they felt mighty light". Ups says they found them and are going to overnite them to me..... Now when you buy anything from the Tigers their carrier is UPS . Atleast you could depend on DHL when they had the business

That is very weird, my only missing purchase at the time came from the Detroit Tigers also. The charity fund to be exact, but all that showed up at my door was an empty tube.

The bat "appeared" later on, but must be a Tigers fan working somewhere along the way :cool:

Dewey2007
01-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Well I'm happy to report that there is a happy ending to this thread. Almost 3 months to the day that the Kevin Maas bat I bought from AJ Sport Collectibles turned up missing through UPS it was returned today by the company (National Product Sales) that had acquired the bat.

After waiting for the original seller of the item to do something and then getting the run around from UPS and NPS about who needed to initiate the process, I finally just e-mailed NPS scans of my Paypal receipt, original UPS tracking report and a copy of their eBay listing. In my e-mail I just asked them to do the right thing and return the bat since the original seller was no longer returning any of my messages regarding this issue. Sure enough they did the right thing and I received the bat 11 days later. Case closed on this one!!

grenda12
01-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Im waiting for a Jersey to come in the mail today. The UPS truck has gone past my house 2 times already. Very anxious!

jetersbatboy
01-28-2009, 11:13 PM
Happy to hear it worked out for you Dewey!

rjdgonebats
02-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Good news for a change. A bat being shipped to me from the Chicago area went missing before delivery.Well I got an email from the seller that UPS located the bat and to make a long story short. I now have the bat. So I guess miracles do happen even with UPS.

33bird
03-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Sent 3k worth of jerseys to a fellow forum member, for overnight delivery on Monday, and as of today no delivery and no record of the tracking on the computer that it's anywhere! It should be scanned at every stop but nothing is showing except that it was paid for and where. It cost me 95.00 to ship it too. UPS big shots swear they scan every spot, blah, blah, blah, but I know for a fact that they didn't. My wife sent the packages from her work place and the guy didn't scan them, at least he didn't scan them there. The next day he tells us he never scans them out here. Were out in the country and maybe they aren't following the rules. This is unbelievable. Anybody else have similar problems in the past with them. Any ideas? Thanks,
Greg
biggamebird@yahoo.com

1986&2004Bosox
03-11-2009, 08:33 PM
is not a fun situation anyone have any thoughts?

markize
03-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Greg,

To the best of my knowledge, ups drivers don't scan packages at pickup. They receive an origin scan once at the facility. I'm guessing by overnight, you mean "next day air". Very frequently next day packages are delivered before tracking info is updated. I have had this happen before. Also , I'm guessing (again) you have had contact with the buyer who indicated they have not arrived yet. In that case, you should contact the facility with your tracking info. I believe that you will be able to recover your shipping fees as they were sent from a business, although this may not apply if they weren't sent from the business name (ie- sent from your name). I know getting the $95 back is no consolation if the jerseys are lost. Like I said, I would contact the facility first.

Mark

camarokids
03-11-2009, 09:17 PM
USPS Registered Mail would be the best way to send valuable packages. The package has to be signed for by every postal employee who touches it. Plus your package is kept under lock and key the entire time.....

This is the way coin dealers send bullion and rare coins.....

1986&2004Bosox
03-11-2009, 09:42 PM
the problem is UPS has no record of ever picking the package up. UPS say packages are scanned at pick up, how else can the verify they picked the package up? They wont refund the shipping as their stance is they never took ownership of the package.

JCC1968
03-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Guys

Have had several UPS bats opened but never taken. My high end bats have always made it to me!

Jason

33bird
03-11-2009, 09:47 PM
I'll keep ya updated. I'm hoping it shows up to him tomorrow. I hate UPS. I wanted to go USPS but we thought that was the fastest way to get it there from where I live. Well, 95.00 and 4 days later......

1986&2004Bosox
03-11-2009, 10:15 PM
looks like it is registered mail for me from now on thanks for the info.

