PDA

View Full Version : Prova Chip in Helmets

jayt1234
12-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Do helmets come with the Prova Chip? If so where would I look for it? I have seen some sold this way and have on sale now (2006 Cwboys helmet bought from Heritage Auctions)and rather than take the insides apart just wanted to know if this was the case.

Thank You,

Jay

RKGIBSON
12-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Jay,

I have a Ram helmet with the WeTrak stuff and it has no chip. It has a label with the logo and number tag. It is under the upper rear head pad.

Roger

jayt1234
12-03-2008, 09:26 AM
I actually took the helmet off Ebay as I really did not want to sell it and I would have taken a bit of a loss with no COA. It is an Akin Ayodele silver '06 Cowboys helmet and I won it back in May of 2007 from Heritage Auctions and it was the first piece of game used equipment I had bought. It did not come with the Cowboys COA and I havd no idea to even look for it so it was too late to recover it months later and Game Exclusives was gone by then.

But thank you for the reply. I will at least check tonight to see if there is anything there.

Jay

helmets
12-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Jay:

I own (15-18) 2006 Cowboys helmets and they all have the Prova chip under the rear padding. Most are Schutt helmets, but there are 4-5 Riddell as well. It is quite easy to see without tearing the helmet apart. I'm sure that your helmet has it as well. It is rock solid proof of the helmet being game used - IMO it is far better than a COA or LOA.