X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matt
    • Jul 2007

Grey Flannel Arod 2001 Jersey Inconsistencies

Check this out:
    The Hobby's premier auction site for game-worn jerseys, graded cards, championship rings, and Hall of Fame autographs.

I spent an hour or so on this jersey and could not match it. Though it may be legit (hell, Arod signed it "Game Used 2001), here are some problems I found in case you bid on it:

1. It is tagged as Set 1 2000, though signed "GU 2001." Since Arod did not play for Texas in 2000, this is a bit weird, but not too weird alone.

2. Since it has the 9/11 flag, this can only be from 9/13-9/30 2001. How many times could they have worn an alternate jersey in this period??? Seems to me, not more than 1 or 2x, so there should not be mutiple jerseys made up this way. My problem is that the photos from the 9/26 game don't match this jersey real well. Here is the best shot:Click image for larger version

Name:	640102.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	721372

Note that the 3 does not align with the name plate the same way, and the 3 is actually shaped a bit different. Another getty photo shows different button locations on the front in my estimation. Also, I found that the X and S in Texas align differently in the 2 jerseys.

Anyway, your mileage may vary, but thought I would post my thoughts for folks who might be considering.

Matt
Working...