Sanger22
03-11-2009, 10:18 PM
In the past used we used UPS shipping 800 to 1000 packages of drugs and medical supplies from a pharma companydaily, we used next day air quite a bit. Although UPS does have its problems I never had a next day air package come up missing. My guess is it will turn up in the next couple of days. I agree with camaro USPS registered mail is the way to go.

33bird
03-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Yea, that's what most everybody has told me. It will show up, but late.

momen55
03-12-2009, 08:05 AM
is fedex a secret no one knows about? seems like everyone uses UPS and or USPS, but not fedex. as soon as they pickup or you drop off, package is scanned. i have been shipping with them for almost 10 years and never had a problem. they are cheaper and more reliable, well, at least they have been for me.

BULBUS
03-12-2009, 08:07 AM
did you insure the packages? delivery is guaranteed, so at least you'll get your 95 bucks back.

jonincleve
03-12-2009, 08:49 AM
was the package insured? if the package was insured for more than $1000 there is a special 'high dollar form' that is printed. our ups program prints two copies and the ups driver has the sign both slips showing it has been picked up.

take care
john

33bird
03-12-2009, 09:08 AM
It was found! We started an investigation and they don't know what happened exactly but they found in Vegas and he'll have it tomorrow. What a relief! They also will refund my 95.00. My advice: Don't use UPS. What a joke. Use USPS or Fedex. I would have used Fedex but we don't have one here.
Greg

mvandor
03-12-2009, 09:50 AM
In my experience, Big Brown is the least reliable of the big 4. Never use them.

Neely8
03-12-2009, 10:31 AM
I'll stick with USPS. I've sent numerous high end game worn jerseys via them and have never had a problem.

suave1477
03-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Momen, Fed Ex is not a secrect.

But i'll tell you something I don't know what rates they charge from where you live but they have been the most expensive to ship items from where I live.

I live in New York and from time to time have compared prices and Fed Ex has been ridiculous.

I never really tried DHL but now that doesn't even matter since there gone.

But for example if I was shipping a pair of Sneakers.
USPS would charge $5 to $10
UPS would charge about $15
Fed Ex would charge $20

Personally I have always found USPS to be the most reliable

But I had a very similar situation with USPS about 6 months ago shipping an item to a forum member.

I sent out the item through usps with delivery/tracking info & Priotrity (2-3 day) shipping put on it.
A couple of days went by and I checked the the tracking and there was no information listed. I was bugging out because I knew I shipped the item and shipped it with tracking - So where is the item???
another couple of days went by and the buyer contacted me and said they still haven't received the item. I felt terrible for the buyer because I did send him the item and I didn't want him to think wrong of me especially since I am providing him with a tracking number that is not even registering after a week it had been shipped out.

I went back to the post office and they were baffled!!
Because they charged me for everything including tracking and priority and yet they have no registered tracking info for it. But I had the reciept to prove it.
What happend was they charged me for it but the teller forgot to scan the item and she sent it out with nothing to trace it.
I went into an outrage in the usps (YES I WENT POSTAL!!!:D ) Because if anything to the buyer I am the one who looks bad. The manager told me to give it another 7 days and then we will have to see what we will do from there.
I explained to the buyer the situation and asked him for 7 days, he said no problem. As each day went by we talked and still no package. At this point im prepared to give a refund and take the loss.
What do you know on the 7th day the package showed up at his house.

And he can see from the date stamped on the box when I shipped it out. So he was fine with it.

I hate to say but sometimes it is a waiting game!!

2000mvpfan
03-12-2009, 09:44 PM
..As the self-appointed official FedEx courier of the Game Used Forums,I encourage all you guys to use FedEx Express:) !

..In all seriousness though,while we are a little more expensive,I think we're a little more reliable when it comes to seeing just where that package is at anypoint from pickup to delivery.A cheaper option for you guys might be FedEx Ground-same scans,but ground tends to run cheaper as they are day specific (say,delivery by Friday) where Express is time specific depending on the service you choose.

Joe

yanks12025
03-13-2009, 05:24 AM
Bird,
UPS did the same think to me a month or two ago. I had a package that was only three hours from me and next time i checked the tracking number it was also in Vegas.

1986&2004Bosox
03-13-2009, 06:43 AM
the jerseys made it. however driver did not ring the bell and package was just left inside the door.

33bird
03-13-2009, 07:18 AM
Amazing isn't it? Eric was suppose to get it Tuesday and gets it Friday. Cost me 95.00 for 5 day service and they don't even have him sign or anything. I'm done forever with UPS. I'm just glad they weren't lost forever. Thanks guys.
Greg

cigarman44
03-13-2009, 07:27 AM
is fedex a secret no one knows about? seems like everyone uses UPS and or USPS, but not fedex. as soon as they pickup or you drop off, package is scanned. i have been shipping with them for almost 10 years and never had a problem. they are cheaper and more reliable, well, at least they have been for me.

They are all going to have their problems from time to time. Ive used FedEx for 6 packages when I couldnt get to the post office and 2 of them have been lost. After months of claims on both of them I hav yet to get a refund for the insured amount.

I have used USPS with DC over 1000 times and not one package has been lost.

cigarman44
03-13-2009, 07:31 AM
Momen, Fed Ex is not a secrect.

But i'll tell you something I don't know what rates they charge from where you live but they have been the most expensive to ship items from where I live.

I live in New York and from time to time have compared prices and Fed Ex has been ridiculous.

I never really tried DHL but now that doesn't even matter since there gone.

But for example if I was shipping a pair of Sneakers.
USPS would charge $5 to $10
UPS would charge about $15
Fed Ex would charge $20

Personally I have always found USPS to be the most reliable

But I had a very similar situation with USPS about 6 months ago shipping an item to a forum member.

I sent out the item through usps with delivery/tracking info & Priotrity (2-3 day) shipping put on it.
A couple of days went by and I checked the the tracking and there was no information listed. I was bugging out because I knew I shipped the item and shipped it with tracking - So where is the item???
another couple of days went by and the buyer contacted me and said they still haven't received the item. I felt terrible for the buyer because I did send him the item and I didn't want him to think wrong of me especially since I am providing him with a tracking number that is not even registering after a week it had been shipped out.

I went back to the post office and they were baffled!!
Because they charged me for everything including tracking and priority and yet they have no registered tracking info for it. But I had the reciept to prove it.
What happend was they charged me for it but the teller forgot to scan the item and she sent it out with nothing to trace it.
I went into an outrage in the usps (YES I WENT POSTAL!!!:D ) Because if anything to the buyer I am the one who looks bad. The manager told me to give it another 7 days and then we will have to see what we will do from there.
I explained to the buyer the situation and asked him for 7 days, he said no problem. As each day went by we talked and still no package. At this point im prepared to give a refund and take the loss.
What do you know on the 7th day the package showed up at his house.

And he can see from the date stamped on the box when I shipped it out. So he was fine with it.

I hate to say but sometimes it is a waiting game!!

They are by far the most expensive. A bat from here to Cali from USPS is about 11.00 and with fedex it's 22.00.

Ozric
03-13-2009, 07:45 AM
We'll I can tell you this from a buyers persepective... I will never allow a seller to send something to me via fedex as fedex will NEVER deliver something to a residence while the person is actually home. Fedex has always attempted deliveries to my address during the week and between the hours of 12:00 - 2:00 in the middle of the freakin afternoon. I have even called them prior to each delivery attempt to let them know that I will not be home and to try and deliver at a later time, but they have simply never ever listened. I found their customer service to be arrogant and have even had one of their reps laugh at me when I suggested that they should make their delivery attempts while people were actually home. UPS on the other hand, may have issues, but they have always delivered to my home after my work hours without me even having to ask. I'm tracking a package from Hunt right now that is going UPS and I know they will show up around 7:00 this evening...